• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite video game and why you like it... in ONE sentence.

memphisba

fave game used to be COD: Zombies but now I have difficulties in finding DLC map players online.

so my next fave game is : MWH: Base game. Excellent game for a 30 mins hunts and quick flare help online. Now i see why are fans raving about it. It is really a game a class of its own even though it it just repetitive game.

Street Fighter V.
The game play keeps my brain occupied and the T&A mods do the same with my eyes.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Rac3r

Grand Theft Auto IV. I know most would say San Andreas or maybe even GTA V; but the gritty 90's New York atmosphere, fleshed out characters and story of GTA IV raised the bar for me, and was probably the most memorable gaming experience I've ever had.

MarlboroRed

Most enjoyable? Probably Mount and Blade: Warband, the skill ceiling is high and the satisfaction that you get from i.e. chucking a javelin into some horseriders face heading straight for you or beating a better player in a fair duel never failed to amaze me. I spend a good couple hundred hours doing just that, for some reason it just scratched that particular itch. Never bothered much with the singleplayer cRPG, but there is incredible value there as well.

Close second would be Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm. 32 people coordinating and yelling like madmen before banzai charging into machine gun fire and flamethrowers is simply one of those things you have to experience in gaming.

Most meaningful? Final Fantasy XIV, for all the great people it introduced into my life and the profound effect they had on it. I would not be where I am today had I not decided to pick it up on a whim and give it a chance. Sadly, life changes and these days I don't have the time to sink dozens of hours into an MMO anymore, but I still keep in touch with the people I met there. Here's hoping I get around to playing Shadowbringers sometime later this year, I hear its fantastic!

intbal

rGtZ3X1.jpg

Because no amount of adult struggles can ever diminish the joy that Pool of Radiance brought to my childhood.

Shadow of the collosus: "Questioning whether games are art isn’t an issue of whether the visuals are pretty or not, but whether the game is able to inspire an emotional response from you – and ideally something other than just anger, which this game manages with such effortless sleight of hand it seems almost literally magical."

Last edited:
Planescape: Torment. The story, the characters, the environments and the soundtrack all melt together into one cohesive brilliance that is both incredibly tragic and incredibly appealing to my individuality.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. I absolutely love the remarkably unique premise of an alternative reality in which Chernobyl caused the emergence of a supernatural 'pocket' containing a world designed to be your enemy.

Heroes of Might & Magic III: Complete Edition. The game is very easy to get into and once you do get into it, you will notice the seemingly endless amount of layers of depth that you organically peel off one at a time.

Airola

La-Mulana 1 & 2
In these action-adventure-platformers you will get the ultimate archaeological experience where you have to carefully examine and understand everything in the environments and in the texts you will encounter to stay alive and to understand the deep lore and solve the ultimate mystery of life, with close to zero handholding.

Closer

Yoshi's Island

It shows how a kid is stupid, bad at drawing, has no attention span, is hyperactive, doesn't know how to tell stories properly, and how all of that together is so beautiful and one hell of a ride.

SSfox

It's pretty much impossible to name just one game, and it's even harder considering how many genre there are in this amazing media, but if i have to pick just one game, it would be without the doubt MGS1:

- Revolutionary AF on its time, with incredible atmosphere
- Best Bosses on any video game ever
- One of the best story on any game, and my personal favorite of all.
- Easily one of the best, if not best, main character of any game, Aka the one of only legendary Solid Snake.

And i can keep going like this all day, but gotta stop at some point, right.

lem0n

GTA: San Andreas, because it was the perfect blend of perfect things at the perfect time in my life.

molasar

Banned
Killer Instinct (Arcade 1994) - It was so much impressive in 1994 like Terminator 2: Judgment Day was in 1991.

Catphish

Rocket League

No game compresses so many aspects of gaming; communication, teamwork, reflexes, skill, visual & audio flare, elation, infuriation... into 5 minutes.

Bonus sentence: Now if only they'd add more to the game than gimmick modes, cosmetics and micro-transaction schemes.

Final Fantasy VI

It was the first real RPG I ever played and I don't think I've ever completely lost myself in another RPG since it released, the limitations of the systems at the time and the absence of voice acting meant I really had to fill in a lot with my imagination.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Mortal Kombat: I love the character designs, the lore and the gameplay.
Resident Evil: I loved the atmosphere, the music, the bestiary and the gameplay.

I love many games for many reasons, but those two IPs will always be the first video games I think about ever since I got a PSX.

fred

Elite Dangerous in VR because it has made a dream I've had since I was a kid in the 80s come true - actually flying one of these ships for (virtual) real(ity).

Elite Dangerous in VR is now number one in my best games of all time list, knocking the first game down to number two!

Yes, I know I've used a long sentence plus another two - please feel free to sue me 😂😂😂

Top Bottom