• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play through Wind Waker HD on a First Person perspective

- Triforce quest – the five Triforce pieces can now be grabbed directly
- Only the remaining three require translated charts instead of eight
- Hero Mode available from the start
- Picto Box has been upgraded
- Upgraded camera could still be used to snap photos of unsuspecting villagers or enemies
- Pictures can go up on Miiverse
- Link can also take funny self-photographs
- Switch between happy, sad, and surprised emotions
- Get the Swift Sail at the auction house after completion of the first dungeon
- No alert via an in-game prompt to signal the special sails availability
- No longer possible to accidentally skip Tingle’s island, as the developers have inserted an introduction to the quirky character into the main quest
- Enhanced first-person camera
- Can now have full movement in that perspective
- Can travel through hallways and shoot arrows like you’re in a FPS

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd-offers-a-definitive-experience

Also this article from USGamer

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-makes-a-surprisingly-good-first-person-shooter

Volotaire

Excellent.

Yes yes, even though i haven't played this before, I would like a challenge please!

First person enhancements hmm , a hint for the future? Zelda Wii U.

They've been loving experimenting with first person since Ocarina with TP and SS.

Alienous

I'm sure the Call of Duty audience are excited.

Lol

Nintendo are trying so hard

Good news about the Triforce quest, though

Wow they did quite a few changes in addition to the graphics. Won't hurt to pick it up and play it through, it is one of the finer Zelda games for sure!

Pappasman

So excited for this. The ability to take selfies will be one of the greatest innovations in gaming.

Hero mode should alleviate some of the difficulty complaints with WW. Double damage and no health drops seems good.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Enhanced first person movement feels reaaaaaally suspicious as if they're vetting it for Zelda U.

Hero mode unlocked from the start is great news. Wind Waker is the most challenge free Zelda game as far as I know.

All of those changes sound fucking excellent. Hero mode from the start means that I'll probably pick this up when I get a Wii U.

Linkyn

Enhanced first person movement feels reaaaaaally suspicious as if they're vetting it for Zelda U.

As long as it's optional and works well, that can only be good for a future Zelda. In Elder Scrolls, you also have the choice between 1st and 3rd person, but I always go for 1st because it works better for me. Similarly, I could just use 3rd person in Zelda if they ever decided to make both fully available.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh alright Nintendo, you can have my money. Took you a while to convince me to do so though on this one but the improvements and Hero's Quest options were enough to do so.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Now I want to see Link with the duck face, when he takes selfies.

Excellent. This is basically everything I wanted from this. Minus working the two cut dungeons back in, but that was more wishful thinking than anything.

D1P

Chuckpebble

Link to take selfies? Nintendo truly understands this generation.

Oh man. Bathrooms with mirrors have been added to all of the dwellings?
OK, no, but I sure hope they actually look like Link is holding the camera instead of some photo taken by another person.

EDIT:
Also, the biggest change for me isn't listed here. When selecting a wind direction, its done by actually looking in the direction the wind will blow, instead of from a disorienting, North-is-up top-down perspective.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
- Link can also take funny self-photographs

tumblr_mjaqag5Y2Y1qh7hnuo1_r2_400.gif

Revven

Sounds fucking GREAT. Now it's going to be hard to choose to buy this or Sonic Lost World ALONGSIDE Pokemon X /Y.

Hero Mode available from the start really seals the purchase for me.

MKUltra

Definitely some nice changes, still not a fan of the bloom lighting but will probably get this if I ever feel like playing The Wind Waker again.

Tik-Tok

I'm almost positive this doesn't mean you can play in first person. I'm sure it just means that when you are in the first person mode to use items that require it it will be enhanced in some way.

Edit: Yeah.. first person with weapons it makes sense with only.

Volcynika

I'm almost positive this doesn't mean you can play in first person. I'm sure it just means that when you are in the first person mode to use items that require it it will be enhanced in some way.

From the USGamer article

I decided to take a different approach to Wind Waker. I switch over to Link's bow and arrow and took careful aim in the first-person view by tilting the Wii U Game Pad just so and started taking out enemies from across the room. And then I noticed that Link now has a newly acquired ability to move while in first-person mode rather than being limited to panning around. So I stayed in first-person mode, plinking bad guys from a distance and shooting them again when they recovered.

So you can move at least.

Anth0ny

Why would anyone do that lol

Hero mode from the start is awesome. I wonder what exactly they're changing to make it harder.

- Enhanced first-person camera
- Can now have full movement in that perspective
- Can travel through hallways and shoot arrows like you’re in a FPS

This isn't new to Zelda. Skyward Sword had the same ability to move in first-person and shoot arrows. So before you rejoice/despair know that it's extremely limited and you can't play the game like this. You can't interact with anything, use your sword or most items. It's still just a novelty that I tried it out for only a few minutes.

As for the other changes they sound great.

Top Bottom