• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You jump into a random online match by yourself, what kind of gamer are you?

What kind of online gamer are you?

• Silent lone wolf. Don't bug me. Win, lose, I do my own thing!

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Howling lone wolf. I'll be on mic chatting, but get out of my way. Rambo time!

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Silent team player. I know what I'm doing to help us win, but you don't need to hear me!

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • A team member speaks! I'm here to shoot the shit and work as a team

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

MrS

Banned

Silent team player. I know what I'm doing to help us win, but you don't need to hear me!

Naked Lunch

Silent Team Player here.
Im trying to win dammit.
I used to play Halo with friends but they all got bodied so hard and for so long that they quit for good.
Maybe theyll be back for Infinite...

McCheese

Not sure why, but back in the old Xbox live days I would always chat with my internet friends in games, had clans and all sorts.

But now... I just mute myself and crack on with it, the larger playerbase these days had taken something away from the old "you had to make friends to just get into a full game" days, maybe it's systems no longer coming with mics.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Silent team player. It's not that you don't need to hear me but you don't need all the crap going on in the background.

Codes 208

I’ll play games like halo and cod while muted (or in a party chat with friends)

The early Years of Xbox 360 prepubescent toddlers, racists and load background noises ruined any kind of interest in me chatting with teammates.

Last edited:
As a randy I start silent unless people are chatting and nice or want to say hello. Asshats demanding...you got a mic, fuckin' chat bruh and all that I don't bother responding. A funny or friendly randy and I'll jump on the mic or team up or if big plays start to happen. Given the masses aspect of randies in games like Apex it's exhausting to chat within every game/round. There's plenty of friends to be made but generally those actually focused on the game and team play is the 10-20% of games/teams you match with when going solo.

I prefer to play with my mates these days, in which case it's chat and play. Honestly this is one area I find Xbox/UI and overall hardware quality brilliant. Abilities like adjusting volumes of each chat member individually, move the overlay, balance game vs voice chat and all while mixing mates across differing games or PC to Xbox or mobile app and it's damn high quality too. There's an awesome LFG system, open chat or party chat and games these days have very evolved ping systems so you can chat and have game focus too. Pretty incredible this gen and last gen experience really.

TheMan

Not sure why, but back in the old Xbox live days I would always chat with my internet friends in games, had clans and all sorts.

But now... I just mute myself and crack on with it, the larger playerbase these days had taken something away from the old "you had to make friends to just get into a full game" days, maybe it's systems no longer coming with mics.
Same here man. Maybe it was the novelty of being able to talk ingame back then?
I didn't have any bad experiences or anything, but I just don't like to talk anymore.

Top Bottom