• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite video game and why you like it... in ONE sentence.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Skyrim, the most immersive game I've experienced.

b-but I like long posts...

I like Alan Wake, it's got a superb story with a great main character.
Prey is still the best FPS I've ever played, real neat game.
Kingdom Hearts may be overly cheesy and retarded as all shit, but that doesn't stop it from playing well, and telling a swell story.
Shadow of the Colossus bLEW MY MIND
The Last of Us is post-apocalyptic :lollipop_blowing_kiss:
So is STALKER .

GHG

Currently (not of all time) Wolcen lords of mayhem.

My new obsession.

FlightOfGaavanir.width-800.gif

Wrath3.width-800.gif

InfinityBlade.width-800.gif

Juggernaut.width-800.gif

SolarfallPubli.width-800.gif

Deathgazer.width-800.gif

Pejo

Currently (not of all time) Wolcen lords of mayhem.

My new obsession.

Wrath3.width-800.gif

Kratos Combo is a skill in this game? Interesting.

On topic:

Symphony of the Night is the most re-playable metroidvania ever created.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
RQfPvVWNomAvYJk-800x450-noPad.jpg

If you have a console in the last 10 years you've probably met this game, COD4 prides it self on it's campaign but there's plenty of time to be had in the perfect multiplayer.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
PHANTOM-MUTHAFUCKIN-DUST

It is a concept that no one has yet to truly reproduce. I've said this in many many posts...pretty much every chance I get.

The game combines, pvp, deck building, arena fighting, 2 v 2 and asymmetric combat...all wrapped up in a post apocalyptic, cyberpunk stylistic with a very anime-esque storyline that movies like Interstellar has borrowed from all while using psychic powers in a multitude of forms as your weapons.

It requires, creative ingenuity, cat like reflexes, situational awareness, teamwork, the ability to adapt on the fly, to sacrifice for the win. It is literally the most competitive game I've ever played. It requires me to use damn near all of the skills I've honed from different games. The fight is different everytime because people always come up with new deck ideas. Your skills come out in random order, like a deck builder which means you have to adapt on the fly and make split second decisions.

Just short of a wall of text. Got Damnit for the love of all that is fuckable play this damn game Yukio Futatsugi is a got damn genius.

Last edited:

sdrawkcab

Banned
I want to give a shout-out to Sleeping Dogs as well. I love its open world Hong Kong setting and the melee combat is really fun and addicting.
It's definitely up there.

This is really hard for me; so many games have made a huge impact on my youth. Tekken 3, GTA: Vice City, Need For Speed, Cyberia 2 (old PC game), Heretic (another old PC classic), BUG (another old PC classic), Pitfall (another old PC classic)...

But, if I had to give the title to one game... I'd give it to the first Max Payne...or maybe Max Payne 2. Fuck! I dunno... I can't pick.

And then, there's Halo. The first FPS I enjoyed after all the great FPS games in the mid and late 90s.

Okay, it's Max Payne 2. But Max Payne 1 was soooooo good too. Arghhhh!

Last edited:
Top Bottom