• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can still access the "old" PlayStation Store on the Web, including PS3, PSP, and PS Vita games. Here's how.

Barakov

Gold Member
JrA0nbv.jpg

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I've seen people taking about the new store, but my phone's updated ps app still takes me to the old store with my wishlist.

乁( •_• )ㄏ

graywolf323

Gold Member
Sadly, it appears that Sony has slammed the back door shut. This method is no longer usable.

well that's super annoying with them discontinuing the PS3/Vita store altogether in a few months, I was going to grab some DLC maybe for a game or two but I didn't want to have to dig out my PS3 to do so (and the Vita store is notorious for not reliably showing everything) so I was going to use this trick to do so :-/

Fox Mulder

A shame. The redesigned store and app cares more about being pretty than being practical. No wishlist or sorting options is fucking stupid.

graywolf323

Gold Member
A shame. The redesigned store and app cares more about being pretty than being practical. No wishlist or sorting options is fucking stupid.
they've actually added wishlists again but it doesn't carry over your old one, it does share it between the PS5 and web store now though which is nice

Last edited:

Rayderism

Was using that trick since they went to that new horrid PSN setup. Sucks that it's gone now.

We need to scream at Sony to make PSN actually useful again. Pics and vids for the games, sorting options, find DLC by newly released, the sort of stuff that's currently missing will only hurt their bottom line, even if it's not blatantly obvious to them.

Oh, and Firefox says images on PSN are not secure. Didn't have that issue with the old PSN.

Last edited:

Xeaker

This does not work anymore?
Is there no way to browse PS3 store on PC?
I wanted to buy SMT Nocturne on PS3 because the PS4 HD Remaster is crap.

SScorpio

This does not work anymore?
Is there no way to browse PS3 store on PC?
I wanted to buy SMT Nocturne on PS3 because the PS4 HD Remaster is crap.
Don't Necro old posts. Read the first post that at the top says it no longer works as of March 2021.

Just add funds to your PSN account from the current web store via PayPal or a gift card. Then buy it on the PS3's store

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Sony is really serious about believing in generations by killing off the previous ones.

I really don't get what the problem was with having these options still.

Sure you couldn't buy the old hardware anymore, but it really kills the possibilities of, or at least makes it more difficult to some day opening up for BC

Xeaker

Don't Necro old posts. Read the first post that at the top says it no longer works as of March 2021.

Just add funds to your PSN account from the current web store via PayPal or a gift card. Then buy it on the PS3's store
Thanks, it worked.

Top Bottom