• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You get to have dinner with one famous person, living or dead. Who do you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The famous hypothetical!

You are afforded the rare opportunity to sit down and share a three course dinner with any famous individual of your choice, whether living or dead. No doubt this will be a valuable chance for you to pick their brain as well as granting you the opportunity to get to know that person on a personal level and find out a bit more about them. Do you pick someone you happen to admire? Or perhaps a historical figure you've always wanted to meet in the flesh? The world's your oyster!

dinner-for-two.jpg

Three simple rules:

1) You can choose to have the dinner with only one individual from the past or present. No hypothetical future selections, ie. "The scientist who finally cures Cancer!".
2) You will not have to worry about any potential language barrier between yourself and this person, regardless of whatever languages you both happen to speak.
3) You cannot select someone you know (or once knew) at a personal level. This includes boyfriends/girlfriends, family members or friends in general, whether living or dead.

So who do you pick?

Personally, I'd think I'd have to go with Jesus Christ. I'm not a particularly religious person by any stretch of the imagination, but considering that almost all historical scholars agree the guy actually existed, I'd be really interested in getting to know an individual who's teachings have perhaps had more influence on the world than any other individual. Plus, with any luck we wouldn't have to bother with a wine list either.

stolin

.. and I'd hope we'd be sitting a table over from OP, small chat comedy & deeper world issues all in one.

george-carlin.jpg

JC is the obvious pick. I think even the most convinced atheist would be interested in talking with him.

Chris Rock would be my choice for people currently alive. That would be an awesome dinner (though in reality I'd probably be disappointed like any starstruck fan)

facelike

James Jamerson, legendary Motown Bass player.

I'd want to hear the real stories behind the songs and learn more of the band from the guy whos one instrument made the songs legendary.

KorrZ

837022b3d9ba8c0664db08d3ab4f16e15a73a683.jpg

Julius Caesar, one of the most interesting people of history.

I would love to hear the story from his perspective and really try and get a sense of his true motivations and I'd be curious to hear of what he thought of the way Rome changed after his death. Would he have been proud or horrified that another 30 years of brutal civil war was carried out in his name by Octavian after his death?

liquidtmd

Banned
hqdefault.jpg

Kenneth Williams of Carry On film fame. I say this having read his autobiography.

Amazingly clever, funny guy typecast in bawdy british comedies. Some of his interviews are fantastic watches. Would love a night on the beer and dinner putting the world to rights

Skytylz

Banned
837022b3d9ba8c0664db08d3ab4f16e15a73a683.jpg

Julius Caesar, one of the most interesting people of history.

I would love to hear the story from his perspective and really try and get a sense of his true motivations and I'd be curious to hear of what he thought of the way Rome changed after his death. Would he have been proud or horrified that another 30 years of brutal civil war was carried out in his name by Octavian after his death?

This is my answer as well. It would be extremely interesting to talk to him. Herodotus would be cool as well. Someone from ancient times would be far more interesting than anyone from recent history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom