• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You want Octopath traveler on PC ? Its 59.99€/59.99$...

What a joke...

30-40€/$, ok but because of the temporary exclusivity 59.99€/$ is not acceptable... It's a joke...

It is also a good idea not to sell a lot ...

And of course, you have Denuvo with it...

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I still don't understand why Nintendo even sells their games for $60. I loved the battle system in this game and thats it!
Definitely not worth $50 let alone $60....

When accounting for inflation it's actually just about 50% of what games cost in the snes era. They have no in-game store to help monetize the title so they driving up the cost maybe.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I still don't understand why Nintendo even sells their games for $60. I loved the battle system in this game and thats it!
Definitely not worth $50 let alone $60....
Because have such much quality will say the Nintendo fans But is a strategy of Marketing... ( Thanks a lot Nintendo Fans for not waiting for a lower price)

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Because have such much quality will say the Nintendi fans But is a strategy of Marketing... ( Thanks a lot Nintendo Fans for bot waiting for a lower price.
Yes they have quality games and I enjoy lots of Nintendo games but still doesn't justify the price tag

Celcius

°Temp. member
Oof, I didn’t expect to pay that much. I still plan to be there day one though as there’s not much else releasing this summer that I’m interested in.

Last edited:
Day 1 Buyers:

1400286930542.gif

ROMhack

Are they releasing the demo too? If so I'd seriously give it a go before you commit to buying. Reactions were very split.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
It's my favorite Switch game and one of my favorites over the last several years. Easily worth $60. Why wouldn't it be?

It won't bother me if PC owners don't buy it. I'd personally prefer SquareEnix continue focusing more on Switch anyway.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
with how undemanding this game is, what benefit would one find owning it on PC over Switch? I dont recall any performance issues on Switch

Fbh

Feels a bit steep. But it's probably going to go on sale way faster and more frequently than on Switch

with how undemanding this game is, what benefit would one find owning it on PC over Switch? I dont recall any performance issues on Switch

Not everyone has a Switch.
And I guess maybe someone might make some mods or something.

PhoenixTank

That is price parity with the Switch eshop in the UK, but physical carts are ~£10 cheaper 🤔
Some sort of reverse Switch Tax?

Edit: Seems to be a lot of shenanigans going on with regional pricing for other countries.

Last edited:

dottme

That the same square-Enix which release Tomb Raider one year later and they try to sell it full price. 😎

lachesis

Looks like a beautiful game - but sadly I rarely buy anything on Steam at full price. For me Steam is to buy games at 5.99 or under in 2 yrs after its release!
(waiting on some of the Falcom games to hit that price)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Neat. I'll buy it in 3 or 4 years when the price has come down and it gets a decent Steam sale. It's not as if I live in a vacuum where no other games exist I could be playing in the meantime.

Senhua

What a joke...

30-40€/$, ok but because of the temporary exclusivity 59.99€/$ is not acceptable... It's a joke...

It is also a good idea not to sell a lot ...

And of course, you have Denuvo with it...
Why people still want to buy the "sit on the front of monitor to play 100 hours RPG" version rather than the mobile one is boggling me

Graciaus

Are switch games $60? Honest question I remember 3ds games being $40 with the occasional $50.

It'll probably have a sale on 3rd party sites bringing it down to $46.

thief183

This game deserve all these money without any doubt.

There is people who buys games at 59.99 and they last for like 15 to 20 hours.

I will double dip. At full price. Come at me.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Man what is with the pricing of games atm? This is crazy for a pc release. This is almost as bad as square charging full price for FFXII. Stupid.

MagnesG

Banned
Hopefully they will change the regional price soon, and hopefully fans can appreciate what the title has to offer and are willing to pay for the said price it worth.

Solarstrike

Although the graphics are unique, i just couldn't bare to fight enemies every 5 feet. With that repetitive music, my mind began to implode. I don't think this will do that great on PC, due to the price alone.

MagnesG

Banned
Although the graphics are unique, i just couldn't bare to fight enemies every 5 feet. With that repetitive music, my mind began to implode. I don't think this will do that great on PC, due to the price alone.
They have two battle themes, and at least 4 boss themes. Plus 8 char. theme songs, build up, endings etc.

Fights can also be reduced by certain char. ability.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I am ok with this pricing. I dont have a switch and this is a fairly new game. THis isnt a 10 year old game or something. That being said I wont pay this price, but when it drops to 30 in sales I will grab it for sure, been waiting for this game!

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Not worth it, this game is overrated and nowhere near as good as the classics that it superficially resembles.

It’s just 8 mediocre-to-bad JRPG stories interleaved with each other. No link between them, and ZERO interactions between party members aside from little 1-on-1 skits that happen in some separate universe.

Random battles occur with punishing frequency even when you have the 50% encounter ability. And while the battle system seems fun and unique at first, it grows painfully dull and repetitive by the 10 hour mark.

Don’t be fooled by the demo. I was ENAMORED by the demo. The magic wears off quite quickly. I completely lost interest by the end of all the chapter 1s, and I know many other people who felt the same

MagnesG

Banned
Just some notes.

Levels doesn't mean much in this game, this not a FF grind level to win type of game. Char. build + equipment are far far more important. Always steal/ exploit char. abilities etc.

Random battles should last 1/2 to a minute if done right, which is quite fast (maximize boost/break system). If not, look up guides and master them. Don't play this game is you don't wanna bother with it. It will be boring and long fights if you don't.

Bosses have weaknesses, different from other jrpg's perfect affinity bosses, and recommended levels for them are nothing worth considering. For example, stealing high level equip. early + mastering the mechanism will enable you to tackle bosses 10-20 lvls above you.

NPCs in this game are great, even if there's no continuous main story between heroes. Just act like the 8 heroes poster you see is the time at the end of their journey (where they do fight a final, final boss later together).

Please, any fans of bravely default or any complex jrpg system lovers should consider this game.

jonnyXx

That's $84 CDN...
The last thing I expected was that it would cost MORE on Steam than the Switch version!

Top Bottom