• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You guys ever buy something you don't wanna touch?

I have a Solaire amiibo in a cupboard, the only amiibo I own. It was something I just wanted to have as a Souls-fan and didn't feel the need to take out and liked having it in the "box".

Breakage

My 2011 MBP. I've barely used it. It looks and feels as if it has just come off the production line – despite being eight years old.

yes i have a tendency to want to keep things in pristine new condition. its a curse actually. I think it prevents me from actually enjoying things.

Last edited:

Dark Star

new clothes / shoes

i try to save them for special occasions, but they just end up getting used whenever the mood strikes

I don't think "saving" stuff is a good habit, life is short, enjoy what you got while you have it.

Kadayi

Banned
If you were a vampire, would you be...Count Cuckula? :messenger_beaming:

tumblr_lzank1PTFr1qaa97co1_400.gif

giphy.gif

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I bought a bunch of 80s Japanese vinyl records after Christmas. Played them once but otherwise I’m keeping them in pristine condition. If I ever need to listen I have mp3s heck they are on YouTube even

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I sank a litre of Jack on Sat night... I bought more today. That shit can stay in the cupboard out of my life until I quit shaking like a rat in a bag.
I’ve found Jack Daniels is particularly bad for hangovers for me. Only takes a little bit. I’m usually great at avoiding hangovers but I always get one if I drink that. I have a mostly full bottle of it sitting in my freezer for weeks.

Mochilador

I bought a sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Color. I guess that counts.
I just remembered I have a copy of Medal of Honor too that I won't be touching. And Shenmue 1 and 2 for the Dreamcast.
Shit, there's a lot more.

Last edited:

Doom85

A Stan Lee POP figure signed by the man himself. Put in a POP protective case and never going to take it out.

BunzLee

I keep the occasional merch sealed up for a while, before I end up saying "screw it" and put it on display. The only thing I have ever kept sealed and in pristine condition is a hand drawn cover of the Flash by Lee Townsend. It's not even that rare or special, but he was involved in creating the World of Warcraft comics, so I care a lot about having something from someone that was involved.

lil puff

I'm not quite that bad, but I do tend to leave the protective stickers on equipment.

Actually new shoes is a good answer. I find myself walking differently and paying more attention to each step.

A new monitor/TV. I hate when people come over and actually put their fingers to point out something. It's not a button, idiot. And I'm not stupid, I can see.

Or things that are meant to be decorative in the home. Like don't mess up my curtains or move things around the bookcase. I set that shit up the way I wanted it. For display only.

Last edited:

appaws

Banned
I have an Adventure Comics #247 that I have never taken out of the bag, that is the first appearance of the Legion of Super Heroes. I have read reprints and collections a million times.

Weilthain

Banned
I didn't want to open an amiibo for no good reason since I'm never selling my collection and couldn't actually care less that they are in the box. Something just made me want to keep pixel Link unopened. Trying to explain that to a 5 year old made me feel like a complete pathetic loser, so of course it got opened.

Top Bottom