• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your way up till today?

Fbh

As far as I remember

WIN 95/98 (DOS games, later on emulators) -> Gameboy Color (The Pokemon Yellow Bundle ) -> Ps1 -> Ps2 -> Nintendo DS Lite -> Xbox 360 -> Ps3 -> 3DS -> WiiU -> Ps4 -> Ps4 Pro -> Switch..

I'm not sure if I got the GBC or Ps1 first

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
In order I purchased and or received

C64
NES
Sega Genisis
SNES
Gameboy
N64
PS1
Gamecube
GBA
PS2
Xbox
GBA SP
PS2 Slim
Nintendo DS
PSP
PS3
PS3 Slim
Xbox Slim
PS Vita
PS4
XBOX 1
3DSXL
XB1S
PS4 Pro
XB1X

All of that and all I currently own is a PC.
Oh snap....we talking versions of system...well let me just make some adjustments to my Xbox 360 entry, cuz RROD had me buying like 2 originals, the slim and the damn elite.

SquillieDee

How was Sega channel in its day?

Man... It was so amazing, I was probably in 6th grade when it came out, I lived in one of the few test city that had access to it. It was like Xbox Game Pass for the Genesis. You plugged a cartridge that looked kind of liked the 32x with a cable wire into the genesis. On the 1st of the month, every month you got 50 new games, you also had a section with demos for games the didn't launch for months. It was one of the best things in gaming imo, I would wake up hours before school on the 1st of the month and game as much as I could, it was fantastic!!!

(PC, continously since late 80's)
Master System
Mega Drive (easily my favorite console of all time)
SNES + NES
(Dreamcast, played very little since I think it sucks)
GameCube
PS3
Wii
Xbox 360
PS4
(Wii U, played mostly Mario Kart, hated the console)
PS4 pro
Xbox One X (Bought it for RDR2, barely touched it since then..)

I've got lots of other consoles as well, but they're mostly for collecting.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Man... It was so amazing, I was probably in 6th grade when it came out, I lived in one of the few test city that had access to it. It was like Xbox Game Pass for the Genesis. You plugged a cartridge that looked kind of liked the 32x with a cable wire into the genesis. On the 1st of the month, every month you got 50 new games, you also had a section with demos for games the didn't launch for months. It was one of the best things in gaming imo, I would wake up hours before school on the 1st of the month and game as much as I could, it was fantastic!!!

How much was it?

Nickolaidas

Banned
Philips Video Pac
ZX spectrum
Amstrad cpc 128
Amiga 500 (& 500 kb ram increase)
PC
Sega Megadrive
Sony Playstation
Sega Dreamcast
Sony Playstation 2
Nintendo Gamecube
Gameboy Advance
X-box
X360
PC
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Playstation 4 Pro
Xbox One X
‐-------------------------
Playstation 5
XSeries X
Switch (pro)

Last edited:

mekes

Started out around 86 with a Commodore 64, used to load games via the cassette tape player. Then moved on to the Amiga 500 and 500+. I remember wanting a Super Nintendo and Street Fighter 2, instead I got Street Fighter 2 on the Amiga. You’d have to insert a different floppy disc to load the next stage!

Eventually I got my SNES. Then a PlayStation and N64. The first console I bought for myself was the Dreamcast, then a ps2, GameCube and Xbox. I also bought a Sony VAIO pc around this time. Having 5 different machines for gaming, being a teenager at the time. I was pretty much working just to afford some games!

I bought a 360 and ps3, built my own pc and got a Wii. Wii is probably the console I most regret buying, I didn’t enjoy it very much. I got the wii u a few years later and actually really enjoyed that console. I bought it late, 3 years after launch or so and immediately picked up most of the recommended games.

This gen I have been mostly PS4, but I have a switch too that I play on 3-4 times a year. I don’t care about owning all consoles anymore, thankfully. I did try getting back into PC gaming and bought a quite ridiculous Aorus laptop for £3000. Sold that laptop a year later for half the money I paid for it.

At this moment in time I’m quite happy to do the majority of my play on PlayStation, and play the odd Nintendo game. My favourite consoles are SNES, PS and PS2.

Kindjal

Atari 2600 -> Atari 2600 clone (my original one died) -> Sega Genesis -> PC (+ SNES + GB) -> Sega Dreamcast (+ PC) -> PS2 (+ PC) -> PSP -> PS3 (+ PC) -> PS Vita -> 3DS -> X360 (+ PC) -> N3DS -> PS4 (+ PC) -> XBOne -> PS4 Pro -> Switch (+ PC)

Sakura

Genesis -> N64 -> Dreamcast -> PS1 -> Xbox -> Gamecube -> PS2 -> Xbox 360 -> Wii -> PS3 -> Wii U -> PS4 -> Saturn -> Switch

Got a SFC too, but don't remember when I bought it.

DonF

I was a wee middle class lad, with a father of lower class brain. "What is that machine, pfff go play football outside, I aint spendin' $100 on that"

So I was that friend that is always in your house, cause you had a nintendo.
My friend who had a nintendo got his super nintendo, and he was so fucking kind that he gave me his nintendo. I couldnt believe it.

Thats how it all started. Battling Dr. Willy, discovering dreamland, soaring the skies thanks to a feather that gave me a raccoon tail (wtf?).
I skipped the super nes cause of that machine. I loved it. To this day, battletoads is my favourite game.
Then I got a N64, it was great, but very limited and fuck! the cartridges were expensive in my country!...way WAY more expensive than...ahem, a pirated PlayStation.

So I got a PlayStation and I was happy. Game were 6 bucks I believe, per disc. I remember getting final fantasy 8 for 20 bucks! This better be good! And it was. Then I got a ps2 the time the slim released, also hacked. Sorry, Sony! I even got broadband and a DVD burner. So I could burn my own games ahoy!

For the next gen, I got a x360, 100% legal, no piracy since. Except for the PSP, oops!

Right now im rocking a ps4 pro and a nintendo switch, both 100% legal no hax or roms. I still use my psp from time to time, completely hacked, and my most played game on that machine is the original NES Battletoads.

Jeeves

NES (eventually sold by parents after we got SNES)
SNES
N64
PS1(briefly)
Gameboy Color (until GBA)
Gamecube
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Dreamcast (Briefly)
DS
NES (toploader)
Wii
DS Lite
Xbox 360 (slim)
PS2
PC (first time I had one worth running many games on)
3DS
Wii U
PS3 (slim)
New 3DS
Switch
PS4
PS Vita

The NES was in the house before I was born and I followed the Nintendo path from there, almost exclusively until the terrible late years of the Wii had me looking to branch out. 360 and PC are still the only non Nintendo systems I amassed much of a library for, though. The PS4 and VIta were inherited and haven't seen much use yet. I still own everything unless otherwise noted.

Consoles I still have hooked up:
Switch, Wii U, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, PS4, PC, N64 (in another room). Along with NES classic and SNES classic. 3DS is still my go-to handheld (I don't like the Switch as a handheld).

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Amstrad CPC 464 -> Amiga 500 -> Amiga CD32 -> PlayStation -> PC -> PSP -> Xbox 360 -> PlayStation 4 & Xbox One

Of course I didn't abandon PC altogether after getting a PSP and a 360, but at the moment I'm playing mostly on PS4. I should also mention that I didn't own any other handhelds (even no Gameboys), because I always liked playing games at home. Even with the PSP I've probably spent 90% time with it without leaving the house.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Atari 8-bit
MSX2
PC
PS1
Dreamcast
PS2
GameCube
PS3
Wii
Wii U
PS4
Switch

I have had a gaming PC throughout all of this, coming out of the home computer scene.

Ingeniero

-NES.
-SNES.
-PC (Pentium III).
-Playstation 1.
-PC again (StarCraft and Counter Strike mostly).
-Xbox 360.
-Playstation 4.
-Gaming Laptop (Battle Royale games and CS:GO mostly)

????????

1990 - Gameboy
1991 - SNES and Game Gear
1996 - N64
1998 - Gameboy Color
2001 - Gamecube and Gameboy Advance
2005 -PSP
2006 - Xbox 360, PS2 and DS Lite
2007 - PS3
2009 - DSi
2010 - Sega Dreamcast (my now wife's, SHE WAS GONNA THROW IT AWAY!!!)
2011 - 3DS
2012 - Wii U, NES, Xbox 360 Slim, PS Vita (Year my child was born, what was I thinking buying all of that....)
2013 - PS4 and 3DS XL
2014 - Xbox One and Sega Genesis
2015 - Turbografx 16, PS TV and "New" 3DS XL
2016 - PS4 Pro
2017 - Nintendo Switch
2018 - Sega Saturn

I've also had a PC through all of that starting with DOS and Windows 3.1 in 1992, I've got all of this setup to play as well

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I started when I was 4 or something, back in 1993
Atari 2600 > Master System > NES > arcade machines > Mega Drive > SNES > PC> N64 > PSX > Game Boy/Color > Saturn > Dreamcast > PS2 > Game Boy Advance > Game Cube > Xbox > Xbox 360 > Nintendo DS > Wii > PS3 > 3DS > Wii U > Xbox One > PS4 > Telejogo (a brazilian Pong console) > Switch

Those in bold are consoles that I had/have

Fun facts:
- My Atari broke, so went to garbage, but I had the controller untill the late 2000's... Then a friend's son broke and also garbage
- My first Mega Drive broke in 2001 I guess, but I got another in 2010 just for nostalgic reasons
- From 1997 to 2002 I played a lot in arcades, and there was consoles there too. My first playtime in PSX, Dreamcast and PS2 was in one of those
- I thought the Saturn played Mega Drive games because of his slot, so I said that to a friend in scholl and he bought one because of this, then he said that didn't work and he got sad because no one wanted a Saturn and there's no games to borrow
- In the same week (or two - it was the year 2000, so I don't recall that much) I played the first Game Boy and Color, both times Pokémon Yellow
- I sold my GBA in 2004 to get the Game Cube that I also sold in 2006. I got a Wii and a GBA SP in 2010
- I played for the first time in the same day the Wii and the PS3 in a local anime event
- I played the Wii U not long after launch and it was just Nintendo Land, and continue like that untill my friend got Mario Kart 8
- I got a PS4 kinda of out of rage. My [ex]girlfriend cheated on me and with the cash that I was saving to take a trip I used all to buy the PS4 and a lot of games in 2014. No regrets
- I got the Telejogo from another [ex]girlfriend that just wanted to give me as a birthday gift. One of the best presents ever
- I bought Super Mario Odyssey before I got the Switch. I got a discount on a pre-sale, and I already had the console in mind, so what the hell?! I bought the game cheaper than it is today

Hmm.....

It all began with PC, specifically the family desktop. Then skip forward, I recall getting a GBA with Super Mario Advance (great remake of a greatly good yet weird game!) Then in terms of home consoles, my mom got me a Gamecube with a Sonic Adventure 2 pack for $20 and a third party memory card with an insane amount of megabytes. From there, I got a 360. After that is where it gets compliacted, because I got various other handhelds and other systems like the Wii U, which is the first console I got with my own money. I got the ZombiU bundle, which came with so much nice extras including an art book for the game, ZombiU, the game itself as a physical copy, a Wii U Pro Controller so one can play the criminally underrated asymmetric multiplayer mode of ZombiU, digital copy of Nintendoland. After the Wii U, I think I got the PS4 slim. Then a year after that, I traded in my Vita and some games for the Switch, thinking Bayo 3 would release soon. Oh and somewhere after getting the Wii U, I got my first desktop meant for PC games for myself! I got it specifically to play The Evil Within for PC, the best version of it imo, on launch day. Don't even get me started on the minis lol. First I got the SNES classic purely because at the time it was a "rarity" and I couldn't pass up owning one. Then after that I got the Playstation mini, which was only $40 so I couldn't pass it up. Then I was super tempted to get the Genesis mini, but instead was inspired to trade in my model 2 Genesis for a model 1 Genesis so that I had the real deal. Oh man I forgot all about the retro consoles too...like the PS2, OG Xbox, SNES. Ah well. But yea hopefully that vastly disorganized post of mine will give an insight into my PC/console history

Top Bottom