• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You have been selected to join the exclusive Bloodborne™ Alpha Test

Replicant

I tried logging into that site using my US account and it didn't work. Only after using my EU account that it works.

It's weird reading people here saying they could use their US account because I sure can't. I figure it must be linked to the EU database.

The website kicked me out when I entered a wrong password but then, I was able to successfully log in with my correct password.
It's not a scam people, stop stressing out.

JimPanzer

I tried logging into that site using my US account and it didn't work. Only after using my EU account that it works.

It's weird reading people here saying they could use their US account because I sure can't. I figure it must be linked to the EU database.

try again, it worked for me the second time

zewone

wait, yeah this totally looks like a pishing scam

change your passwords right after to be safe peeps.

It's not a scam at all. I had to make a UK account and it wouldn't even let me finish signing up without finishing registration, which a phishing site would not care about.

Storm360

It doesn't go by your trophies.

I have all 3 versions of Demon's Souls sitting at 0% due to using a alt to play them, DkS 2 at 0% due to the backlog and DkS 1 at 2% or something stupid due to playing it on PC instead

Maybe its because all 5 are simply played on my trophy list, but I doubt it

BibiMaghoo

I am 100% convinced this is linked to the DS2 beta signup. That is the only time I have ever used the PSBeta site, and I got a code from that.

For clarity, I finished Demons and Dark 1, but 100% neither. I have never played DS2. UK resident.

Man, congratulations to those who got in. I used to get invited to seemingly every alpha or beta Sony had, their rewards programs, what have you, but I seem to have been forsaken this gen. No DriveClub, no Bloodborne... Gotta wonder what I did to get off "the list."

majik13

doesnt seem possible to complete the form on mobile. I select yes I agree to the terms but nothing happens and there are no other buttons.

oti

Banned
It doesn't go by your trophies.

I have all 3 versions of Demon's Souls sitting at 0% due to using a alt to play them, DkS 2 at 0% due to the backlog and DkS 1 at 2% or something stupid due to playing it on PC instead

Maybe its because all 5 are simply played on my trophy list, but I doubt it

No. Never touched Dark Souls 1 or 2 and got the email too. It really seems to be random.

Auctopus

Care to share your alpha code via PM if you haven't already? THANK YOU!

Nobody has Alpha codes yet, it's just to garner interest. After signing in, you're told you'll be contacted if you're successful. Now the link's been shared here, it's less likely that the people who received the email will be.

NekoFever

or you can chill out and err on the side of caution.

There's erring on the side of caution and there's paranoia. It's an email from Sony's mailing list linking to Sony's website. In what world does it "totally look like a phishing scam"?

And now we have people fretting about changing their passwords because people are saying it's a scam, hence me telling you to stop spreading FUD.

oti

Banned
Never played Dark Souls 1.
Never played Dark Souls 2.
There was a Dark Souls 2 Beta?
Played an hour of Demon's Souls.

Got an email. It's random.

Audioboxer

Nobody has Alpha codes yet, it's just to garner interest. After signing in, you're told you'll be contacted if you're successful. Now the link's been shared here, it's less likely that the people who received the email will be.

If Sony aren't stupid they'll know that would happen and either

a) Cross check with people they emailed
b) If it's not too many people all in, just let everyone in for a proper stress test

The only thing I think might not fly is US accounts signing up when it's an EU beta. I know it lets you do it, but I don't think they'll give out codes to US accounts. The US will probably have its own stress test later.

Or we can all just go fucking crazy waiting for someone to get the first alpha redemption code!!!

Mogwai

I got this! Was it 'cause I've platinumed past Souls games?

Probably not.

I have Demon's and Dark Souls 2 account only. Neither of them are platinum'd. I have 40hrs of Demon's and 100+ hrs in Dark Souls 2. No idea if playtime is a metric for the selection. Could be.

Hedrush

yeah im on iphone, I have a feeling the bottom banner is covering some buttons. Ill be at work shortly so not a big deal

Yup that's what it looks like. Every other page the bottom banner is fine too. But yeah it works on iPad but not iPhone.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
There's erring on the side of caution and there's paranoia. It's an email from Sony's mailing list linking to Sony's website. In what world does it "totally look like a phishing scam"?

And now we have people fretting about changing their passwords because people are saying it's a scam, hence me telling you to stop spreading FUD.

it was an assumption based on how the the invites looked. and people changing their passwords regularly for an account that's tied to their credit card information on a service that's been hacked before? oh the humanity!

Top Bottom