• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Woolly World: new batch of screenshots

L~A

Looks like some previews went live today, which is probably why Nintendo uploaded some new screenshots for the game.

One word: gorgeous.

125559_wiiu_yoshiswoo3iuar.png
125563_wiiu_yoshiswoorlu9q.png
125564_wiiu_yoshiswooogupv.png

125569_wiiu_yoshiswooevu2i.png
125574_wiiu_yoshiswooi2u0v.png
125570_wiiu_yoshiswooslu67.png

125572_wiiu_yoshiswoo9qubb.png
125575_wiiu_yoshiswoo6hu0h.png
125573_wiiu_yoshiswoo7uuar.png

125574_wiiu_yoshiswooaiuse.jpg

Never seen anything like this before!

The just-visible strings holding up the cloud platforms! As if the whole game has been knitted and made using stop motion animation.

Looks good, but I don't know if I like the backgrounds. They look a bit blurry and static, especially after playing Tropical Freeze.

Espada

The yarn aesthetic has had me hooked since Epic Yarn, and this latest batch of screenshots just strengthens my love for this look. Looks great!

So damn adorable. This is my wife's most anticipated game and I can't wait to play it with her. I expect many squeals and squeaks from her general direction.

Zornack

It's SO CUTE.

I hope they break the trend of shitty Yoshi games. Yoshi's Island was so good, let's get back to that.

Balb

Looks damn good.

Hoping to god the level design is there too. Kirby's Epic Yarn's art style couldn't save that game for me :(

Dr. Buni

Looks damn good.

Hoping to god the level design is there too. Kirby's Epic Yarn's art style couldn't save that game for me :(
Nothing wrong with the level design in Epic Yarn. The problem (to some) was the lack of any challenge, but I don't know why one would expect to be challenged in a Kirby game.

Anyways, this game looks gorgeous. Hoping this is the first proper successor to Yoshi's Island.

SerTapTap

So ready for this. Hope the gameplay is close to the original game. Really hope this is Yoshi's comeback.

Game better have some yarn Tap-Taps too.

Jucksalbe

Banned
With Kirby next week and this in two months, we're getting so much adorable cuteness on WiiU soon. I hope my heart can take it.

I just hope it doesn't have god aweful music like new yoshi's island, looks amazing glad i've pre-ordered (mainly so i can get an amiibo before all stock goes to resellers and international orders)

SerTapTap

I just hope it doesn't have god aweful music like new yoshi's island, looks amazing glad i've pre-ordered (mainly so i can get an amiibo before all stock goes to resellers and international orders)

Good Feel did a pretty good job with Kirby style music (just a bit fluffier) in Epic Yarn. Wouldn't expect any of the awfulness of New Island from them.

jonno394

the fact you can see a castle and flags in world 1, does that mean we're going to have a proper world map (like NSMB U/3D World) that you can run around in or will we be restricted to the lines between levels (as seen in world 2 part of the map)?

lt519

Backgrounds look a little dull but the rest looks amazing. Excited for that hub world too, worked well for SM3DW (despite still thinking a 3D game should have a fully explorable 3D hub).

-Horizon-

Very nice look and cute as well. Not going to get it though. I told myself that platformers are not for me. Will get the yarn amiibo though :3

Same developers as Epic Yarn, right? Outside of the lack of difficulty, it was pretty good. I'll be picking this one up if reviews look as good as Yarn's.

maxcriden

Nothing wrong with the level design in Epic Yarn. The problem (to some) was the lack of any challenge, but I don't know why one would expect to be challenged in a Kirby game.

That's true of the base game, but going for 100% in KEY or any other Kirby game is plenty tough. We're working on KEY right now and some of the levels are very difficult to 100%!

Top Bottom