• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

YouTube censoring liberal meltdowns?

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
One of my favorite videos to come out of the 2016 election was the TYT Election Meltdown. If you haven't seen it and can find it I'd highly suggest you watch it, it's really funny. Hell, any of the compilations were hilarious. Today I decided I'd revisit those old videos and couldn't find them. Hell I couldn't find really ANY compilations of the 2016 meltdowns at all.

This video is a 1 minute summary of pretty much what I'm talking about. What the hell YouTube?

Found this which I guess is good too, but I had to Google search it as it won't show on YouTube itself. Is this 1984?

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
I have seen that TYT meltdown come up in my suggestions within the last month. However if I search for it in youtube I can't find it even though the autocomplete for TYT first response is "TYT meltdown". If you go to a general google search TYT meltdown is the 5th or 6th autocomplete response and when you search that it is the first response. How in the world would anyone trust these assholes?

RokkanStoned

Jan 14, 2018
Norway
Tried to search and yeah, the results were so bad, that something weird seems to be going on. Even searching specific terms, it ended up showing results that don't match the exact terms, with me finding one video doing so many videos down.
I think I know partially why it happens. First of all, all verified channels are getting fronted, even if it doesn't match the search term. Also, when it comes to autocomplete, it seems it severely limits "young turks" searches. I don't know if that's to their benefit, because generally The Young Turks seem repressed in the search results. Perhaps it's because of the very controversial nature of the real "Young Turks", though it might be something else, like favorizing traditional media. Or even more sinister, a corporatocratic (and crony capitalist) dystopia in the works. I believe many have already spoken about it, but it's not just conservatives getting censored on YouTube, progressives are as well.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Google needs to be broken up into about 5 separate companies. They hold way to much power.
That's the difficulty of corporations. Even if you break them up they still will have the same ownership. And no one wants to take money away from billionaires.

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
The only thing I've ever had a challenge finding on Youtube was a full democratic debate. You'll find 50 different "top moments," but that's it.

No way they have an agenda

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, there were some great compilations right after the election, there was one that made me laugh so hard i cried. I couldn't seem to find it anymore.

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
There really is an interesting argument for when a company's product should stop being considered their private property that they can do with as they please if that product has become a general utility for public speech and thought. Why should a business get to determine what information gets passed down to the majority of the world who uses their product? Shit's getting scary.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
I thought everyone knew this after people posted youtube "not in your country" messages when they tried pulling up the 2016 meltdown videos if the algorithm had their accounts trending right-wing.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Whew. For a minute there I thought this video was taken down.

Nice comment at the top.
XSquibX2 weeks ago
She's one of the reasons why people voted for Trump.
I usually like to talk to folks with really different opinions but just from this video you can tell this person has an I.Q somewhere in the Forest range and would be wholly unproductive.

Just best to pat them on the head and move on.

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
That's one of Dame Pesos' videos:

He's one of the channels I archive, so there is that if he gets banned.
Haha, highly amusing. Shows the bubble these retards live in.

Help me obi-one-impechement, you’re my only hope in 2020.

Oct 26, 2018
I thought everyone knew this after people posted youtube "not in your country" messages when they tried pulling up the 2016 meltdown videos if the algorithm had their accounts trending right-wing.
Democrats should be embarrassed that despite the constant left leaning news sites all ganging up on Trump, and even social media sites fudging algorithms, Trump still won.

Just image how much more he would be ahead if the news was unbiased.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
A lot of the good shit got deleted, but I archived most of my favorites. Just went back and watched a few of them, and organized them a little better.

I'm a fucking digital hoarder lol I need to make a bitchute for some of this.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Tesseract

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Yo, lemme get a link.

They are all on my HDD, unfortunately.

They would probably get taken off of YouTube pretty quick (one uses a Naruto OP, another a Jojo OP, etc.) and probably got added to whatever hashing filtering system they use. That's why I need to make a bitchute.

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
Ok finally find some old ones...but they are now all on the 3rd page down of results....

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006

It's taking them a long time to upload for some reason. This is my favorite just because it hits most of the meme notes of the election.

Also a good one. You have to know the original OP to get an, ah, offensive part, but it's a joke on Shigechi. I like it because it feels like a campaign ad if made by a weeb.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Why would Youtube censor one of the most entertaining things to watch? My fave from the last election was the fatty screaming into the camera that she was going to have a heart attack or whatever and that someone needed to fix this shit RITE NAO regarding Trump winning LOL. Please don't take away the laughs, YT.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Yep, I just searched and watched it a few weeks ago, but when I did the same thing just now, I had to scroll through about 100 recommendations until it showed up.

Google must be shitting bricks about 2020. Suck a fat one you mindless cunts.

• Love
Reactions: infinitys_7th

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018

I am not American and found this hilarious. How can these people exist?
Yea man, those 2016 elections where a real rollercoast carnival ride. Almost surreal for outsiders :p.

The echo chambers where real over there.

Last edited:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

I am not American and found this hilarious. How can these people exist?
That's what happens when you've been patted on the head and told how great you are............................. then reality smacks you right dead in the face. They deluded themselves so bad to the point they thought they were never going to lose another election hence all the tantrums (that are even still ongoing today 3 years after the election :messenger_tears_of_joy: ). There was no way they were going to lose. The media, Hollywood, the "progressive" bubble told them so.

Reactions: Scopa

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
Just found this a guy that predicted trumps win and explains why. Pretty good video. U can also see how smart trump really is when it comes with fightning in a political arena and how hillary basically got played completely.

It's all about reprogramming those npc's. The black lady at tehe end 13:10 or something basically gives you a good idea on how brainwashed those people are in hating something or liking something. She's completely against trump yet likes all his points until she knows its trump.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

Mohonky

Jan 19, 2007
Not a Trump fan, even Hillary would have been better (though in saying that, Trump has been useful in exposing many of the flaws of the US government and the hypocrisies carried out by the democrats) but I had a feeling Trump would win

Watching the meltdowns is something else though, seeing people who lived in their own little self affirming bubbles who thought that shit came from nowhere.....but instead of looking at why, they've just doubled down on that bullshit.