• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your PS5 Launch Exclusive Predictions?

Airbus Jr

Banned
Could be some long forgotten ip like Lair, Resistance, Gran Turismo, SOCOM, Motorstorm, Folklore and few others

Last edited:

AGRacing

Gold Member
I am not buying ANY full priced “enhanced edition” games for PlayStation 5 when it is fully backward compatible with PlayStation 4.

I may consider a small fee to upgrade the game.

However...

I would be extremely impressed and it would positively sway my purchasing decisions this year if, after the official reveal of the PS5, they made it very clear that ALL PS4 exclusives they release in 2020 will be enhanced for PS5 free of charge. This is the route they should take.

SOCOM Ray Traced

On a more serious note though, imagine how terrible a new SOCOM game would be with modern dev/studio tendencies.

A worthy successor to the old games is not going to happen.

Could be some long forgotten ip like Lair, Resistance, Gran Turismo, SOCOM, Motorstorm, Folklore and few others
Evolution is completely shut down all the devs went to Ghost games, Turn 10 or Codemasters so no Motor storm or drive club.
The studio that made lair got absolved by SEA eupore and they laid off alot of the eupore staff last year
Folklore staff left for Square,cygames or monolith soft.
Grand turismo hasnt been a launch title on psp,ps3,ps4 or ps vita so dont expect anything different
Resistance is a possible but after the vita title I doubt it

ragingturtle

Neo Member
Knack 3
Knack Battle Royale
Knack All-Stars
FIFA/Madden
Assassin’s Creed 23: RESURGENCE
Bloodborne Remastered (you’re not getting 2)
CoD: 1776
SF V: Ultra Hyper Kamikaze Complete Royale Edition
12 hour free trial of PS Plus
and Horizon 2 to appease people

hussar16

the order 1887 , new spiderman or god of war ,and a new fps, the lineup should be stacked as playstation is coming off the best years of development. hasnt been this good since ps2

iorek21

I'll be very.... very... very pissed if Sony decides to sell a enhanced edition for TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima considering the BC...

.... very pissed.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Evolution is completely shut down all the devs went to Ghost games, Turn 10 or Codemasters so no Motor storm or drive club.
The studio that made lair got absolved by SEA eupore and they laid off alot of the eupore staff last year
Folklore staff left for Square,cygames or monolith soft.
Grand turismo hasnt been a launch title on psp,ps3,ps4 or ps vita so dont expect anything different
Resistance is a possible but after the vita title I doubt it

They could just handed over the ip to new team

Just like Halo from Bungie to 343 or Gear of Wars from Epic to Coalition

Or create a new team with same name like that Fable game creator ( Respawn/Lionhead studios ?)

Last edited:
They could just handed over the ip to new team

Just like Halo from Bungie to 343 or Gear of Wars from Epic to Coalition

Or create a new team with same name like that Fable game creator ( Respawn/Lionhead studios ?)
not happening getting people to make racing games or jrpgs or very technical action games isnt the same was making a FPS games. You could take any dev and they could crank out a fps with little to no problems look at raven soft or criterion with black

Kupfer

I'll be very.... very... very pissed if Sony decides to sell a enhanced edition for TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima considering the BC...

.... very pissed.
Well I think it's safe to say there will be enhanced Versions. And honestly, why not? I really liked GTA5 in the PS4 although i already played it on Ps3, Same for TLOU.
Maybe even older games will be re-released like The Witcher 3, considering the even ported it to the switch and really know their engine by now. Maybe I will play The Witcher 3 by then, this gen Witcher just doesn't look appealing for me.

base

Banned
Well most games I’m excited about in this year are not on PC but thankfully I’m not exactly obsess over FPS as some people.
Most good games come out on consoles but they are for me unplayable if they are 30 fps. Switch back to pc after 13 years and the difference is huge.

iorek21

Well I think it's safe to say there will be enhanced Versions. And honestly, why not? I really liked GTA5 in the PS4 although i already played it on Ps3, Same for TLOU.
Maybe even older games will be re-released like The Witcher 3, considering the even ported it to the switch and really know their engine by now. Maybe I will play The Witcher 3 by then, this gen Witcher just doesn't look appealing for me.

Yeah, GTA V was a great upgrade, TLOU... I didn't really think it was that much of an improvement.

But still, those upgrades came what, one year after the original release? And let's consider that there wasn't any BC, so it's kind of justified.

But right now I don't think it would make sense to charge another $60 for a game that was released 3 months ago and its BC with PS5...

But then again, nothing surprises me in the games industry, so anything is possible, though I am rooting for some kind of free upgrade for those who bought the PS4 version

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Most good games come out on consoles but they are for me unplayable if they are 30 fps. Switch back to pc after 13 years and the difference is huge.
There are game on console that are on 60 FPS like Bayonetta and Mario Kart 8 but I still play games in 30FPS still fully enjoy them and even games like Bloodborne with frame pacing issues didn't prevent me from having blast with the game. I'm not gonna give you BS argument of saying 30 FPS better or make more "cinematic" No, 60FPS is always better and if possible I always choose that over 30FPS.

With that being said 30FPS is far from being "unplayable" I'm not gonna skip on great games just because it runs at 30FPS.

Last edited:

Kupfer

But right now I don't think it would make sense to charge another $60 for a game that was released 3 months ago and its BC with PS5...

But then again, nothing surprises me in the games industry, so anything is possible, though I am rooting for some kind of free upgrade for those who bought the PS4 version

Im with you,

but you forget that the consumer shapes the market. If the enhanced version then supports e.g. the excessively hyped raytracing, many will buy it despite BC. As long as the customer buys, it will continue.

iorek21

Im with you,

but you forget that the consumer shapes the market. If the enhanced version then supports e.g. the excessively hyped raytracing, many will buy it despite BC. As long as the customer buys, it will continue.

Yeah... the only way I see it being acceptable is if the enhancements are really substantial, like extra gameplay mechanics unachievable on old hardware (like the Nemesis system on PS3 for Shadow of Mordor), greatly improved physics and so on.

I don’t think that “just” added raytracing would be enough for me, but consumers may say otherwise...

spartan30gr

Killzone 4
Demon souls remake
Gran turismo 7
Assasins creed ragnarok cross gen
Batman the court of owls cross gen
Watchdog Legion cross gen
Godfall

VGEsoterica

It won’t happen but I wish we’d get another game from Ueda. Iso 2, a sequel to the Last Guardian, or a new game altogether.

Nero_PR

Banned
Hah, guerilla ain't going back to Killzone for a launch title. Horizon zeros dawn 2 all the way.

Motorstorm.
Killzone would not be a smart choice for a launch title again. Now, for MotorStorm. I would like to see it coming back, but who would be able to do it? Evolution is no more. Poliphony Digital is an all time Gran Turismo studio. Maybe Liverpool studio (I don't even know if they still exist)?

Last edited:

Valonquar

George RR Martin & Miyazaki walk out on stage holding hands, "We wanted to show you our new game coming out Exclusively on PS5 this winter"

Niked

GT7
New Ready At Dawn game
Bully 2
Socom remake
New Blue point game (thier first new IP)
Agent
KILLZONE 1 (a restart of the franchise)
Ridge racer
Bloodborne 2

+ bunch of cross gen games

hunthunt

Banned
Factions by Naughty Dog, a Ratchet game by Insomniac, the Demons Souls Remaster by BluePoint and the only that is given, Gran Turismo 7

Top Bottom