• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play through Wind Waker HD on a First Person perspective

Joqu

Those are some solid changes. I guess I'll pick it up when it's out, I still have some store credit to spend anyway.

Still disappointed they cut the Tingle Tuner, but I guess selfies make up for it!

I really, really hope the five triforce pieces are in new mini islands/ mini dungeons. I swear in that last Nintendo Direct trailer, there was a new island with a moblin in an arena area. Can't wait!

Himself

As far as all the speculation about first-person Zelda, I would love it. I think the series could use a little shaking up. Doesn't mean it'll last forever. But honestly a lot of Zelda's mechanics would be fun to mess around with in first-person. I just don't think Nintendo is brave enough to actually do it.

Paskil

How are they going to include selfie shots and no emote option for duck lips? This is a tragedy that will not stand. BRB, strongly worded letter to Nintendo in progress.

I'm not sure if I will buy this when I inevitably get a WiiU
since I already have it on Gamecube and prefer the original art direction over bloom x infinity
. It’s good to see they aren't just slapping a new coat of paint on it and calling it a day. Here's hoping there are still additional, incoming announcements.

Nibel

@hyruletiger
back on my tingle trip, no skeletons can grab me from here hehe #pilotwing #betterthanfox #windisweird #whereamigoing #leafmealone #herooftimeandair

Shaanyboi

Banned
- Hero Mode available from the start

tumblr_ls72l5yoJb1qjbeju.gif

- Link can also take funny self-photographs
tumblr_lyuszdCAeN1r708tk.jpg

I'm with people who think that the 1st person view is Nintendo testing the waters for Zelda U.

The series has been stuck in the same presentation style since OoT with just cosmetic art style changes so I really welcome any major shift that's going to mix things up. If it works even half as well as moving Metroid into 1st person it may be Wii U's GOTG.

vladdamad

If they properly fixed the triforce quest then this may become the best zelda game for me. It was the only thing that dragged the game down. Not planning on getting a wiiu any time soon, but if i ever do, i'll definitely be picking this up.

I seriously doubt Nintendo would ever do a Zelda that is intended to be played first person. The Iwata Asks for Ocarina of Time says they toyed around with it but you don't get to see your character and that's a big part of feeling like you are connecting with the world.

Also something about Link being too cool not to see on screen all the time.

Contrast with Metroid, where placing the player in first person actually plays into the feeling of isolation.

Wow, I honestly never had a problem with the Triforce Quest when I played this game when I was younger.

I was a little surprised so many people complained. Don't know if I like that it's being gimped.

Um, has Nintendo confirmed the price anywhere? The last time I saw anything official it still said TBD and Amazon doesn't even have a release date.

What if the $59 is just a placeholder?

Oersted

As far as all the speculation about first-person Zelda, I would love it. I think the series could use a little shaking up. Doesn't mean it'll last forever. But honestly a lot of Zelda's mechanics would be fun to mess around with in first-person. I just don't think Nintendo is brave enough to actually do it.

Miyamoto wanted to do OOT in first person.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Wow, I honestly never had a problem with the Triforce Quest when I played this game when I was younger.

I was a little surprised so many people complained. Don't know if I like that it's being gimped.

Yeah I'm with you. Or I thought I was. I had no issue with the triforce quest either. But recently, whenever I get far enough that I have to collect the pieces I just stop.

Marjar

Banned

Well it felt like artificial game lengthening and really ruins the pacing of the game. This is much better.

Nibel

@hyruletiger
UGH will never visit this place again - woman said that i can only get bottles of milk instead of the gooooody stuff #whatisthis #imRicherThanHer #MilkedFranchiseMilkedStomach #againstWhitePower #WillDropABomb #hyruleriot @ganonstarr

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I do wonder what effect Hero Mode will have on the average playtime for the game. Between going slower, taking combat seriously and maybe more deaths. Plus taking time to keep red potions stocked + finding more heart containers.

Timeaisis

I'm exciting for WW link selfie memes. This is gonna be good.

Oh, and this game looks fantastic. Just solidifies me getting it day 1.

Caelus

I'm sure the first person movement in TWW HD will be like the first person movement in SS, where you could move around with the camera, the bow or other long range weapon, but you can't interact with anything. It'd be awesome if you could use your sword or interact with the environment in this game, I'd play the whole game that way.

I never played much of Wind Waker. Had to share it with my brother back then and I was more interested in girls than gaming back in those days. I'm so glad they're making such an effort to improve and update the game. I honestly would have bought it if it was just an HD upgrade, since I never got to experience it, but it really seems like a lot of care if being put into this. Just an excellent job on Nintendo's part, and should help tide me over until a new Zelda comes out.

Okay, fuck.

• HD looks great.
  • Hero mode being available from start and actually presenting a huge challenge is awesome.
  • Selfies. Yes.
  • Ability to move during FPS bow/arrow? Shit's good.
  • Faster animation and text is neat.
  • Non-shitty Triforce quest is a god-send.
  • Miiverse screenshot thing is cool.
  • Possibly some new dungeons in conjunction with Triforce quest?

I think all this justifies a double dip.

Phazon

@hyruletiger
back on my tingle trip, no skeletons can grab me from here hehe #pilotwing #betterthanfox #windisweird #whereamigoing #leafmealone #herooftimeandair

@hyruletiger
UGH will never visit this place again - woman said that i can only get bottles of milk instead of the gooooody stuff #whatisthis #imRicherThanHer #MilkedFranchiseMilkedStomach #againstWhitePower #WillDropABomb #hyruleriot @ganonstarr

Stop killing me Nibel! D:

Actually, go on :D

@hyruletiger
This is perfect!
I'm going to spam Miiverse with my selfies full of "#something"

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
GameSpot put up a pretty good video showing the game in action - looks beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLJ4EXTfpJ8&feature=youtu.be

Yeah they definitely changed the rendering style for frozen Hyrule. More desaturated than outright black and white now. Pretty neat lookin. The content of that video I think I'd rather experience again for the "first time" on my TV while playin it tho, so a couple seconds is plenty.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did they say how many picture the Picto Box can hold now? It was kind of a fun sidequest, but damn if 3 max wasn't annoying, having to travel back so many times to the island to get them developed.

& glad to hear the faster sail is unlocked pretty early. Gonna get it as soon as I finish the first dungeon.

Top Bottom