• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You should enable 2 factor authentication on websites such as Google and PayPal

c91dd793vtxz.png

Something like this could happen. What other websites should you enable 2 factor and change passwords?

Blam

Google, Era, Apple, Bank, PayPal, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.

Put it on literally everything.

Zog

Banned
I didn't either. I had to google how to set it up because its buried in their settings for some reason.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Not sure why you wouldn't share the steps but I will.

Log into your PayPal Account, got to settings and then to the Security tab. Now go to Security Key.

Paypal said:
Security key
Set up a PayPal Security Key by entering a one-time pin that's unique for each login. This gives you a second authentication factor whenever you log in to your account. That's fancy talk for a super secure account!

Google, Era, Apple, Bank, PayPal, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.

Put it on literally everything.
This is what I do and for anything important I'm starting to create whole new email accounts that I only use for that one thing.

And I'm starting to think of getting a separate computer to only use for business things.

MultiCore

This is what I do and for anything important I'm starting to create whole new email accounts that I only use for that one thing.

And I'm starting to think of getting a separate computer to only use for business things.
You should consider a VM before doing that. Much better use of your resources.

You could run Linux in it for free. But don't assume Linux itself is the answer for security.

You should consider a VM before doing that. Much better use of your resources.

You could run Linux in it for free. But don't assume Linux itself is the answer for security.
My neckbeard is nowhere near long enough to understand anything you just said there.

But I will research it.

g11

Anything that touches my bank account or is valuable in it's own right (PSN, XBL, Steam) has 2FA and of course my Gmail so no one can fuck around and change my passwords.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Paypal allows those sorts of transactions for a normal user of their services without locking down the account?

My bank texts me and immediately calls me the first time they see something out of the ordinary and if I don't respond quickly they lock the account.

Wait, PayPal support software tokens now? Thank god. It was annoying having to get sent the SMS any time I logged into it ever.

EDIT: well, it was dumb and you have to use the Symantec key, but it's done.

Top Bottom