• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yotsuba - "You must be tired of livin'"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently started reading Yotsuba, and I quite like the humor.

Anyway, I decided to draw a fan-art of Yotsuba in my so far favorite chapter.

Hope you guys won't tear it apart...
yotsuba.jpg

Wii said:
If you like Yosubato, go get Azumanga Daioh (it's by the same guy)

Yup. watched the whole anime series. It's what got me interested in Yotsubato, though it took me half a year of procrastinating before I actually went and bought the manga.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'm reading Yotsuba& right now. I love it so much.
I'm on the third volume and every time I read one story it brings me so much joy. The Japanese is also at the perfect level for me.
I just read Yotsuba & Elephants and holy goodness did I ever just end up in tears from laughing at the end.

RevenantKioku said:
I'm reading Yotsuba& right now. I love it so much.
I'm on the third volume and every time I read one story it brings me so much joy. The Japanese is also at the perfect level for me.
I just read Yotsuba & Elephants and holy goodness did I ever just end up in tears from laughing at the end.

I really loved the expression on Yotsuba when Asagi took the strawberry off the strawberry cake. BEST!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Yeah, it's a great one. Really, there hasn't been a story yet that disappointed. I'm on Volume 3 but only see up to 7 in stores so that's kinda heartbreaking. I'm going slowly.

zoku88

I bought the first volume a little while ago. I'll prolly buy a lot of the other volumes the next time I decide to drop a hundred or so getting manga...

You're lucky that you have 7 volumes in Japan. North America is still sitting on #5, dammit.

No matter... I waited this long to pick it up anyway.

bjork

I live my life like Yotsuba. Love the manga because I can identify with it so easily. And because it's good. :)

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Yotsuba & Revenge is by far my favorite chapter in a series comprised of nothing but excellent chapters.

You absolutely have to track down this Revoltech action figure.

RevoltechYotsuba06.jpg

RevoltechYotsuba08.jpg

RevoltechYotsuba09.jpg

bjork

That one, and Danboard with the light up eyes. Good stuff.

There's a figure out for Fuka now too, but it's not a Revoltech, as best as I can tell.

Mirimar

http://game.muscle.client.jp/flash/yotubatobu.html

Yotsuba flash game I just found through niconico douga. It's a harder version of that Nanaca game where you kick the guy as far as you can...if anyone can figure out a trick on how to send her flying, let me know =( The nico vid has her flying like...forever. Tap left/right keys to gain swing momentum is the only instructions. Spacebar sends her flying.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1841965

Be warned..the music is addicting...

Mirimar said:
http://game.muscle.client.jp/flash/yotubatobu.html

Yotsuba flash game I just found through niconico douga. It's a harder version of that Nanaca game where you kick the guy as far as you can...if anyone can figure out a trick on how to send her flying, let me know =( The nico vid has her flying like...forever. Tap left/right keys to gain swing momentum is the only instructions. Spacebar sends her flying.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1841965

Be warned..the music is addicting...

What are the game controls? There must be a way to make her swing like all-get-out.
Arrow keys don't seem to do anything for me.

BTW, The revoltech figure is cool. I passed on it though. Not that fond of Revoltech, though the Fraulent series were pretty nice.

nny

DAMN YOU ADV, WHERE'S MY VOLUME 6???

><

*ahem* yes, this is one of the best manga I've ever read, and the action figures are love. For example, my Danboard is into Zen gardening:

DSC03770.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Mr. Pointy said:
Love Yotsuba&!. Probably in the top 3 of my favourite manga.

I want an anime, but no news.

they had one in the works. don't know what happened to it tho

RevenantKioku

If I was talking about the US version, I'd probably say "Yotsuba and" or just Yotsuba. to is the particle used for nouns for 'and'.

ChryZ

mugwhump said:
...How do I pronounce it? Yotsuba ampersand?!? :(
The original title is Yotsubato, "Yotsuba" is the girl's name, "to" means and/&.

It's kinda like the title of every Friends episodes "the one with the ..."

S. L.

talking of yotsuba
whats the deal with ADVs volume 6?
wasn't that supposed to come out like 2 months ago?

typhonsentra said:
Uh, I can't figure out the controls that that flash game. The arrow keys don't work.
tap them REPEATEDLY

nny said:
DAMN YOU ADV, WHERE'S MY VOLUME 6???

><

*ahem* yes, this is one of the best manga I've ever read, and the action figures are love. For example, my Danboard is into Zen gardening:

DSC03770.jpg

WIN. That looks damn awesome.

zoku88

S. L. said:
talking of yotsuba
whats the deal with ADVs volume 6?
wasn't that supposed to come out like 2 months ago?

tap them REPEATEDLY
ADV manga is made of epic fail. Didn't they announce that they sold off most of their manga rights? I know TP got Aria. Maybe they got Yotsuba! as well :?

Dibbz said:
Wait this is an actual show?? I thought it was something 4chan made up :/
manga

bjork

zoku88 said:
ADV manga is made of epic fail. Didn't they announce that they sold off most of their manga rights? I know TP got Aria. Maybe they got Yotsuba! as well :?

They sold off Aria, Peacemaker, Tactics, and I think one other one. Yotsuba's been one of the series that had really weird time gaps in the release. I remember 1 and 2 coming out on a regular schedule, then a long time before 3. #6 is listed TBA on my distributor's website, so who knows.

It could be worse, though. Gunslinger Girl had more than a year between some of its releases.

Tirade

placeholder
Yotsuba and AD! is the shit. The AD! omnibus was the best $25 i ever spent...

So, it's not that I can't find Yotsuba, it's that ADV hasn't realeased it...?

It was supposed to come out in FEBRUARY!!! :( :( :(

SuperPac

I don't think there's been any announcement of the sort, but ADV Manga's been shut down for months now even though they never removed the solicitations for 2008. Your best bet is to rally around someone else picking up the license.

Lelielle

Yotsuba <3 such a great comic, that and Ichigo Mashimaro make me nostalgic for my days as a babysitter, kids say the darndest things and all that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom