• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Your penis is mine" Hacker who hacked internet connected chastity cages

cryptoadam

Banned

So of course this kind of security and privacy apathy has extended to more creative uses of internet-connected devices. Case in point: last October, security researchers found that the makers of an IOT chastity cage -- a device used to prevent men from being able to have sex -- (this Amazon link has the details) had left an API exposed, giving hackers the ability to take remote control of the devices. And guess what: that's exactly what wound up happening. One victim and device user say he was contacted by a hacker who stated he wouldn't be able to free his genitals from the device unless he ponied up a bitcoin ransom.

Luckily his genitals weren't in the device at the time, though it's not clear other users were as lucky:

"A victim who asked to be identified only as Robert said that he received a message from a hacker demanding a payment of 0.02 Bitcoin (around $750 today) to unlock the device. He realized his cage was definitely "locked," and he "could not gain access to it." "Fortunately I didn’t have this locked on myself while this happened," Robert said in an online chat."
Given the often nonexistent security on internet of things devices, such problems aren't particularly uncommon in devices like not-so-smart thermostats. It's also a major problem in many hospitals where big medical conglomerates haven't been willing to pony up the money necessary to keep lifesaving technology private and secure. That said, "I had to pay some kid in the Ukraine $750 so I could access my own genitals" is a new wrinkle many hadn't seen coming.

Please GAF help me a Ukrainin hacker is holding my dong hostage!

Ornlu

Banned
you've just been caged. — YOUR SOUL IS MINE.

Zenaku

Not only do I not understand the point of putting something on to prevent you from getting hard, I super don’t understand why it would need to connect to the internet
Probably forced to wear it by the wife or girlfriend, and the internet connectivity is so she shows when it's been taken off.

Only a complete simp would ever wear one of these, let alone stay with a woman who demands it.

eot

Banned
Not only do I not understand the point of putting something on to prevent you from getting hard, I super don’t understand why it would need to connect to the internet
People get off on being out of control, it's a pretty common fetish theme. Well, 'getting off' maybe isn't the right term here lol. As for the online part, it's the same as everything else nowadays. Enjoy your fetish from the comfort of your home, without having to meet real people. Remote controlled sex toys have been a thing for a while.

Razvedka

Banned
I've been reading about IoT fears for some time now. Never once did I come across some sort of 'worst case' scenario like this though.

My god.

I don't really get why you would connect it to the internet, but the loss of control can be very arousing and extremely good for being kept near-perpetually horny.

Now, the internet purpose is to make sure theres little-to-no chance of rulebreakers taking it off. Hackers just made it lulzy now.

Last edited:

Xyphie

Someone didn't do penetration testing properly... though cuckolds getting cockheld through findom seems more like a feature than a security issue.

Last edited:
It’s so they can let the girl they give all their money to on Onlyfans or whatever control it. I won’t pretend to understand the appeal, but the purpose seems fairly obvious. There are people into everything you can imagine. And stuff you can’t.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Wouldn't this simply excite the sorts of people who'd wear one? Really don't think the hacker thought this one through.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Things I remember from when this story first happened (I saw it on Reddit a while back):
-It’s (obviously) for S&M people who are into domination. Some people like to do it remotely, I guess. They get a kick out of being dominated, maybe it’s the role reversal or something.
-Lots of comments criticising the lack of physical key and the general poor design
-Turned out the business owner didn’t have a clue about anything to do with S&M or the product he was selling, so this sort of thing was inevitable
-S&M commenters on Reddit take this sort of stuff seriously

Kamina

Golden Boy
If you are dumb enough to stick your wiener into a machine that is connected to the internet you deserve all that is coming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom