• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You're a WHAT!?" Nier Gestalt|Replicant |OT|

God I want to play this game so bad ,but I have to wait till may ,but by then there will be so much games I need to buy!

DAMN YOU VIDEO GAMES!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This game manages to look more random than FF13 ... wow. Can't say I'm interested, but I thought it wasn't PC to use the word "hermaphrodite" instead of intersexed.

The trailers are so confusing :lol

KTallguy

Banned
As I expected, it has some awesome ideas... like the inside of the buildings and stuff. The combat looks sort of interesting, and I like when it goes top down, makes the game feel more strategic.

Maybe I'll pick it up for 2000 yen! :D

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The Take Out Bandit said:
51lpv.jpg

Damn.

MNC

This shit is all over the place :lol I still like them designs alot.

AND NOOOO SHE BE HERMAPHRODITE

batbeg

Want this badly, but I'm trying to save my money for a new house right now, and am only allowing myself to get Galaxy 2 any time soon :(

Beezy

Could've done without the ass shots in the OP...

I still have no hope for this game, but I can't wait for the soundtrack.

obonicus

hateradio said:
This game manages to look more random than FF13 ... wow. Can't say I'm interested, but I thought it wasn't PC to use the word "hermaphrodite" instead of intersexed.

Intersexed are real people, hermaphrodites are more fantasy creatures, sorta like unicorns.

Dyno

It looks like there's fishing! I haven't gone video game fishing in years!

I would consider this IF the fighting action is silky smooth. I am not suffering through another convoluted and pointless Japanese story if the fighting is janky.

Cornbread78

ULTROS! said:
I just noticed the pics of dickgirl has no crotch shots. They're all butt shots. :lol

Yeah, she has a flat a$$ too. Must be a carpenters dream girl. Needs a little roundness there.....although, she is a little "different" :D

Anyhow, I put down the $5 reservation fee months ago, in hopes this would turn out to be good, evenrything I've heard thus far has painted this game as a convoluted mess... I can;t wait until the review come out, I'll probably take my $5 back from GS and buy Larry Suit for $10 (JK) :lol

Great OP, I'm so getting this!

Dragengard was censored for the western release, I hope Nier is uncut?

Dogenzaka said:
I know. I meant if you can see a crotch bulge on her in the game.

Fear not, judging from the gameplay footage I've seen, she appears to be well hung! (Might be my mind playing tricks on me though) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2eI1j9J3v4

obonicus said:
Intersexed are real people, hermaphrodites are more fantasy creatures, sorta like unicorns.

0000035791_20061116111114.jpg

JDS 1977

Banned
Oh man, They made Bulletwitch too. I bought that used a while back since the concept sounded cool and the witch looked sweet with the broom gun and everything.

but my god it was awful and I had to Ebay it since it was so repetitive and bland. I think I only made it to the airplane part.

This game looks kinda like it might suffer the same fate. But here's hoping anyway.

JonStark said:
I posted int he other otpic, but will still ask here : the game is out in 3 days, still no reviews ?

Not much hype behind it :(

GAME actually sent my pre-order today so I should have it tomorrow.

Ridley327

We got our strategy guides in for the game today and I took a casual glance at the requirements for the endings and one of them is the most evil thing ever just for the fact that it
erases your save file after viewing it.
(not a story related spoiler, but one that could count as a surprise)

I expect the contents of that ending to be even more insane than Drakengard's Ending E. :lol :lol :lol

Ridley327 said:
We got our strategy guides in for the game today and I took a casual glance at the requirements for the endings and one of them is the most evil thing ever just for the fact that it

I expect the contents of that ending to be even more insane than Drakengard's Ending E. :lol :lol :lol

How many endings ?

squall211

Ridley327 said:
They're mentioned in the op in the achievement section, but there's a total of
four. Ending D is the one that nukes your save files.

Couldn't you just
backup your files to a memory stick then recopy them to your ps3/360 after viewing that ending? Or are the saves locked?

Sacha

Ridley327 said:

I'm so getting that ending. Since it's
the final one and you probably have to do everything you possibly can in the game
, I guess it makes sense. I love this kind of shit, it has to be fuckin' mindblowing
after seeing that ending

Ridley327

One important thing to mention about it:
Ending C and Ending D come down a choice you have to make at the end of the game. Also, it seems like you'll need to play through the game at least twice through to be able to get access to that content; possibly more, as the guide doesn't specify. It seems like that every time you beat the game, it unlocks more backstory scenes for each of the characters.
By the time you get to that point, though, you should have everything else done as far as achievements/trophies are concerned.

Axiom

I don't know why the hell I'm so interested in this game. Due to the early PAL release there's no 'talk me out of it' reviews hitting.

There are advantages to getting things late sometimes, to your wallet.

I think I'm just starved for crazy Japanese games like we had on the PS2, but the only ones they release these days tend to be balls hard.

Top Bottom