• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most anticipated PS5 exclusive

Which one is your most hyped game ?

• Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Part. II

• Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

• Spider-Man 2

• Gran Turismo 7

• Horizon: Forbidden West

• God of War Ragnarök

• Kena: Bridge of Spirits

• Project Athia (Now Forspoken)

• Uncharted 5

• Final Fantasy XVI

• The Last of Us Part. III

• Ghost of Tsushima II

Results are only viewable after voting.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Hype check Commander !

unknown.png

First of all, sorry if I missed a game.
Secondly: I tried to stay realistic about the games here, that's why I didn't put things like Bloodborne II or Days Gone II haha (sorry, too soon?)
Same poll for Xbox Exclusives: here

Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Part. II
unknown.png

It's always nice to get an upgrade, and Square Enix is giving the already gorgeous Final Fantasy VII remake the PS5 treatment with upgraded visuals and performance, but the sequel is highly anticipated.
No information for now, but it's safe to say this one is awaited !

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
unknown.png

Ever since the reboot of the first Ratchet & Clank game that launched on PS4 in 2016, fans have been clamoring for a brand new game in the franchise.
And well, their dreams has been answered by this gem appearing in the upcoming PS5 games line-up. With a release in less than 2 month away, the hype is palpable.

Final Fantasy XVI
unknown.png

The next mainline game in the storied Final Fantasy series will be a console exclusive for the PS5 and the first trailer looks great.
It's a return to a more tied-down fantasy realm, along with a grittier style and a combat system that looks more responsive than ever.
Fans of the series are probably eager to find out more.

Gran Turismo 7
unknown.png

One of the grand old names of racing games is coming to the PS5, just as we hoped it would - the next Gran Turismo looks like it will once again push the envelope in terms of graphical fidelity and realism.
With a revamped campaign mode that should be a little easier for players to get to grips with and a solid line-up of cars, this installment is very anticipated.

Horizon: Forbidden West
unknown.png

Aloy is well, thx for asking. In fact, the sequel is slated to late 2021 and Horizon Zero Dawn sequel has the trailer looked absolutely gorgeous and bursting with vibrant colours, mysterious machines, and new environments to explore.
This is a game you wanna keep an eye on !

God of War Ragnarök
unknown.png

Ragnarök is coming. Yes, God of War 2 is happening and it's set to land on the PS5 at some point (2021 or 2022?).
During a Sony games showcase, a short but goose-bump-inducing teaser trailer announcement featured Kratos' voice saying that "the time draws near, you must prepare yourself".
Ooooh boy... We are not ready for this. God of War: Ragnarök is set to release sometime next year, and it'll likely take us on quite the journey.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits
unknown.png

Saying Kena made a strong impression during her gameplay reveal would be an understatement !
With its beautiful world complete with adorable little fuzzy creatures known as Rot who act as your spirit companions that can manipulate the environment, Kena: Bridge of Spirits instantly piqued the interest of gamers.
Easily one of the top upcoming PS5 games.

Project Athia (Forspoken)
unknown.png

Forspoken is a future action-RPG video game in development by Luminous Productions, a subsidiary of Square Enix. The player embodies the protagonist Frey Holland who uses magical powers to survive in a fantasy world.
According to director Takeshi Aramaki, the gameplay will focus on the speed and fluidity of crossing the open world.
It is due out in 2022 .

The Last of Us Part. III
unknown.png

While nothing is know, it's safe to say a follow up for TLOU II is coming. The only question is when?
After the events of the previous game, it will be interesting to see where Naughty dog wants to take the series.

Spider-Man 2
unknown.png

Since Spider-Man's runaway success on PS4 and Sony's takeover of its authors Insomniac Games, there's no doubt a sequel is happening.
Some rumors even speak of a possible release for Christmas 2021...

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Some of these aren't really rumored or confirmed. So my vote for one most likely happening as said by Jason Schrier that's my most anticipated is The last of us remake and tlou2 remastered. For the poll TLOU3

Last edited:

retsof624

Horizon. I adore the first game, so I cant wait to see how the sequel looks on my PS5.

I love GoW too so I’m also looking forward to playing that

Banned
well since there are already enogh Ubisoft games out there Horizon is most likely the last on the list.. oh wait no there are Naughty Dog games on there... so just above those then.

Ratchet and Spider-Man 2 I would say.

bender

What time is it?
I think I've had my fill of Spider-Man. Spider Gwen could change my mind.

I voted Ratchet and Clank since it is the most immediate. Gran Turismo has me excited but who knows when we will see it. Same for FFVII pt 2.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
From that list.

1. Final Fantasy XVI
2. Kena
3. Final Fantasy VII Part II
4. God of War Ragnarok

Gran Turismo 7 and there's not even a runner-up close to it. It's going to own my life. I played the shit out of 5 and 6 on PS3, platinum"d both but circumstances of life didn't allow me to play GT Sport, I didn't even own a PS4 at the time and then I couldn't get into it fully like I would have wanted it so I let it pass, never bought it. But now the time has come for my return, it'll be 8 years since last GT for me , I can't wait.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That will release on all platforms.

See, exclusive marketing deals work after all.
I think it's a timed-exclusive, so it will launch on PlayStation and PC, but then eventually will make its way to other consoles. Or perhaps this is exactly what you meant by 'this will release on all platforms' 😂

odhiex

It's crazy that I am interested in "all games" on the list. GOW Ragnarok took my vote for now.

I don't care whether they will be released this year or three more years. Please be good, I can wait.

It is between Horizon: Forbidden West and GOW: Ragnarok. I voted Horizon because I am more excited about the world, even though I liked the last God of War more than HZD. I am hoping they move it more into an RPG lite and fill out the world a little more.

Perrott

Gold Member
Not to be a dick, but half of the games in the poll are not exclusives (FFXVI, Forspoken, Kena...), announced (The Last Of Us: Part III, Ghost 2, Spider-Man 2) or even in development (Uncharted 5).

Out of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Horizon: Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7 and the next God of War, I have to say that GT7 is the one that I'm excited the most about!

supernova8

Banned
Not to be a dick, but half of the games in the poll are not exclusives (FFXVI, Forspoken, Kena...), announced (The Last Of Us: Part III, Ghost 2, Spider-Man 2) or even in development (Uncharted 5).

Out of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Horizon: Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7 and the next God of War, I have to say that GT7 is the one that I'm excited the most about!
Not to be a dick but I still can't even get a bloody PS5 because of the scalper shitfaces

DelireMan7

1. Final Fantasy XVI
  2. Project Athia
  3. Kena : Bridge of Spirits

This is my top 3.
Horizon : Forbidden West is following just behind.

Then I haven't play any previous games of the list yet so...

ZywyPL

Banned
Kena is not really an exclusive, I'll be playing it on PC, but anyway, this game gets my vote - it's something really fresh and new as oppose to all of the sequels on the list, the presentation is absolutely charming and the gameplay seems cool as well. Followed by GT7 but that game has a lot to prove/catch up.

As for Sony's 1st party output I'd much prefer them to revive some of the amazing PS3 titles like Motorstorm, Resistance, etc., just imagine how much the devs could elevate those franchises with PS5 hardware... Or a KZ2 remaster, I'd definitely die for a KZ2 remaster.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ideally it would be the horizon sequel or gow ragnarock but both games being crossegen soured me in a bad way.

So i'm gonna go with volcano high school sequel.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

I voted GT7, but that's mainly because I'm still fascinated to see what a proper next gen racing game will look like.

The hype for Horizon and (probably) GOW is kinda killed by the cross gen thing. Having said that, I'm not ENTIRELY confident than GT7 will be PS5-only, either. So....

If it were confirmed to be actually happening, I'd probably be most hyped for Uncharted 5, though, tbh.

ZywyPL

Banned
I voted GT7, but that's mainly because I'm still fascinated to see what a proper next gen racing game will look like.

Yeah, I miss the good old days when I was getting a PS console on day 1 because I knew a new GT will show up sooner or later, but PD dropped the ball with GT5, and kept dropping the ball lower and lower with each subsequent installment, so they have A LOT to prove with GT7.

God of War Ragnarök it is.
Liked the series from the first installment, right when the game mechanics began to bore the fuck out of me they've reinvented themselfs. Can't wait for the next one.
Hope they don't fuck it up though.

Top Bottom