• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most anticipated PS5 exclusive

Which one is your most hyped game ?

• Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Part. II

• Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

• Spider-Man 2

• Gran Turismo 7

• Horizon: Forbidden West

• God of War Ragnarök

• Kena: Bridge of Spirits

• Project Athia (Now Forspoken)

• Uncharted 5

• Final Fantasy XVI

• The Last of Us Part. III

• Ghost of Tsushima II

Results are only viewable after voting.

GymWolf

Any source about GOW being cross gen?
During an interview when a guy asked jimbo if gow ragnarock would be exclusive, he was evasive and didn't confirmed.

Maybe i'm wrong, but when someone ask you if your most successful and praised game of the past gen is gonna be ps5 exclusive you don't respond with a "we are gonna see" if you don't have something to hide.

For demons and ratchet they confirmed right away the ps5 exclusivity.

Call me a pessimistic guy who can read between lines...

Of course sony fans are gonna tell you that there is nothing suspectful with an answer like that but that's par for the course in here.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I don't think they did
Maybe because nobody directly asked if they were ps5 exclusive but by the time of their first trailer we knew that they were ps5 games.

For gow we have a teaser trailer, an hilariously fake release date and jimbo evading precise questiin about exclusivity...

Again, reading between lines is not that hard if you are not biased and there is not a single reason in this planet to not announce ps5 exclusivity for arguably their most important game from last gen, literally no reason at all.

Last edited:

nowhat

Funny, just a little while ago I had a song start playing in my head, and it took some time to remember that, oh yeah, FF7R soundtrack!

So that's my pick thus far, will be going down the list one by one after that.

Last edited:
Maybe because nobody directly asked if they were ps5 exclusive but by the time of their first trailer we knew that they were ps5 games.

For gow we have a teaser trailer, an hilariously fake release date and jimbo evading precise questiin about exclusivity...

Again, reading between lines is not that hard if you are not biased and there is not a single reason in this planet to not announce ps5 exclusivity for arguably their most important game from last gen, literally no reason at all.

Yeah we knew because they said the platforms in the trailer

It's standard PR. If they haven't officially revealed platforms either in a reveal trailer or blog post, then they're not going to tell you just becuase you asked in an interview either.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah we knew because they said the platforms in the trailer

It's standard PR. If they haven't officially revealed platforms either in a reveal trailer or blog post, then they're not going to tell you just becuase you asked in an interview either.
But what is the reason to hide such an information??

And usually you answer question during an interview, it's like the entire purpose for an interview, so him evading is at least suspect, i mean, it's not like a game being exclusive or not is this big state secret...

If this was phil and halo infinite evading a question about esclusivity we all know what the feeling in here would be, cmon dude, you can't negate that jimbo's answer is a bit suspicious...

And usually you answer question during an interview, it's like the entire purpose for an interview, so him evading is at least suspect, i mean, it's not like a game being exclusive or not is this big state secret...

If this was phil and halo infinite evading a question about esclusivity we all know what the feeling in here would be, cmon dude, you can't negate that jimbo's answer is a bit suspicious...

Lol come on

When do ever really get anything new from those types of interviews? They either talk complete fluff or just repeat crap we already knew. There's nothing suspcious about that

Maybe it's cross gen. I have no idea. But i'm not basing that on some corportate PR interview that's just par of the course

We'll find out the platforms like we always do. Either from a blog post or a video. Not because a journalist asked them

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Ask yourself this, why would he shy away from answering something that will later become public information?

It’s not a PR move.

sircaw

Banned
i still have my hopes for bloodborne 2, i know, I know but let me dream.

Tough choice for me, between god of war and Horizon, I have a sneaky feeling that the next horizon game is going to blow people's minds.

GymWolf

Lol come on

When do ever really get anything new from those types of interviews? They either talk complete fluff or just repeat crap we already knew. There's nothing suspcious about that

Maybe it's cross gen. I have no idea. But i'm not basing that on some corportate PR interview that's just par of the course
I'm still dubious but we are gonna see very soon if jimbo was hiding something or not.

GymWolf

Of course he hides stuff

If you asked him whether it would be coming to PS5 or not he probably wouldn't even answer that lol
I was talking specifically about gow, call me naive but i still see no reason to hide an info like that after a direct question.

My brain try to find a logic reason but nothing comes out...it doesn't change literally nothing having this info except fooling ps4 owners with a false hope and making ps5 owners dubious...

Is he trying to sell more ps4 with the ambiguity about gow esclusivity?! A shit behaviour if you ask me, corporate yes but still shitty and greedy.

Last edited:
I was talking specifically about gow, call me naive but i still see no reason to hide an info like that after a direct question.

My brain try to find a logic reason but nothing comes out...it doesn't change literally nothing having this info except fooling your fans with a false hope...

Is he trying to sell more ps4 with the ambiguity about gow esclusivity?! A shit behaviour if you ask me, corporate yes but still shitty and greedy.

It's called PR bot mode

The CEO isn't there to confirm information that hasn't been officially revelaed. It's standard practice. Regardless of what the information actually is

Outside of the interview there's argument to made why they didn't confirm it last year, but that's just Sony and their annoying strategy of not talking.

Last edited:

GymWolf

It's called PR bot mode

The CEO isn't there to confirm information that hasn't been officially revelaed. It's standard practice. Regardless of what the information actually is

Outside of the interview there's argument to made why they didn't confirm it last year, but that's just Sony and their annoying strategy of not talking.
Yeah i don't know, after horizon being crossgen i have no faith in sony decisions for the future so i keep all my doubts about that interview, pr bot mode or not.

Like i said, e3 is close and we are gonna know if ragnarock is gonna be crossgen or not.

GymWolf

There’s no reason for him to avoid admitting to it being cross-gen since that information will come eventually.
Maybe it's a method to sell more ps4?!

People watched horizon sequel becoming crossgen and jimbo avoiding questions about gow and they can make 2+2=4 in their head...

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Looking at the list.
200.gif

ZywyPL

Banned
Like i said, e3 is close and we are gonna know if ragnarock is gonna be crossgen or not.

Isn't Sony skipping E3 tho? I imagine they will drop some trailers/info somewhere around that period to not to be left behind/steal some attention, but officially they won't be there, just like EA and Activision.

GymWolf

Isn't Sony skipping E3 tho? I imagine they will drop some trailers/info somewhere around that period to not to be left behind/steal some attention, but officially they won't be there, just like EA and Activision.
Yeah they have their own conference, i meant that e3 period is close so we are gonna have info dumps from everyone and gow is supposedly a 2021 game...

IKSTUGA

Super excited for Spider-Man 2, TLoU 3, FFXVI and FFVIIR2 (assuming it's an exclusive). I'm probably gonna get God of War day 1 too. Horizon and Ratchet are solid 20€ games. Dunno about the others.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
1)Spider Man 2
2)God of War 2
3)Uncharted 5

So So on Ghost 2 (didn't finish last one because of open world fatigue), and Horizon 2 (open world fatigue)

0 interest in the rest unless Last of Us 3 unfucks it's self.

Some of your games aren't even confirmed to be being made. So, by those rules, I choose Demon's Souls 2. Followed closely by Bloodborne 2.

For all you folks that are Gran Turismo fans but skipped Sport, there’s no excuse for that. Sport is best GT by far if you have any interest in online racing. Offline racing is passé, long made irrelevant just like CoD campaigns. It’s good to have it there but can’t be the main focus anymore, it’s not 2005.

I’m hopeful but somewhat fearful at the same time because Polyphony just can’t seem to gather their strengths and finally deliver full package with GT. There is always something missing or is half-arsed. It’s still a dream to drive but it could be so much more.

Last edited:
Probably Horizon or Spider-Man 2. Don’t care much for God of War or Gran Turismo and as much as I enjoyed Lost Legacy, I feel I’ve had my share of Uncharted.

I’d love a remake/remaster of Warhawk PS3 above all else, that’s the most fun I’ve ever had in a multiplayer game.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'm surprised GoW Ragnarok is beating Forbidden West here.

Guerilla Games has an extra year dev time over Sony Santa Monica (+ Breath of the Wild influence) and, most likely, it'll be the B team working on Ragnarok while Cory Bolrog and the A team work on the new IP. Plus, linear games are more boring than open world.

Top Bottom