• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your PS5 Launch Exclusive Predictions?

Isa

I'm just hoping for something that clicks with me. I've kind of enjoyed their prior launches but not too many games stick out as super memorable for me. I would like something with more depth and staying power waiting out those early months until the big stuff hits. I'd really enjoy a sequel to A Crack In Time, maybe a Souls-type game ala Demon's Souls or fleshed out Bloodborne, and a solid Jrpg. Another Horizon title surely wouldn't go amiss. Still there day 1 though.

Oddspeak

Somewhat realistically? And outside of Godfall, which has already been announced?

Most will probably be PS5 "enhanced" versions of first-party games already out for PS4, so The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, and Dreams; probably God of War and Spider-Man, as well. Worst case, they may not even be retail releases, either. The enhancements may just be updates or PSN downloads. Doubt it though, as it might count against the launch lineup and make it look thinner.

Actual new games may be Gran Turismo 7 (or perhaps just Sport: Complete Edition, with all free update content on-disc), and perhaps Killzone to be the obligatory first-party next-gen-only launch game made to show what the console can do, like Shadow Fall was. A game from Japan Studio may be likely, as they've been silent since 2018; it's probably a game by Cerny. And maybe Housemarque's battle royale, Stormdivers, which was announced in 2018 and supposed to be out in 2019, but they seem to have pushed it back. Hopefully to change direction away from a BR game.

Outside of that, I don't see anything else coming on day one. Stuff like Ratchet and Clank and what Bluepoint's doing may come within launch window, but not the first day, in my opinion.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

220px-Agent_video_game_cover.jpg

Chromata

Does it run 4k 60fps ?
Also would we get a blue master chief edition ?
Would it be ray traced at 4k ?
I know im asking alot.

I can't confirm framerate but 4k may or may not be on the table. However, my sources told me you will see more than 4000 pixels on the screen at all times.

You will actually get a blue masterchief edition, except it won't be blue it'll be green and might be named something else.

I can confirm that there is a possibility of ray tracing potentially being in the game or not, no word on resolution.

I hope I was helpful :).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Some small budget indie style games will surely be PS5 only.

Maybe Godfall too. Not sure if that game was promoted as early PS5 or TBD.

The big PS5 games will be remasters/upgrades..... Ghosts, LoU2.

Guaranteed PS5 launch:

- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (PS5 exclusive)
- Ghost of Tushima (cross gen)
- Assassins Creed Ragnarok (cross gen)
- Knack 3 (PS5 exclusive)
- Spider-Man 2 (cross gen)
- The Last Of Us 2 (cross gen)
- Death Stranding (cross gen)

Absentees:

- Gran Turismo 7
- Unannounced Naughty Dog game

I think Sony will give Polyphony Digital and Naughty Dog more time to craft stellar games. Sony won't want to blow their whole 1st party load on PS5 launch.
Saving heavy hitting studios like ND, Polyphony and Santa Monica studios for year 2 or 3 of PS5's life cycle to go head to head with big studios from MS will do them the world of good.

Be still my beating heart. Be still...

I seriously hope that SOCOM (if it is indeed being remade for PS5) is treated as a 3rd person Call of Duty Modern Warfare but retaining its tactical gameplay elements.
Sounds very plausible in my opinion. Leveled expectations.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 7 for sure, since the series usually has a game with a new Sony system launch, and it has been years since we got a proper Gran Turismo game. It's time to show off the power of the PS5 with ray tracing.

Last edited:

demigod

Gran Turismo 7 for sure, since the series usually has a game with a new Sony system launch, and it has been years since we got a proper Gran Turismo game. It's time to show off the power of the PS5 with ray tracing.

Pretty sure this is false. Don’t remember ps3 and ps4 having Gran Turismo for launch. You giving polyphony too much credit. They spit out a game like every 7 years, its baffling how they are still around.

Zannegan

If history repeat itself we usually get very shallow games that more about showing off new graphics rather than proper game.
Usually, but damn if I didn't have a great time with inFamous: Second Son (of course, that was "launch window" instead of launch day, but still).

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Usually, but damn if I didn't have a great time with inFamous: Second Son (of course, that was "launch window" instead of launch day, but still).
That game was fun but in my opinion it was severely lacking compare to first two games especially when it comes to enemy diversity. Also Delsin had more powers but none of it felt fully developed, this becomes more obvious when play the stand alone DLC First Light and see Fetch’s Neon power is better than all Delsin’s power put together because it was fully developed. Actually in DLC in challenge stages you unlock Delsin and compare to Fetch he controls like a tank.

xrnzaaas

I want to say Horizon Zero Dawn 2 but it seems to be far from finished. I think we may get GT7 with a lot of content taken from GTS, proper rain/weather effects and new singleplayer bits added to please the fans. Games like SOCOM and Demons Souls Remake are likely, but personally I'm not interested in them.

Gerdav

Unless Sony commits a PS3 or MS Xbox One style act of self harm there is absolutely no reason to front load with exclusives because they will sell every unit that is manufactured for at least a year, my guess for launch day would be only two or three along the lines of,

1. First party FPS graphics showcase game Killzone/Resistance/new IP
2. Family friendly platformer such as Knack 3/Ratchet & Clank/new IP
3. A Resogun style dual stick “arcade” game.

And I can see Gran Turismo 7 if not on launch day itself either coming a few weeks after in early December(assuming typical early November launch) or in early spring 21 March/April time, and around the same time in spring I could possibly see any new SOCOM game launching.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Are people serieus with the GT predictions? We just had one (talking in GT time here) and it's only 10 months or something untill release.

GT Sport 2 maybe... GT7 never.

I think GG has been working on a multiplayer game in the Fortnite or PUBG mould, but 5× more technically impressive. This could be a launch title.

I think Sony identified an online mp focused franchise as a hole in their line-up of IPs and I'm 90% sure this will be rectified early on in PS5's life-cycle.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
GTS-SPEC III/GT7

PlayStation All Stars

Hot Shots Golf 2

Folklore 2

Killzone Isa-Fall (Play as Helghast)

Resistance

Warhawk

2 New Ip's at launch

Mass Shift

The cleverness of skipping an E3 means that whatever you had planned for PS4 can very easily transition to the 5 as an exclusive for launch.

But as of right now I have no solid guesses, but am willing to be surprised even if launch titles traditionally don't go on to be memorable or significant experiences.

I would love HZD2 but that's just not going to happen.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I predict they'll include at least one sequel to a franchise from the pack of PS3 IPs, something like Warhawk or Resistance or Motorstorm. If you played PS3 era as a teenager you are now in your mid/late 20s, the prime market for purchasing electronics on Day One.

Kupfer

I predict they'll include at least one sequel to a franchise from the pack of PS3 IPs, something like Warhawk or Resistance or Motorstorm. If you played PS3 era as a teenager you are now in your mid/late 20s, the prime market for purchasing electronics on Day One.
Makes sense, Killzone then! I miss the franchise.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Makes sense, Killzone then! I miss the franchise.
They launched PS4 with KZ Shadow Fall, so my hunch is they'll give another franchise a turn with PS5. It could be Killzone, though, I forgot about that one.

Racing and shooting seem like a safe bet for a Sony console launch.

sandkiller

GT7 (GRan Turismo 7)
HZD2 (Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel)
LBW (Little Big World)
Blinker (Open-World, Instant Teleporting, No Loading, showcasing PS5 features)

cireza

Banned
Pretty much the same games as for PS3 and PS4. Going to blow everyone's minds !
And a bunch of ports throughout the year.

Last edited:

mejin

first big game will come in the 1st half of 2021.

I just hope those launch games are fun, but I expect AA exclusives coming for launch.

I'm almost certain Gran Turismo 7 will be a launch title.
Development time between GT5 Prologue and GT5 was 3 years. By the end of the year GT Sport will be 3 years old...

Top Bottom