• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Embarassing Videogame Confessions

OrionNebula

Returnal is too fucking hard. Been playing for over ten hours and ive never gotten past the first area. For the record. Ive beaten all the souls borne games and platinumed demons souls and resogun
You know, I’m tempted to say the same thing

I’ve been gaming for like 30-35 years, I’ve finished games like Ghouls and Ghosts/G&G, Zelda 2 multiple times, Souls games, but yet, after 14 fucking hours, I’m still on biome 1 and only came across the first boss 2 1/2 times in total. I just can’t wrap my head around why, too - it’s fucking nonesense

It’s even starting to affect my masculinity, guys 😳😆

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You know, I’m tempted to say the same thing

I’ve been gaming for like 30-35 years, I’ve finished games like Ghouls and Ghosts/G&G, Zelda 2 multiple times, Souls games, but yet, after 14 fucking hours, I’m still on biome 1 and only came across the first boss 2 1/2 times in total. I just can’t wrap my head around why, too - it’s fucking nonesense

It’s even starting to affect my masculinity, guys 😳😆

I think you're more skilled for melee games than shooters, I think. Being good at shooters myself made Returnal kinda easy for me.

SkylineRKR

I don't think I ever beat the first Sonic game. I've seen people do it, and I got reasonably far myself but once I got the Sega I had Sonic 2 already and I liked that one much more.

I bought a Jaguar, and I fucking hated the thing.

OrionNebula

I think you're more skilled for melee games than shooters, I think. Being good at shooters myself made Returnal kinda easy for me.
Strangely enough, a good 75% of the games I enjoy and play most are third person shooters (can’t say how many times I finished RE4 (finished it every single day for an entire year, to put things in perspective), I have like 250+ hours in REmake 2, 150+ in REmake 3, and finished TLOU about 30 times, 200+ hours of Evil Within 1-2, close 100 hours in Vanquish, Control, all Uncharted multiple times, and last melee games I really played was like GoW 2018 at launch)

I swear, I just cannot understand what the fuck I’m doing in Returnal. It’s the weirdest shit to me. Like my kryptonite or something...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I skipped work (school as a teacher) 2 days + weekend to play MGS5 on launch with one run being 51 hours with no sleep, making my base #1 in the world for 2 weeks unintentionally in the process.

maxresdefault.jpg

Got a salary cut penalty afterwards in the same month.
Dayum I am currently running second day without sleep, but I can't imagine playing a game that long, my brain would probably exploded. Even tho, I worked both days, but it's not 51 hours in long string.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Dayum I am currently running second day without sleep, but I can't imagine playing a game that long, my brain would probably exploded. Even tho, I worked both days, but it's not 51 hours in long string.

SP gaming is more relaxing than work, not comparable ;) 12 hours of work, even stationary, = 48 hours of SP gaming.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
The single time in my life and totally out of character I threw a temper tantrum at Game Mania coming to pick up my GTA IV preorder on release date and being told they're already sold out. Tore my preorder ticket in front of everyone and told the clerk he can shove it up his ass and fuck off, convinced they must be sold out everywhere, and I got time off at work for nothing. I bought the game an hour later elsewhere...
When it finally sunk in what just happened I felt way too embarrassed to ever go anywhere close to that place again and I regret I didn't have the balls to eventually go apologize when it still made sense.

Bartski

Gold Member
I skipped work (school as a teacher) 2 days + weekend to play MGS5 on launch with one run being 51 hours with no sleep, making my base #1 in the world for 2 weeks unintentionally in the process.

maxresdefault.jpg

Got a salary cut penalty afterwards in the same month.

I can relate

i remember staying up all night with my cousin and my bro to go and RESERVE and just to rent a asian N64 at a local vdeostore , we took our pedale bike and we pedaled about a hour away at night , we got there around 2am and the videostore was opening at 8am lol , so when it opened we reserved it with a chance of not being able to rent it that same day , so we pedaled back home with hopes that the person that rented it was going to bring it back that same day .

Kataploom

Gold Member
I've never played a Sonic game ever... I tried Generations and got too cringed by the cinematics, but played All-stars Racing transformed and LOVED it, tho it's a spin-off.

Also, I start generations late, not because I want to, but because I have many other priorities, I just started 8th gen last year and some friends just did too so it's fun to talk about games we've played recently even if they are from ages ago.

I also pirated a lot of games on emulators because there was no way I could afford the consoles on high school, but had PC because it was necessary for school homework so my parents saw it as a real investment, if it wasn't for that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bought games of several franchises once I worked and earned my own money.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I moved the camera to look at Sophitia’s panties during replays in Soul Blade every. single. time.

I still haven’t beaten Sword Saint Isshin, nor the Nameless King.

I never play games on Hard, except the very few that I really, really like.

I enjoyed the first Senran Kagura more than a lot of AAA games.

I never beat Ghosts ’n Goblins without savestates.

Despite having played Smash Bros with my friends ever since Melee, I’m still the one who regularly gets his ass kicked royally every time.

I wasn’t interested in anything Sega before Sega exited the hardware market.

Aion002

I use cheat engine (for infinite gold) when I start losing in Civilization games....

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

Fuck the AI! It cheats too much in the deity difficulty.... I am just making things fair.... Right? :messenger_sad_relieved:

amigastar

I wacked off a couple of times to the Lara Croft model on Ps1 back in the days , oh those nice pointy titties and that nice pixelated ass
Hey! back then good material was hard to come by lol
fT2LI49.jpg
I never really understood why her boobies were the way they were. I mean they could have removed some polygons from the environment and spent it into her breasts.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I'm near 2 months without constant play because my 2012 TV broke and I tried to migrate to the bedroom TV but couldn't find enough time inside my son kids shows schedule to play enough.

I really wished to be playing one-two hours per day at least.

Well at least the CX will get home soon.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Returnal is too fucking hard. Been playing for over ten hours and ive never gotten past the first area. For the record. Ive beaten all the souls borne games and platinumed demons souls and resogun
😲
Never beaten a Souls game or even finished any Housemarque game. 😶 Maybe not a game for me after all? 🤔
Is this why there are complaints about the save system?

Last edited:
That’s nothing to be ashamed of. I’ve beaten so many really hard games in my life including the Souls games, Sekiro, the Nioh games, etc and the game is still incredibly difficult and unforgiving.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
In your defense, this can be tough

Sometimes the airship level could be tough at World 8, but it’s really those two or three levels after the beginning that ended me. The level where the Angry Sun chases Mario, then there is a really tough level next with a section of Bullet Bills and Warp Pipes that are hard to navigate through and get past. Then there is another airship I believe. Tried to beat SMB3 for like an entire summer. Forgive me Shigeru, I have failed

Sejan

genesis-barneys-hide-seek-game-screen.png
The first game that I ever beat was Barney’s Hide and Seek. I was entirely too old for the game, but it was so easy that I couldn’t let my younger brother beat a game before I did.

Probably more embarrassing is that my older brother’s friend (5 years older than me) also beat this game just so he could say that he had finally beaten a game.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
genesis-barneys-hide-seek-game-screen.png
The first game that I ever beat was Barney’s Hide and Seek. I was entirely too old for the game, but it was so easy that I couldn’t let my younger brother beat a game before I did.

Probably more embarrassing is that my older brother’s friend (5 years older than me) also beat this game just so he could say that he had finally beaten a game.
how i met your mother barney GIF

KrakenIPA

Gaming is one of the most important things that I do, and my mom still doesn't understand why I do what I do to escape this thing we call 'real life'. She is the <most> important thing to me, but I am ashamed to play games around her, or any oldster that can never understand what it means to do what I do (I'm 40ish and play Apex and she's almost 68).

I dont find this embarrassing at all. I think they stand alone as single player only games!

Yeah they have solid campaigns. Still it used to feel incomplete without online.

I was in "paying for online is for loosers" camp in PS3/x360 era. Not relevant anymore.

I am just beginning with Halo 5. Will play multi after campaign.

Esca

I can't tell you the amount of games I bought and never played and even sold some. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I've been trying really hard to only buy a game when I'll play it now instead of buying for abacklog

SinDelta

Never beaten a Souls or soul like game. Combat, mechanics are just beyond me even though I love just everything else about them like the lore, atmosphere, armor and gear. I can only die so many times before deciding I would rather be playing something less likely to give me a stroke.

Have trouble playing long RPGs. Misable items in Final Fantasy XII, Tales of Symphonia are bad enough. Witcher 1 was fine, but I have not been able to play through Witcher 3 due to not wanting choices to screw me over towards the end of a gigantic game.

This indecision can extend to the huge amount of side quests in something like in Xenoblade Chronicles, Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Then you have games like Dragons Dogma where entire sections of the game can be missed if you overlook something.

Hate being locked out of content or story. I also despise not being to respec and experiment with abilites/builds at will.

I tend to spoil endings for myself so I am not disappointed after going through Mass Effect 3. Good spoilers actually grab my interest in certain titles (like the Xenoblade series for example). Knowing about terrible/stupid as fuck spoilers or endings spare me the trouble of playing the game only to encounter them.

Last edited:

balt1kr1s

Have collector’s editions of all soulsborne games developed by From Software, got platinum trophies in some of them but never managed to kill one of the bosses in Dark Souls 3 DLC 🙈

Never finished any of the Final Fantasy games before FFVII remake (which is the only one so far haha)

I’m 32 and enjoy Minecraft Dungeons lol

I tried to convince my friends that the "Starry Night" trailer for Halo 3 was what the game was actually going to look like.

Game didn't look bad, but I sometimes still feel embarrassed for ever thinking that.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I have gaming ADHD and even though I like a lot of games that are Indies the difficulty spikes put me off. I dont have much free time to get good nowadays so it’s easy mode. If I get to the end credits. That’s it job done. I’m not really into 100%’ing games. A lot of times I buy games and then play them a few hours and then want to get another game.

Codes 208

I have beaten every possible boss in dark souls through bloodborne and to this day I still die to fucking dogs. They’re the worst littles shits ESPECIALLY IN 3 when they can fucking teleport

fart town usa

Gold Member
For whatever reason, I was FUCKING HYPED for 40 Winks on the PSX. I think I was in 8th grade. It's been a running joke between my buddy and I ever since. I mean, I knew it was ridiculous to be hyped on it but for whatever reason I was just drawn to that game, lol. Bought it full price and beat it super quick. Wasn't anything special. Played a bit of it last year, first time since then and it has a certain charm but is kind of hard to play these days.

40_Winks_cover_art.jpg

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I once lost a race in Star Wars: Episode I Podracing and threw an N64 controller (with rumble pak) at my friend's head. Like full on spike.

My friend (another friend, clearly) and I used to use a GameShark to swap sound effects and models in Perfect Dark and have hours long matches against Meat Sims using rocket launchers that shot toilets and made a "You bitch!" Sound instead of an explosion noise. Despite this ingenuity, I've never finished the campaign.

I've only played one Souls game, and it was OG Demons Souls. Never got out of 1-1 Boleteria.

My friend and I once got into a love triangle with another player named Tifa in Tibia.

I lost the love triangle. Their characters got married in game.

Tifa ended up being a man who was trying to steal our gold, or whatever.

I use to play Tibia.

Exanthus

Banned
I took 2 weeks off to play Halo Reach, finished the campaign in 7 hours and got cock blocked when bungie had a 'limit' on how much credits you could buy to get armour as well as the highest rank available at the time. I hit the limit within a few days.

Top Bottom