• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're given $5 billion to buy Sega or Konami. Who are you choosing?

Who would you buy?

• Sega

Votes: 171 63.8%
  • Konami

Votes: 97 36.2%

• Total voters

ZoukGalaxy

I buy Konami and give it to Sony Studios and revive Castlevania Lords of Shadow and make a Super Castlevania V
(And I do not forget to call Castlevania LOS extraordinary musics composer: Óscar Araujo)

Sega is fine on its own

Last edited:

lachesis

Ooh.. my first love (Konami in 80s MSX days) vs 2nd love( in mid 90s to early 2000s)

I will go with Sega though.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Konami, because MGS is better than everything Sega has. Such a legendary ip shouldn't be treated the way it is.
how are you gonna make a new good entry in MGS when the guy who made the franchise what it is wants nothing to do with your publisher?

unless you're buying MGS to sell to Sony or Kojima Prod in which case good call :messenger_ok:

Last edited:
My first console was the Mega Drive, so I'm Sega for life! Hoping for Sega to make a comeback with a Switch-style, next-gen OLED handheld capped at 1440p, 60fps and with long battery life.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
fuck it i'd buy sega just to get their hardware division back up and start making legendary arcade hardware again. Get the support of the US miltary back, Nvidia's best engineers, and make arcades more powerful than the 4090 with games that make cyberpunk look like Mario 64

not consoles tho fuck that

how are you gonna make a new good entry in MGS when the guy who made the franchise what it is wants nothing to do with your publisher?

unless you're buying MGS to sell to Sony or Kojima Prod in which case good call :messenger_ok:

It's all hypothetical anyway but yeah, ideally it would go back to kojima productions, with Sony publishing and funding it.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I am surpirsed that so many people voted Konami.
i'm surprised Sega's currently leading the poll, you'd think people's love of MGS and Silent hill would make konami the easy winner but i guess people hate pachinkos more than they love konami's golden age, lmao

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
i'm surprised Sega's currently leading the poll, you'd think people's love of MGS and Silent hill would make konami the easy winner but i guess people hate pachinkos more than they love konami's golden age, lmao
I love Mgs, but it is a thing from the past. And Konami is dead today. Sega is still kicking.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sega and it's not even close. As well as the classic Sega IPs (Sonic, Yakuza etc) you also get other huge franchises such as Football Manager and Total War.

Aion002

Sega for sure.

Konami without Kojima, Igarashi, Team Silent and the creators of Suikoden is just worthless to me.

flying_sq

Sega, they're pretty big in PC strategy games, maybe the biggest right now and own both Relic and Creative Assembly. The company is low key just really good at picking and publishing games. You don't realize how much stuff they do until you check a wiki. If you followed gaming news, you'd just think they drop a crappy sonic game every couple of years and live on that.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Konami, i would then shut them down.
hey dude nicksplat GIF

We have 2 of those Pachinko machines given as Chrismas gifts. White Elephant gift. Set them up plug em in and have fun for about an hour before you realize you could be watching stuff on Disney+ instead.

No. This is a Brewster's Million scenario but instead of money you get great IPs.
So if the goal is to lose the 5 million in 30 days. Konami is my pick.

Ulysses 31

DeadlyPlushCowrie-size_restricted.gif

Just getting them to make HD remasters or remakes of their SNES era titles would be fantastic.

And we need a modern entry of this 👀👀👀

iu

Last edited:
Top Bottom