• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your PS5 Launch Exclusive Predictions?

GamerEDM

Banned
Your PS5 Launch Exclusive Predictions?

VY3T6FK.jpg

cFDXSA6.jpg

Freeman76

I dont think there will be any of note, possibly some upgrades of current gen though. I am fully expecting Red Dead Collection with RD1 remastered and RD2 in the same bundle released at full price, possibly not at release but Rockstar wont miss a chance to cash in twice.

webber

Hard to say because we don't know Sony's strategy when it comes to PS4 support and cross gen.
Perhaps we're probably gonna get cross gen games until 2021.
Then, in 2022, truly next gen (PS5) only games.

Heinrich

Banned
If history repeat itself we usually get very shallow games that more about showing off new graphics rather than proper game.

exactly this. Lol but hey, at least they can say they have some exclusive games For launch! So at lot of reasons to get a PS5!

Ellery

Looking at the previous Playstation launch titles I don't have high expectations.

Demon's Souls Remake would be extremely nice or some sort of unexpected launch title that is better than people expected and introduces the new generation to us.

Gran Turismo of course, but I think its unlikely.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
First Party Studios -
- Demon's Souls Remake (Bluepoint)
- Killzone 5 or new FPS IP (Guerrilla)
- Ratchet & Clank 2 (Insomniac)
- TLOUP2 MP (via BC, free to play, requires PS+, Naughty Dog)

Third party deals -
- Godfall (Counterplay Games/Gearbox)
- Stormdivers or new IP (Housemarque)

Marketing deals -
- Assassin's Creed 2020 (Ubisoft)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Activision)
- Watch Dogs Legion (Ubisoft)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Godfall
Demon Souls
Ratchet and Clank
Gran Turismo 7
Assassin's Creed Kingdom
Battlefield
Harry Potter
Watchdogs
NBA 2K
Fifa
UFC
COD

Last edited:
Guaranteed PS5 launch:

- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (PS5 exclusive)
- Ghost of Tushima (cross gen)
- Assassins Creed Ragnarok (cross gen)
- Knack 3 (PS5 exclusive)
- Spider-Man 2 (cross gen)
- The Last Of Us 2 (cross gen)
- Death Stranding (cross gen)

Absentees:

- Gran Turismo 7
- Unannounced Naughty Dog game

I think Sony will give Polyphony Digital and Naughty Dog more time to craft stellar games. Sony won't want to blow their whole 1st party load on PS5 launch.
Saving heavy hitting studios like ND, Polyphony and Santa Monica studios for year 2 or 3 of PS5's life cycle to go head to head with big studios from MS will do them the world of good.

Be still my beating heart. Be still...

I seriously hope that SOCOM (if it is indeed being remade for PS5) is treated as a 3rd person Call of Duty Modern Warfare but retaining its tactical gameplay elements.

Last edited:

Gudji

Just my 2 cents:

• The Last of Us: Part II PS5 enhanced version
  • The Last of Us: Factions F2P launch game
  • Ghost of Tsushima PS5 enhanced version
  • Dreams enhanced version
  • New Guerrilla Games IP - Multiplayer (from 2nd team)
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Demon Souls remastered (Blue point)
  • Housemarquee new AAA IP
  • Remedy new IP exclusive title
  • Insomniac Ratchet and Clank PS5
  • New game from Mark Cerny (not knack)
  • Godfall
  • A few more exclusives titles from smaller studios (similar to Godfall)
Then in 2021 they would go into high gears starting with Horizon Zero Dawn two, six months after launch.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
There's launch day and launch window. I'm expecting something good in that window at the least. Hopefully it's as good as inFamous Second Son.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
  • Ape Escape sequel (Japan Studio)
  • Demon's Souls remake (Bluepoint)
  • New AAA TPS IP (Housemarque)
  • New AAA RPG IP (Japan Studio)
Gran Turismo, Arrowhead's New IP, a new Ratchet & Clank and Horizon 2 will launch during the first half of 2021

Damigos

Dreamfall, GT sport 4k, new wipeout, horizon 2, knack 3, demons souls remake, ghost of tsushima 60 fps edition, new housemarque game, days gone 4k60, the order 1887

Reactions: Isa

autoduelist

Socom
Tlou 2
Spiderman 2
Horizon 2
From Software Game
Something like infamous, killzone, or resistance...
Something for the kids [ratchet, etc]
Dreams
Tokyo Jungle 2 [i will never stop hoping]
Something from Housemarque
Something from Level 5 or another key jrpg
Driving game

With a lineup like that, they will do well.

Inglebard

Neo Member
I'm rooting for Horizon 2. I'm hoping it'll be a launch title so it'll be down to $10 or $20 for the GOTY edition by the time I finally buy a PS5. I really am looking forward to that game though, thought the original Horizon was great.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have this feeling that this might be the best launch in PS history due to so many awesome PS4 games coming out in 2020. I have a feeling like Bluepoint’s game might be the cherry on top.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
God of war 5?
Last of Us 2
Uncharted 11?
Spiderman 2
Horizon 2
Another 3rd person shooter game about zombies
random platformer

Oh wait you said launch
Gran Turismo whatever number they are currently on
Infamous girl mc
some minigame
Unchart...Last of Us 2 Ps5 version
3rd person shooter

magnumpy

hmm I dunno a new GT game would be nice. a lot of portjobs seems almost guaranteed. low effort, quick to make, easy cash grabs :(

Vol5

I think they'll have a couple of lookers obviously but I doubt the launch line-up will be stellar. It hardly ever is. A new SOCOM....I can dig it.

I want Sony to continue to support indies at launch. I remember Devolver had an exclusivity deal with Sony at one point, so I'm really hopeful they come up with something similar for PS5 launch. and it's not just all "look at this ray-tracing" shenanigans.

Just my 2 cents:

• The Last of Us: Part II PS5 enhanced version
  • The Last of Us: Factions F2P launch game
  • Ghost of Tsushima PS5 enhanced version
  • Dreams enhanced version
  • New Guerrilla Games IP - Multiplayer (from 2nd team)
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Demon Souls remastered (Blue point)
  • Housemarquee new AAA IP
  • Remedy new IP exclusive title
  • Insomniac Ratchet and Clank PS5
  • New game from Mark Cerny (not knack)
  • Godfall
  • A few more exclusives titles from smaller studios (similar to Godfall)
Then in 2021 they would go into high gears starting with Horizon Zero Dawn two, six months after launch.
I doubt this is going to happen. This is a very heavy front loaded launch. Can't leave only Naughty Dog and Santa Monica studios to sustain this momentum

On topic:
Seriously doubt Sony is going to be banging out a ton of exclusives for PS5's launch. One has to remember that MS just acquired a few studios who's work will most likely only come to fruition around year 2 or 3 of the next gen cycle.
You want to spread out your heavy hitters as much as possible so to keep your customer base engaged. I expect maybe 2 outright PS5 exclusives backed up by an army of multi platform and cross gen titles.
Year 2 and beginning of year 3 of next gen cycle is when i'm expecting next gen exclusive bombs to drop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom