• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite non-retro Mario Kart 8 [Deluxe] tracks?

jholmes

Definitely Mount Wario. It almost feels like cheating to pick it.

If I'm not allowed to pick Mount Wario, definitely Sunshine Airport. Beautiful-looking stage, really tight track, punishing at points but it rewards good play. Nice environment for a kart racer too, racing in an airport and on the tarmac.

Mohasus

My top 3 in no particular order:

Toad Harbor
Sunshine Airport
Rainbow Road

And I hate most of the DLC tracks, except for the F-Zero ones and Wild Woods.

Wiped89

Animal Crossing is my favourite track. I love the different seasons and I also love the beautiful piano music at the finish.

+1 for Mount Wario:

- Epic intro (from a plane!)
- Amazing track that does NOT "repeat" (each lap is different)
- Closed off track that leads to that cool "break and turn around" maneuver at the end of the race
- Nice variety of scenery (slopes, woodsy area, etc)
- And the crowning achievement... Somehow, by some fucking magic/voodoo, this track has the absolute best tune in a game full of amazing tunes (my favorite soundtrack of this generation, by far)... Awesome brass arrangement punctuated by the even more awesome violin/fiddle that plays throughout. Truly the perfect tune.

weekev

Banned
Gonna have to go Mount Wario just for the way it's so different in each section and builds to the most incredible blue shell rickety climax in Mario Kart history. You get hit by a blue shell on that last straight and it's first to last in no time. Hilarious, beautiful, well crafted track.

Honourable mention to Hyrule circuit.

Falchion

Mount Wario might be my favorite track in any Mario Kart game. I love the longer ones like that which never repeat.

Dyle

The only courses in Mario Kart 8 that can't hang with the best in the series are the first three, Mario Kart Stadium, Water Park, and Sweet Sweet Canyon. For my money all of the other original courses are on par with or better than the best courses in the entire rest of the series.

compo

Banned
Super Bell Subway, because it's shaped like my favorite track in other racing games. I like all the long U-turns.

Super Bell Subway:
200px-MK8_Super_Bell_Subway_Map.png

Rio:
250px-Jacarepagu%C3%A1.svg.png

I'm going to go with Mount Wario. Playing through that for the first time left me in awe. One straight track from the top to the bottom of the mountain, with the music getting more intense as you race down.

Electrodrome is my second choice. You're literally driving through a rave.

Top Bottom