• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your go-to chill out gaming song?

ROMhack

Let's say the world is getting a bit much. Your stress levels are rising higher than water levels in the Arctic Ocean should every country adapt China's policy towards greenhouse emissions. Tempers are flaring, rage is spilling, mom's spaghetti...

What song do you put on to relax...?

Here's mine:

Last edited:

ROMhack

You assume, that when we are stressed, we all go boot up a specific video game song to unwind?

Not really. Just thought it was a new angle for a song recommendation thread.

Plus I'm at work and wanted to listen to some music.

Last edited:

Eimran

Resident evil 4 merchant song kind of gives me a relaxed safe feeling.

90% of the existing Dragon Quest songs.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I've got tinnitus, so when I'm reading, I like to have music on. Something non-vocal, and something long enough that I won't have to worry about wanting to skip any tracks.
Sometimes I listen to this

Tranquilmonia

Neo Member
For a long time, it was the theme to the National Park in Johto, from Pokémon HG/SS. Since late 2018, however, I've been listening to a bunch of OSTs from various RPGs, and I think I've finally found the one little theme to relax to:

It puts me in such a good mood! ^^

Last edited:

hooplah

Neo Member
I wouldn't say it is something i regularly go to but i think the soundtrack to the original Homeworld should be held up for all time as the apex of orchestral game music.

Holammer

While I enjoy a lot of SNES and PS1 era music, I often go for C64 remixes at Remix.kwed.org, especially ones made by MRT & Mano. The songs still bear the indelible stamp of their lowly origin, but the remixes can be so heavy it's sometimes difficult to tell.

Not all of them are on Youtube, but Mano - Human Race, MRT's Nine Lives and Plastic Pop are incredibly chill tunes, perfect to brighten some tedious work or just relax.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The Donna Burke mix of “Snake Eater”. It’s relaxing to listen to while jogging too. Which is surprisingly relaxing.

During my wedding, my wife came down the isle with the “To Zanarkand” song.

Top Bottom