• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You’re in charge of assigning a studio to a new IP, what studio and what kind of game do you give them?

I would love a complete mech game done by kojima productions, with some weird existential plot devices and creepy innuendo, I guess that would just be a new ZOE, but i want it in major city environments with full destruction. I’d also like if there were sections where you gotta enter and exit the mechs, like front mission.

giphy.gif

Also get Naughty Dog to make a futuristic detective/murder mystery game, with a bunch of twists and turns. They can still use some of their 3rd person cover mechanics with some choice driven gameplay

tumblr_oifzwgZiRC1vqbvcbo3_540.gifv

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
One of the COD studios makes Fallout. Or any shooter studio takes a crack at it.

For once, a Fallout game would have good shooting mechanics and the enemies wouldn't move in a weird slippery way. Therefore, so you dont have to rely on VATs so much and can explore and shoot in real time all the time.

Whatever team that developed black flag, to make black flag meets urban meiers pirates.

No Templar/assassin bullshit, larger in scope with some "pirate simulator" added on top

One of the COD studios makes Fallout. Or any shooter studio takes a crack at it.

For once, a Fallout game would have good shooting mechanics and the enemies wouldn't move in a weird slippery way. Therefore, so you dont have to rely on VATs so much and can explore and shoot in real time all the time.

ID Software should try

GermanZepp

Kojima> Silent hill
Santa Mónica > Rock and roll Racing.
Miyazaki > a cyber/steam punk game.
Naughty dog > Half life 3
Rockstar > a medieval game.
Fuimos ueda > wherever he likes.

Insomniac --> Banjo Kazooie sequel or new Conquer game
Playground Games --> SSX Tricky
Rare --> Monkey Island
343 --> their own take on a new 1st person shooter, with no Halo strings attached.
Bungie --> Fable

Arc System Works.

A 2d fighting game with all Sega characters (from Golden Axe, Streets Of Rage, Virtua Fighter, Sonic, Eternal Champions, Bayonetta, Phantasy Star, etc.)

Ansphn

Housemarque given the Megaman IP.

3rd person rogue-like tight controls like Returnal, Co-op, more realistic (not cartoon like Megaman). Boss fights against advanced military robotics (Some are legendary war heros) highly intelligent A.I androids with unique abilities and personalities. Setting is War torn Cyberpunk world/cities/landscapes destroyed due to the Human vs Android war started by genius terrorist leader Albert Wiley.

You are the first human/Android hybrid experiment in the Megaman project helmed by Dr. Thomas Light to tip the scale in a losing war where humans were at the brink of extinction. You and others from this project are the last hope for Mankind.

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
This is an easy one, Rockstar doing a full-on fantasy RPG, one can dream. It's interesting that every one of R* games is based in the real world/grounded in reality but they *did* give us Undead Nightmare way out of left field, so it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility (for the time being it is though, I think all we'll get over the next 10 years is GTA6 and *maybe* something else).

Housemarque given the Megaman IP.

3rd person rogue-like tight controls like Returnal, Co-op, more realistic (not cartoon like Megaman). Boss fights against advanced military robotics (Some are legendary war heros) highly intelligent A.I androids with unique abilities and personalities. Setting is War torn Cyberpunk world/cities/landscapes destroyed due to the Human vs Android war started by genius terrorist leader Albert Wiley.

You are the first human/Android hybrid experiment in the Megaman project helmed by Dr. Thomas Light to tip the scale in a losing war where humans were at the brink of extinction. You and others from this project are the last hope for Mankind.

I always wanted a 3d platforming megaman (original blue bomber, not X) by Insomniacs ratchet and clank team since they already have the different ammo types down to a science

Housemarque would be perfect for Metroid

Last edited:
That was my second choice for ND

giphy.gif

Honestly Naughty Dog just give us any thing new, no more uncharted and TLOU, pleeeeease

It fills a big void in Sony's lineup

Microsoft has Skyrim now. Sony doesn't have any western RPGs

Naughty Dog could really elevate the genre to new heights, and the genre is MASSIVE in terms of appeal.

It fills a big void in Sony's lineup

Microsoft has Skyrim now. Sony doesn't have any western RPGs

Naughty Dog could really elevate the genre to new heights, and the genre is MASSIVE in terms of appeal.

Yeah, and i dont even think I’d want them to do an RPG really. Just put us in the role of a squire that gets thrown into a war and you have to use your remedial sword skills to survive.

Essentially something like Kingdom Come but with better graphics and gameplay

hinch7

I would get Rockstar on open world Cyberpunk game. Make a living, breathing city set in the far future (akin to Blade Runner) and do something that CDPR failed to with 2077.

Santa Monica Studio working on a full on WRPG. Third person action game. MC is a demon hunter much like Van Hellsing/Dante/Guts and fights to destroy evil. Plays like a mix of GoW old and new with MC main weapons being; guns, blades and one arm mounted crossbow/cannon.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

Naughty Dog make a Gundam (Universal Century) game, with triple A cinematic experience that re tell the history from 0079 - CCA in one go (non-stage based), no more low budget arena fighters Gundam

Sentenza

Assuming we could force the studio to actually ship the game, I'd give Valve the task to make a first person RPG/immersive sim in the style of Deus Ex.
Out of their usual comfort zone but I feel like they'd SMASH it if committed to the job.

NahaNago

I'd go with Naughty Dog getting a fantasy rpg game. Like others have said Sony is lacking a rpg game.

I'd have Sony Santa Monica do another bloody game but more heavy metal style. Just over the top with corny style and lots of gruesome deaths. A mixture of god of war, metalcolypse, and mad max.

I'd have Polyphony make an underground street racing game more like initial D style. Just have folks racing up and down mountains. I actually want a Thailand racing game since I keep watching this youtuber who shows all these racing events, and they seem to race with any vehicle that moves.

I'd have Capcom create a fantasy style game in the style of mega man legends. I'd also have them create a game based on shamans fighting monsters similar to onimusha style.

I'd have squareenix create a jrpg using some Chinese style fantasy with gods, secret realms, and all of the interesting elements you get from xianxia and xuanhuan books.

I did kind of want Naughty Dog to create a cyberpunk game I just don't think they could create a large enough world.

I'd have Ubisoft make a game with a steam punk world setting. Like steam punk technology is pretty much used in everyone's daily life.

bbeach123

Space MMO . Two faction (wow like) trying to take controls a new system .

Player can build station/factory in space ,build ships , outpost on planets to mine (auto) stuff .

No jump drive , maybe a few jump gate .

Maybe add a third NPC factions to give players something to shot .
Or go full fantasy and made monster / dungeon in space .

Elysion

Banned
Polyphony (or another accomplished racing game studio like Turn 10) should do a mech sim.

You’re a mercenary who pilots an old, outdated mech from the last war that you have to repair and tune, until you have earned enough money from missions to buy a newer model. Over the course of the game you can buy a hangar where you can park your whole collection of mechs of all kinds, each of which handle differently, with realistic physics and all. You‘re able to modify every aspect of your mechs, be it the armor or the engine, the cockpit or the weaponry, optional flight modules or just cosmetic variations.

The environments you fight in range from the streets of destroyed cities, to deserts, jungles, the arctic, even underwater, all the way to space (once you get your hands on a flight capable mech), where you fight other advanced mechs.

The multiplayer ranges from 1v1 combat to large battles with 64 or 128 participants. There could be some neat extra modes as well, like a racing mode where you have to reach the end of a large map first (and have to overcome AI and human enemies along the way).

Though now that I think about it, maybe something like this would be more suited to a studio like Respawn? I was mainly thinking of Polyphony and Turn 10 because of the realistic physics and sim aspects, but I‘m not sure they‘d be to handle multiplayer like this.

Amiga

Platinum Games - Isometric Action RPG, add Sekiguchi as producer.
Kojima Productions - VR project, leave the rest to Kojima
Insomniac - Sci-Fi FPS

mortal

Gold Member
Also get Naughty Dog to make a futuristic detective/murder mystery game, with a bunch of twists and turns. They can still use some of their 3rd person cover mechanics with some choice driven gameplay

lol Naughty Dog being given the Blade Runner license is something I've imagined as well. I think the results would be very promising.
I love when developer make original IP, but I'm surprised by lack of Blade Runner games, given the prominence and artistic influence of the IP.

brian0057

Banned

This but with Eidos Montreal.
And call it Deus Ex.
Wait a minute...

lol Naughty Dog being given the Blade Runner license is something I've imagined as well. I think the results would be very promising.
I love when developer make original IP, but I'm surprised by lack of Blade Runner games, given the prominence and artistic influence of the IP.

A lot of blade runner type games in the indie scene, not a lot of AAA

Gojiira

From Software - Metal Gear: Armoured Core
Kojima - Syphon Filter
Sucker Punch - Onimusha
Naughty Dog - Legacy of Kain

Last edited:
Top Bottom