• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Youtube channel rotation go-to's for entertainment

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What are some channels that are your go-to's for entertainment? Not news, politics, etc. Just something to make you happy or entertain you when you need it? I always like finding new channels. I find new ones all the time, even ones that have millions of subscribers and I wonder how I never discovered them before. I find myself watching a lot of food-related channels. Not sure why maybe it's because I can't eat certain foods anymore so I'm living vicariously through these people.

Some of mine:

Smooth McGroove - love his a capella renditions of video game music.
Good Mythical Morning - just discovered this channel a month ago. I don't know what it is about those two goofballs, but they entertain me. I find them likable and charming and they just seem like good dudes.
Chris Stuckmann - enjoy his movie reviews
Jeremy Jahns - same
Angry Joe - duh
Joe Rogan - duh
Jim and Sam - the Jim Norton and Sam Roberts show. I'm a big fan of Jim Norton, find him hilarious.
Strictly Dumpling - dude travels the world and tries the best foods from literally all over the world. Mike Chen must travel like 350 days a year, he's a machine.
Sam the Cooking Guy - cooks food and tells you how to do it and is a gregarious personality.
Penn and Teller Fool Us clips - not a specific channel, but I like magic so I Youtube magicians who appear on their show a lot and they have so many impressive magicians.

paparazzo

Wilburgur. I’ve never been a fan of let’s plays or gaming youtubers in general, but found his humor/commentary hilarious, especially in his Oblivion videos.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If I'm on YouTube, potentially rabbit holes, won't turn down your great Joe Rogan videos, funny or die, edbassmaster etc. are fun to watch.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Crontendo
LGR
Dunkey
Vaati
Digital Foundry
Midnight's Edge
RLM
Lindsay Ellis
David Stewart
Errant Signal
Superbunnyhop
MauLer
Screen Rant
Girlfriend Reviews
Angry Joe
JRE Clips
Clownfish TV

Last edited:

Uhtred

My Subscriptions are weird but fun to me, can get lost for hours.:

Paolo from Tokyo
Sarah N Tuned
The Stradman
Harald Baldr
TJ Hunt
Shmee 150
Manny Khoshbin
Strictly Dumpling
Mark Weins
The Food Ranger
Te Report of the Week (Review Brah)
Digital Foundry
Yong Yea
SummitLife
AMMO NYC
SAMCRAC
Doug DeMuro
Bad Lip Reading

but the best is Banshee Moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
first post ❤ Only youtuber that I honestly like. Would love to grab a beer with him
infinite elgintensity is cool too if you’re into sports and like gym fails give him a watch.

I like the editing of his videos, not too much superfluous crap, and he just seems like a very genuinely nice guy with a silly sense of humour. I thought I was going to hate watching competitive eating, but somehow I find his videos incredibly endearing.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
mmaworld probably on the reg, matt stonie (he doesn't really post much tho), emma chamberlain (her sh!t is funny sometimes), Marques Brownlee has some nice tech videos, shawstrength & joe rogan sometimes, dog/animal videos, i watch a lot of random recommended stuff

Doom85

I'm not into LP's generally, but I can always rewatch Best Friends Play LPs. Particularly their ones of Resident Evil games, Silent Hill games, and Soulsborne games. It's such a huge timesink admittedly but whatever, I get enjoyment out of them plus I'll keep it to one video max per day so that's only 30-45 minutes usually.

TrainedRage

Banned
Rambalac - Walking tours of Japan...

PewDiePie
DrDisrespect
LA Beast

Night Mind - Summary and analysis of creepy or weird YouTube stuff

Atheism-is-Unstoppable - Current events and commentary

RedLetterMedia
Mister Metokur (whenever the lazy-ass decides to stream)
Kiwi Farms
Cinema Snob (mostly his old content)
TeamFourStar
Friedrich Knudsen
Mauler
Meti Not the Bad Guy
Fither
PlagueOfGripes
Styxhexenhammer666

So yeah, weebshit, wierdshit critics, drama, dash of politics. Pretty normal.

Lrnex

Jim Sterling, ReviewTechUSA, It’sAGundam, stuff like that is easy just to listen to like a podcast at work. I’m mostly a slave to the Recommended algorithm though.

Technology Connections is one I found recently with the help of the algorithm. He does well-researched and scripted videos on various topics (old media formats, lightbulbs, stop/turn signals, space heaters, etc). They’re really thorough and I love his style of delivery.

JBat

Good mythical morning is part of my morning routine. I love those guys. Their fancy fast food videos are some of my favorites.

I also keep up with:
game grumps
binging with babish
how to drink
What culture. I'm a sucker for list videos

Harlock

Techoman
Technology Connections
8-bit Guy
Ya Boi Zack (diversity comics)
Anton Petov (space)
Scot Manley (also space)

Coconutt

I like to watch movie reviews and my 2 current favorites are RedLetterMedia and Double Toasted. I recently found Double Toasted and I think there definitely up there with RedLetterMedia.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Being the Elite
Sammy Guevara
Switch up
Digital foundry
What culture wrestling and gaming
Tiny house documentaries
Maximus Ironthumper
Nintendolife videos
NHK documentaries
Electroboom
My mate vince
Colin furze

Cinema sins

TacosNSalsa

Some tech channels : none of these guys start of with "What's up guys..." which is a HUUUGGGEEE plus in my book
Linus Tech Tips
Hardware Unboxed
Science Studio (Greg Salazar)
Gamer's Nexus
Tech Deals

Gaming:
Extra Creditz
World of Longplays
Survival Horror Network
MxR Mods
Worth a Buy

Movies:
Found Flix
Decker Shado
Cinmeasins
Flimscomics explained

Random:
The Report of the Week
Because Science
Caribbean Pot
Optibotimus
SciShow
Variant Comics
Comics Explained

GymWolf

Random madness for some videogame gore review
Cohhcarnage the only streamer i follow
Mma world and some other mma channel
Mojahed fudailat
Some conan o'brien
Roe jogan show
channels with 90s dance music

Last edited:
I'm partial to BagelBoy's hard-to-describe humor although he doesn't upload very often.

I also love 80s-90s music

Lately I've been enjoying channels that make videos from reddit threads

Codes 208

-game grumps
-oneyplays
-pbggamer

the vanoss crew:
-h20delirious
-basicallyidowrk
-vanossgaming
-terroriser

-achievementhunters
-roosterteeth animated

-something about series

-teamfourstar

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Banned
Please note that this is by no means a comprehensive list, is listed in no particular order, and will probably be added to.

Gaming:
TetraBitGaming - Discusses unused content and old game prototypes.
Shesez - Uses freecam programs in videogames, letting you see games out of their usual boundaries.
Designing For - Does some analysis on certain aspects of games and their design.
Joseph Anderson - Long-form video game analysis/critique.
Stryder7x - Paper Mario aficionado, shows off many glitches, bugs, and programming quirks of Paper Mario.
Alpha Beta Gamer - Does gameplay of obscure indie games (mostly horror) without commentary.
GameHut - Man who worked on a lot of games, and gives insight into how they were programmed, as well as showing off unfinished or unused content.
Retro Game Mechanics Explained - Name explains itself.

Info:
Forgotten Weapons - Shows off guns, most of them old and obscure, and discusses their history and their mechanical quirks.
Shadiversity - Discusses medieval weapons, medieval fighting, and the realism of fictional fights that use swords and medieveal weaponry.
Brave Wilderness - Shows off cool or interesting animals, and usually gets bitten or stung by them (on purpose).
Justin Whang - Discusses internet phenomena.
Rob Gavagan (formerly Rob Dyke) - Discusses serial killers and their crimes.
Fredrick Knudsen - Also discusses internet phenomena.
Real Life Lore - Discusses interesting things related to topics like geography and historical geopolitics.

rykomatsu

Demolition Ranch
Off the Ranch
Vet Ranch
^---honestly, I like how Matt Carriker puts together his videos

The Dodo - love their pitbull series
Wendover Productions
Half as Interesting
Mentour Pilot
Captain Joe
thunderf00t

All other stuff just comes on while YouTube is on autoplay.

Last edited:
penn & teller fool us clips are a great dive

I mostly rely on algos. I go through a lot of comedy clips. Just watched a bunch of vids of Andrew Schulz doing audience interactions.

A ton of car vids as well. TheStraightPipes, Doug Demuro and TFL. I also like to watch the history of car brand docs.

Combining the two, there's a lot of Top Gear clip videos.

Also, the major ones like JRE, RLM and such. I don't watch many gaming YTers. Just Dunkey and that's mostly for the character of Dunkey. I feel I can summarize or know more than most gaming YTers, so I guess its a snobbery thing. I do watch the music reaction videos as well. Got a shoutout once on Los in Vegas. I do watch the retro dive channels. Game Sack and Metal Jesus. I do it mostly to get some retro game recommendations that I may have missed.

I also like Explaining Computers, who I recommend if you are getting into SBC projects.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I hope All Gas No Brakes is going to get big.

That guy is on my wavelength :D

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
DJ Vlad
The Breakfast Club
Mr H Reviews
Lazy Masquerade
Minty Comedic Arts
Comic Tropes
No Jumper

Sometimes AVGN/Cinemassacre and I'll watch Super Eye Watch Wolf's latest video if it interests me which if it's about wrestling totally doesn't. Just got onto the Critical Drinker as well who is p entertaining shitting on bad nerd media.

Top Bottom