• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube is changing the way it moderates violent video game content

Mista

Banned
H2x1_NSwitchDS_YouTube_image1600w.jpg

YouTube is changing up how it previously moderate violent video game content.

Starting today, video game violence will be treated by YouTube the same way any scripted content is treated. That mean fewer restrictions for violence in gaming, with future game uploads requiring only approval instead of being age-restricted.

Google will still continue to protect viewers from videos of real-world violence, however.

YouTube Representative:
“We know there’s a difference between real-world violence and scripted or simulated violence – such as what you see in movies, TV shows, or video games. So we want to make sure we’re enforcing our violent or graphic content policies consistently.”

And the company says it may still age-restrict content if violent or gory imagery is the sole focus of the video. For example, if the video focuses entirely on the most graphically violent part of a video game. That being said, these changes have no effect on advertiser guidelines, so some particularly gratuitous depictions of violence in video games still may face limited or no ads.

Saber

Gold Member
If they could only tone down the abusive amount if ads. My TV has so much ads that sometimes the app stops or simply exits. Not to mention on my pc, can't see a short video without it warning me about hundreds of ads. Very annoying.

Mista

Banned
If they could only tone down the abusive amount if ads. My TV has so much ads that sometimes the app stops or simply exits. Not to mention on my pc, can't see a short video without it warning me about hundreds of ads. Very annoying.
They didn't introduce "Premium" for them to tone down the amount of ads bro. Greedy world we live in, thats whats up.

RedVIper

Banned

Ads thrown in mid sentence really fucks me off.. its ok on PC with adblock, but on my TV or iPad...

Fuz

Banned

Saber

Gold Member

Thanks you both, gonna try on my pc. The reason I don't have one is that the last one I used to have stop blocking youtube ads completelly(don't remember the name though).

Anyway, not sure will help the case of my tv though. Its so terrible on tv that now as soon as it starts, a big fucking ad just shows up(similar to the pc).

Last edited:

Buki1

Does it mean Devorah will have a break from being an only victim in every Mortal Kombat 11 finisher video since the release?

Last edited:
Top Bottom