• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Your iPhone Wants You to Vote DEMOCRAT ?

Wwg1wga

Dec 3, 2018

REMINDER :

Robert Epstein (born June 19, 1953) is an American psychologist, professor, author, and journalist. He earned his Ph.D. in psychology at Harvard University in 1981, was editor in chief of Psychology Today, a visiting scholar at the University of California, San Diego, and the founder and director emeritus of the Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies in Concord, MA.[1]
"In 2016, I set up the first-ever monitoring system that allowed me to look over the shoulders of a diverse group of American voters -- there were 95 people in 24 states," he said.
"I looked at politically oriented searches that these people were conducting on Google, Bing and Yahoo. I was able to preserve more than 13,000 searches and 98,000 web pages, and I found very dramatic bias in Google's search results... favoring Hillary Clinton -- whom I supported strongly."

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Crowder basically makes the case that after three weeks with a new iPhone he was getting an overwhelming amount of impeachment news coverage and it was all coming from liberal sources. Fox News was the only conservative source, only came up twice in those three weeks and neither story directly related to impeachment or politics in general (Trump baby balloon story referenced, make of that what you will). Hundreds of articles on politics and none of them coming from conservative sources, which explains the title.

Reactions: llien and Tesseract

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Crowder basically makes the case that after three weeks with a new iPhone he was getting an overwhelming amount of impeachment news coverage and it was all coming from liberal sources. Fox News was the only conservative source, only came up twice in those three weeks and neither story directly related to impeachment or politics in general (Trump baby balloon story referenced, make of that what you will). Hundreds of articles on politics and none of them coming from conservative sources, which explains the title.
It’s quite obvious for anyone who owns an iPhone, doesn’t mess with anything from default with Apple News, and doesn’t have their head up their ass.

Google News on Android is pumping the same shit on default as well.

highrider

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Being Americans we have been forced to accept the clear bias most of the media and popular culture has towards the left. But I also think that much of popular culture is conservative in their values, but understand to get along in the public eye you have toe the line. If you think about it, it’s the quickest path to having a significant number of people like you. ‘ We should help everyone ‘ is a lot more appealing than the stodgy guy saying, hold up, I gotta pay for that.

Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

God Enel

Mar 26, 2011
Who the fuck reads news that is fed to them?
I think a lot of people actually do. Especially people with lower education aren’t able to critically uhm.. let’s say analyze media. They accept it as truth no matter what they get served.

I turned so many news sites down here in Germany because they’re turning to shit and aren’t worth reading anymore. Real journalism is rare these days. It’s all about the clicks

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Scopa

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I think a lot of people actually do. Especially people with lower education aren’t able to critically uhm.. let’s say analyze media. They accept it as truth no matter what they get served.

I turned so many news sites down here in Germany because they’re turning to shit and aren’t worth reading anymore. Real journalism is rare these days. It’s all about the clicks
Yeah. The only way to do it is to seek out your own news.

I didn’t even realise that my iPhone has a news app. After confirming, I turned that shit off quicksmart. Waste of battery.

Reactions: God Enel
Mar 18, 2018
It’s quite obvious for anyone who owns an iPhone, doesn’t mess with anything from default with Apple News, and doesn’t have their head up their ass.

Google News on Android is pumping the same shit on default as well.
I never touch the news area on the iPhone. I learned quick it couldn’t be trusted. Even the home page on Edge on Windows 10 is trash.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Who the fuck reads news that is fed to them?
I skim it to see exactly what is being fed to people. I don't have an iPhone but google news feeds me a bunch of no name sites or sites run by think tanks with anti Trump propaganda every single day. It also feeds me canadian news anti Trump propaganda every day as well. It is hilarious to watch a raw clip of something he did or said and then get a news feed full of the absolute worst takes on what transpired. "Trump blames Canadian logging industry for California fires." was my favorite. All after he innocuously said that americans should use their own lumber using selective harvesting which would help with forest fires rather than importing it.

It is even funnier when Dragonshart posts those same articles here as some sort of gatcha against Trump.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Scopa

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Timmy just keeps thinking I'll buy thousand dollar phones loaded with Liberal bullshit. There's a limit to my loyalty and you are testing it, Timmy. Don't be so bold to think people won't walk away if you keep sticking your finger in their ass.