• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite video game and why you like it... in ONE sentence.

brian0057

Banned
Thief Gold - A darkly intelligent game for darkly intelligent people.

i-see-youre-a-man-of-culture-as-well-feat-1-620x350.jpg

I'm more of a Thief II guy myself.

It's hard to pick one. I love different games for different reasons. So I'm cheating and listing three (four) games.

Halo Combat Evolved: it added precision to console shooters without relying on ADS, and the simple sandbox settings and mechanics made it a blast to play against other people or while playing solo.

World of Warcraft: I could just say loot and be done with the reasoning, but it was beautifully made and the depth of the game is simply staggering.

Ocarina of Time/Mario 64: they mastered my favorite part of gaming, to explore and solve puzzles, and brought those qualities to GOAT levels.

Last edited:
Love that shining force 2 town music as well

I love shining force II. It was the first rpg that I played that didn't have random encounters. The number of characters you could add to your party and mix and match was amazing and
I really enjoyed the board based combat. It's so much deeper than the traditional "level your character enough so that you can trade attacks until you win" mechanics you see in most rpg's. Yawn!

lachesis

Y's series - because Adol saves the world, steal the hearts of all the girls, sells off all his legendary weapons and walks away to a new adventure.

PHANTOM-MUTHAFUCKIN-DUST

It is a concept that no one has yet to truly reproduce. I've said this in many many posts...pretty much every chance I get.

The game combines, pvp, deck building, arena fighting, 2 v 2 and asymmetric combat...all wrapped up in a post apocalyptic, cyberpunk stylistic with a very anime-esque storyline that movies like Interstellar has borrowed from all while using psychic powers in a multitude of forms as your weapons.

It requires, creative ingenuity, cat like reflexes, situational awareness, teamwork, the ability to adapt on the fly, to sacrifice for the win. It is literally the most competitive game I've ever played. It requires me to use damn near all of the skills I've honed from different games. The fight is different everytime because people always come up with new deck ideas. Your skills come out in random order, like a deck builder which means you have to adapt on the fly and make split second decisions.

Just short of a wall of text. Got Damnit for the love of all that is fuckable play this damn game Yukio Futatsugi is a got damn genius.
He literally asked for just one sentence, dude.

Woodchipper

MGS2 because pretty much everything about it, from soundtrack and visuals to story and gameplay. is still amazing, almost 20 years after it was released.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Ether Destiny or The Division cause I like fps games and collecting loot.

DonF

Right now it's apex, Titanfall 2 made battle Royale without the Titans :(

All time, frogs kicking ass with their huge limbs. Battletoads.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Forza Horizon 4 is both the most relaxing and exciting racing game I have ever played and there is always something to do and see.

Aion002

From Software games.

From Armored Core to Kuon, from Demons Souls to Sekiro... They make my favorite games.

Also Kojima games... Never played a bad game from him.

No way I am gonna pick a single game.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have two because I can.
Kingdom Come Deliverance: The best combat in gaming combined with characters I adore.
Disco Elysium: A world that drew me in and wouldn't let go.

DelireMan7

Never a world, NPCs, atmosphere, lore and gameplay had touch my soul as strong as Dark Souls did...

(Seriously, no other game have come close to it with the exception of Bloodborne which is almost as good)

Nymphae

Banned
Tetris because I think it's a perfect game design that is simple enough to be playable by anyone with basically no instruction, yet complex and addicting enough to be played for hours on end.

Top Bottom