• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite music from snowy levels or snowy regions in games?

mortal

Gold Member
For whatever reason, snowy/ icey levels or regions in games seem to feature some of my favorite tracks in the entire games I play.

Ape Escape is one of my favorite games, and a good deal of that is due to the amazing soundtrack composed by Soichi Terada.
The "New Freezeland" level features wonderful BGM, here are two of my favorites:

Snowy Mammoth really evokes the determined feeling in braving a harsh environment.
Not to mention this level was fairly big for a PS1 game, so it really felt like being on an adventure as a kid.

Hot Springs captures a very Japanese tone. Maybe something reminiscent of the Hokkaido prefecture during feudal Japan. Very whimsical.

Another one of my favorites is the theme for Frostman's stage from Megaman 8. Likely the stage I've replayed the most thanks to the music.

What are some of your favorites?

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
The ice themed region in Brave Fencer Musashi features tracks with a motif culminating in the boss fight.
The entire soundtrack captured the call to adventure. Tsuyoshi Sekito is a wonderful composer, imo.

tillbot8

Banned
SNOW BARREL BLAST! The unofficial final boss in that game with an eerie timeless number to boot!

Edit: oh and the music for World 6 in Super Mario Bros 3 is awesome too!

Last edited:
Glad to see some Earthbound representation in this thread already, but Snowman definitely deserves a mention too. It's my go-to winter track, and Brawl's rendition is perfection

Original

Brawl

Kumomeme

Ishgard city theme in FFXIV is amazing
there is different variation for day and night.

Coerthas western highland theme also has different variation of night and day.

Last edited:

Type_Raver

I might be repeating some of the options, but here are 3 that instantly come to mind:

DKC: Northern Hemespheres

Snowy regions of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Ill offer you familiar yet slightly different version of Phendrana Drifts - Metroid Pinball

Last edited:
Top Bottom