• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You are invited to register for the MAG Beta

JardeL

Inanna Dan said:
Complaints
That's one of the side-effects of PS3 price drop.

Btw, how is that possible to have 2 different avatars with single account ? You have 2 messages and 2 different avatars ? mindblown.gif

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
JardeL, its the random avatar script thing. There are a few sites that let you upload multiple avatars on their server and give you a link that you can put in your user cp avatar setting. Everytime you load the page it would randomly display one of the avatars you uploaded. Simple.

Beardz

Damn... server is down and I need my fix! I'm very addicted to this game... Zipped did it again, I can see myself playing MAG for a long time.

I love Valor and I hate SVER so much, I couldn't care less about Raven tho.

Yeah, I was expecting to hate this game, but instead became addicted.
Wish it had jet packs, though. Then it'd be a true replacement for Tribes.

Beardz

AceBandage said:
Yeah, I was expecting to hate this game, but instead became addicted.
Wish it had jet packs, though. Then it'd be a true replacement for Tribes.

Or you can play Warhawk.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Raven look the coolest. And they wear black, how can they not be! I dislike Valors character design though, muscly macho sleeveless armour (lol) wearing dickheads. They don't look professional at all. Given their background history I was hoping for a totally different look.

SVER look cool, but I just hate them now. Just go on MAG official forum and you'd realise how weird they are. Calling Raven and Valor vastly inferior CoD loving noobs that don't know the meaning of teamwork and keep on insisting that they are dominating because every single one of them are skilled vets while Raven and Valor are getting their arses kicked because we suck and all we do is whine about SVER's superiority by blaming the unbalanced maps. Yeah right. :lol

MAG community is scaring me off already.. I guess, like JardeL said, it is one of the side-effects of PS3 price drop.

I freaking love this game. The maps, controls, gameplay rock. Between this and BF:BC2(PC) i will no reason to play any other competitive FPS

JardeL

Inanna Dan said:
JardeL, its the random avatar script thing. There are a few sites that let you upload multiple avatars on their server and give you a link that you can put in your user cp avatar setting. Everytime you load the page it would randomly display one of the avatars you uploaded. Simple.
Thanks for the reply , sounds like Black Magic though. :D

PacoDG

I have about 70+ codes left, I did giveaways and all that stuff, so now, just PM me if you need a code or even want to give one to a friend. Obviously the first 70 to PM will get them.

The catch. I'm going to sleep, so don't expect to see the code until the morning.

(I will give priority however to those who follow @Binge_Gamer on Twitter and just let me know what your twitter name is in the PM to me.. so those will truly be the first come first serve.... but if you aren't on twitter, im sure you'll get one just from a PM.. it seems at this point, those who wanted in the beta, are in the beta)

JardeL

Why do we have to re-queue? They can mix squads - platoons randomly and switch attacker / defender faction for the next game.

NeoUltima

What the hell...was just playing and message flashed across screen that the beta is over :| Just as I was getting into it again...surely it must just mean for maintenance? The public beta just started recently I thought(got my code last week)?

O well, at least I was there at the end

NeoUltima said:
What the hell...was just playing and message flashed across screen that the beta is over :| Just as I was getting into it again...surely it must just mean for maintenance? The public beta just started recently I thought(got my code last week)?

O well, at least I was there at the end
Nope. Ended tonight. The public beta actually began on November 9th, so it's been going on for a while.

It's really a shame this is coming out the same day as NMH2, because I was really digging the Beta.
The Domination matches were just pure fun, especially when you're on a team that actually works together.

YoungHav

Banned
Played about 30min of this. Thought it was average, looked like ass on my SDTV. Like Cod4 and Killzone 2 better. The queues fucking suck; loved parachuting into the battlefield, more FPS need this feature. lol the maps are big as fuck!

Official US box art:

4173209770_c5d72439a4.jpg

HooCares

Neo Member
RotBot said:
Not sure if this is old news, but anyone can instantly get a MAG beta code here: http://psnbeta.us.playstation.com/MAG/BetaVoucher.php

You only have until Saturday at midnight to try it out.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/12/mag-beta-ends-with-zipper-challenge-this-friday/

So wait, is it over or not?

I just followed the above link and was able to get a code - why did it let me get a code if it's over?

EDIT: NVM - didn't read his whole post.

And for the boxart, they should do starcraft style with 3 boxarts for each faction.

MAG is gold and a beta for everyone is coming

We realize that the wait is still more than a month away, which is why we’re also pleased to announce a cool little surprise (or should I say, a “great, big surprise?”) to tide you over. In an effort to give you a taste of what to expect with the final version of MAG, Zipper and Sony Computer Entertainment will team up on January 4 to bring you our final and 100% open PSN beta.

But what’s so great about MAG Beta 5? Well, to start, it will take place worldwide — so if you’re in a territory with a PlayStation 3 and an Internet connection, you qualify to be a part of it. What’s more is that you won’t need any special permissions or code keys to participate, you’ll just get it and go! Complete access to the game’s 64-player sabotage and 256-player Domination modes are pretty good reasons to get excited too.

Of course, the best news about MAG Beta 5 is that you’ll be able to download the client in North America starting tomorrow, December 22! Additionally, PS3 owners in Asia can start downloading the file on December 25, while the European store will make it available on January 4. Check back for details on Japanese PSN store access in the near future.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/12/mag-is-gold-beta-for-everyone-soon/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
hopefully they unlock the tutorial mode, as I doubt they want a new herd of potential customers being utterly baffled as to what to do when first starting.

Violater

BattleMonkey said:
People called that bullshot? Really? It's not that impressive :lol
14440u8.gif

Just glad that everyone will get to play it and we will see how their servers hold up.
Hopefully they fixed the bullet lag.
4005739243_02f43dde29.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
F#A#Oo said:
Europe last?

WTF...

It starts on the 4th but the downloads will be available early. Like a preload I guess for Asia and NA. But they all go live at once. At least thats how I read the thing.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Violater said:
Just glad that everyone will get to play it and we will see how their servers hold up.
Hopefully they fixed the bullet lag.
4005739243_02f43dde29.jpg
And SVER maps!

I just love the look of Raven APC's. SO smeexxxyyy!

panda21

AndyD said:
It starts on the 4th but the downloads will be available early. Like a preload I guess for Asia and NA. But they all go live at once. At least thats how I read the thing.

yeah its not open till the 4th anyway, its just some regions can download it early since its big and take a while to DL if a billion people are doing it at once

GodofWine

Violater said:
Remember these from the bullshots thread?

Its safe to say the actual game looks much better now.

I think the game looks exactly like that pic, at least the beta did, its not a 'pretty' game by any means...in my opinion it looks worse (in beta) than Socom confrontation, but very similar in styles.

Im hoping that for this open beta they at least maybe add actual 'gun sounds' instead of those miserable 'air soft' sounds...I think the sound just turned me off.

I'd love to see a smoother animation set in general too, but Im thinking what we saw, is the 99% complete game.

Mikey Jr.

Hmm, got into the beta and stopped after a while. I didnt get to experience all the post patches, but hopefully its better. Should be since the forums had LOTS of player feedback; more than any testers could get.

One thing that I hope is improved is fps. Was kind of janky in the beginning.

Victrix

*beard*
During October’s beta period alone nearly 534,000+ miles were traveled in-game by MAG players each week.

Unfortunately, my experience with the beta is that I alone travelled 534,000+ miles each game

Consequently, my interest in the finished product is somewhat low :lol

Top Bottom