• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Woolly World: new batch of screenshots

jariw

Well, it'd have to come from somwhere else though.

You could have it like:
- 60fps platformer with little/none anti-aliasing
- 30fps platformer with better anti-aliasing
- 60fps platofmer with better anti-aliasing that probably looks like garbage lol

Where are the aliasing defects in these screen shots? The only places where I can see any are on some of the shadows.

Does not compute. You agree that they're incompetent but you see where they're coming from? Even if you sympathize with their motive, you agree with me that they're still too incompetent to properly act on that supposed motive, assuming that's even the real reason for the delay. So what's the point in defending them from any minute angle at this point?

I agree that NoA seems incompetent on many issues. I agree that they have handled the Amiibo situation poorly. With that out of the way, now that they are in this mess, I can see why they would delay the game in North America and Japan, in order to fix their Amiibo supply problem and launch the game when it's sorted. It's possible to see someone's point of view while simultaneously disagreeing with it, you know? I don't like this situation as a consumer and I think NoA should have fixed their Amiibo issues a long time ago, but if they are attempting to fix it now and release both products (the game and the yarn Yoshi figures) simultaneously, I can see why they are going this route. If your solution to this delay is "well, they shouldn't have gotten themselves into this mess to begin with!!", well, guess what? Your solution sucks and doesn't fix anything. The past is just that...the past. I'm much more interested in what Nintendo is going to do in the future.

It's really not that hard to understand, really. I can empathize with their current situation, while also being critical of their previous actions. I am frustrated with NoA, but I am also a rational person. If delaying Yoshi's Wooly World in order to fix Amiibo production issues means they are taking steps to fix all future Amiibo shortage problems, I'll take it. If the game is delayed for this reason (again, we have no idea if this is actually why it's launching later outside of Europe) and you still can't find Amiibos? Yeah, that will be insane. And considering I've made plenty of posts in the past voicing my disgust with NoA on numerous issues, I'll be the first to call them out on their BS.

renjworks

Neo Member
nintendo's so good at this kind of art style.
the color combination is so beautiful it make me want to buy their machine.

I agree that NoA seems incompetent on many issues.  I agree that they have handled the Amiibo situation poorly...

So again, why do you keep splitting hairs on their incompetence which you admit to? You keep stating that you agree with me that they're consistently incompetent in handling Amiibo distribution here. They have consistently demonstrated NO positive move to change course as their nonstop Amiibo mistakes throughout year have shown us, so there is no reason at this point to assume all of a sudden that they are "learning" or correcting this somehow.

If your solution to this delay is "well, they shouldn't have gotten themselves into this mess to begin with!!", well, guess what?  Your solution sucks and doesn't fix anything.  

Ok, you're getting rude now. No, my stance doesn't "suck" and again, they aren't fixing any perceived Amiibo problem by delaying a finished game by 4-5 months for a cute yet probably cheaply made toy with a flash chip stuck inside its tush which will be available with the game in Europe in a few months. And again, you don't even know that the Yoshi Amiibo is the reason for the delay just as we also don't know for sure that NOA actually thinks giving Splatoon more "breathing room" for 4-5 months is the actual rationalization, that's just a theory as well of course.

In any case, unless you or someone with insider related info of some kind can enlighten this further, I refuse to believe NOA really needs 4-5 months more than Europe does just to get a few extra Yoshi Amiibos out the gate here. I also refuse to believe your huge reach of a theory that delaying Woolly World is some grand turning point that NOA is taking to correct their Amiibo strategy in the U.S. when just earlier this month, Ness and the Splatoon Amiibo bundles crashed GameStop's order system which aside from Gamestop's own poor planning, was in the end due to NOA once again striking another moronic exclusivity deal and placing that as a priority over people who just want to buy their products conveniently.

The past is just that...the past.  I'm much more interested in what Nintendo is going to do in the future.

Uh, no. Their past mistakes are important and I'll continue to point out NOA's missteps without simply assuming they'll fix themselves. No entity can move ahead towards a positive future without learning from the past and focusing on fixing things in the present first,, NOA has demonstrated none of that recently. There is ZERO reason to assume they're being smart by creating a Wii U summer release drought in the U.S. by delaying this game and despite your insistence, I will not simply give them the benefit of the doubt as a customer until they stop screwing around and give I and other loyal customers here a reason for doing so.

Also, you'd better hope come Fall that the Yoshi Amiibo's aren't A) exclusive to one store and B) are in good supply, otherwise your entire tangent here on NOA's behalf postulating that this game's delay is possible evidence that "At least they've learned from their Amiibo supply mistakes!" will be really pointless and laughable. Anyways no offense but I'm done replying to you on this here as we're both just repeating our stances at this point. 

Sownic

Banned
Where are the aliasing defects in these screen shots? The only places where I can see any are on some of the shadows.

tzAfzE.jpg

So again, why do you keep splitting hairs on their incompetence which you admit to? You keep stating that you agree with me that they're consistently incompetent in handling Amiibo distribution here. They have consistently demonstrated NO positive move to change course as their nonstop Amiibo mistakes throughout year have shown us, so there is no reason at this point to assume all of a sudden that they are "learning" or correcting this somehow.

Ok, you're getting rude now. No, my stance doesn't "suck" and again, they aren't fixing any perceived Amiibo problem by delaying a finished game by 4-5 months for a cute yet probably cheaply made toy with a flash chip stuck inside its tush which will be available with the game in Europe in a few months. And again, you don't even know that the Yoshi Amiibo is the reason for the delay just as we also don't know for sure that NOA actually thinks giving Splatoon more "breathing room" for 4-5 months is the actual rationalization, that's just a theory as well of course.

In any case, unless you or someone with insider related info of some kind can enlighten this further, I refuse to believe NOA really needs 4-5 months more than Europe does just to get a few extra Yoshi Amiibos out the gate here. I also refuse to believe your huge reach of a theory that delaying Woolly World is some grand turning point that NOA is taking to correct their Amiibo strategy in the U.S. when just earlier this month, Ness and the Splatoon Amiibo bundles crashed GameStop's order system which aside from Gamestop's own poor planning, was in the end due to NOA once again striking another moronic exclusivity deal and placing that as a priority over people who just want to buy their products conveniently.

Uh, no. Their past mistakes are important and I'll continue to point out NOA's missteps without simply assuming they'll fix themselves. No entity can move ahead towards a positive future without learning from the past and focusing on fixing things in the present first,, NOA has demonstrated none of that recently. There is ZERO reason to assume they're being smart by creating a Wii U summer release drought in the U.S. by delaying this game and despite your insistence, I will not simply give them the benefit of the doubt as a customer until they stop screwing around and give I and other loyal customers here a reason for doing so.

Also, you'd better hope come Fall that the Yoshi Amiibo's aren't A) exclusive to one store and B) are in good supply, otherwise your entire tangent here on NOA's behalf postulating that this game's delay is possible evidence that "At least they've learned from their Amiibo supply mistakes!" will be really pointless and laughable. Anyways no offense but I'm done replying to you on this here as we're both just repeating our stances at this point. 

That's good, because instead of actually engaging this discussion in an honest manner, you've done nothing but cherry pick single lines from my responses and have twisted them to make your point. I'm not interested in having a conversation with someone who engages in those tactics, so we'll simply agree to disagree and move on.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I've been starting to get my girlfriend into retro gaming (she used to only play *ugh* Candy Crush), and she really took a liking to Yoshi's Island SNES. She'll absolutely flip out when she sees this game.

Top Bottom