• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube is now issuing Community Guidelines strikes and warnings for Playlists.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
iu

Can we expect the Watch Later playlist go away now? Because, technically, that's a playlist and if other's videos are on it, that won't make sense.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
They are determined to destroy what they have.

The amusing thing is, they will create a rival platform purely through their own actions.

It will happen. Just going to take someone with a lot of money, a brain and balls.

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
There's some very important context missing:

The playlist in question was a collection of those videos of kids with creepy pedophile comments on them. She was ostensibly trying to help YouTube, but it's not surprising that YouTube would ask her to take it down -- the whole problem was that people were creating a sort of ad hoc pedophile ring through playlists and comments. A public playlist was basically a one-stop shop for those creeps, even if it was created with noble intentions.

I know some people here like to fantasize about YouTube being evil incarnate, but I'd say it was correctly erring on the side of caution here.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I know some people here like to fantasize about YouTube being evil incarnate
There is nothing fantastical about it.

It is so blatant that Google even used the motto “Don’t Be Evil” in a delightful example of epic trolling. The idiots lap it up.

The amusing thing is, they will create a rival platform purely through their own actions.

It will happen. Just going to take someone with a lot of money, a brain and balls.

There are platforms out there, but it's full of cringy QAnon/conspiracy/nationalism stuff.

Its bad, but it makes sense why they would do this. You can put playlists on your channel with other peoples videos, and that's sometimes used to get around shadow banning and censorship.

Top Bottom