• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

Now this is good reporting on the subject! No unnecessary quick cuts after every sentence, no tooting your own horn with unnecessary clip that calls you a hero. And not using this to make a comedy video, where the humour overshadows the tragedy. I've done this maybe 5 times ever, but I clicked that like button!

What a great kid.

Cute as hell when he finally got the pun. But little man called months ago

I also got it just from his video. :p

eot

Banned
I don't know what's more messed up, those two idiots thinking it's a good idea to film this stuff and put it on YouTube, or them being proved 'right' by making money off it.

Vuze

Holy shit, just watched the h3h3 recap. What in the hell is wrong with these "parents" and how come nobody has reported this mental (and seemingly also physical) abuse to authorities yet? Absolutely insane. Imagine having to live there as a kid with nowhere to go in constant fear of getting yelled at "for the lulz", your schoolmates watching you getting humilated on a daily basis without anything you can do against it... incredible.

Just watched the H3H3 video and this is absolutely terrifying shit. Their kids should be taken away and I'm serious.
First, I was like "oh it's gonna be some innocent prank" and a few seconds later they were shouting at this little kid until he started crying. The worst thing is, that this was not just a one time thing but they did these videos on a regular basis. I really feel for Cody.

Fuck those guys.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
daddy_o_five_cody_blood_3_by_digi_matrix-db6klbg.png

daddy_o_five_cody_blood_by_digi_matrix-db6kkhp.png

daddy_o_five_cody_blood_2_by_digi_matrix-db6kkhs.png

The dad says it's a scab and red ink.
Christ, the kid's arms. They're beating the shit out of him. How is this only just now coming to light. I can't believe his teachers didn't notice all the bruises, and the chances of them being aware of the youtube channel seem pretty high.

Some clips in here I hadn't seen. Jesus Christ. What happens off camera?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOVrrL5KtsM

Might be an important video in the future for reference

WORST DAD ON YOUTUBE: How repulsive was the hidden content of Daddyofive?

Jesus fucking christ... So hard to watch and it gets worst
https://youtu.be/QOVrrL5KtsM?t=241

This video needs to be added to the op. It does the best job of explaining the whole ordeal. It also might make some of you sick, so be warned.

yea, I'm pretty sure he's right. They say its fake though. So ya know.

You would think that if this "fake" the guy would have some unedited videos to show cut/edited footage (though this looks like total lazy shit of abusing kids and then throwing it up on YT and calling it "pranks") to show some preparation or well anything just in case this came up.

Christ, the kid's arms. They're beating the shit out of him. How is this only just now coming to light. I can't believe his teachers didn't notice all the bruises, and the chances of them being aware of the youtube channel seem pretty high.

Are we sure his parents even let him go to school?

Jesus fucking christ... So hard to watch and it gets worse

didn't even saw all the bruises before... how is this possible? Are the social services that blind? The teachers at his school too? Really hope something will be done! Apparently the police has been notified but.... it doesn't seem to help at all

and what's pissing me off right now are all the cunts subscribed to that channel, giving it views, enjoying all the abuse.

FUCK.

Chuckie

and what's pissing me off right now are all the cunts subscribed to that channel, giving it views, enjoying all the abuse.

FUCK.

This too. It all makes me so fucking sick. The father abusing his kids and enjoying it immensely...and the people who enjoy watching this filth.

God...it would be really hard to restrain myself if I met that guy.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Holy shit, this is 100% the best video on this. I didn't realize it was this extreme in how bad it was, I had seen the gif and this topic throughout the day, but this video is mortifying and both goes more in depth and shows how horrifying this is than any other. Like all the others seem like small skims over all the footage this one shows, like fuck.

Like this video makes it clear without a shadow of a doubt there's abuse going on, and does the biggest delve into it to really show the whole picture. And it's worse than I even thought from seeing the gif and a couple videos earlier.

Fliesen

Uhm, as a sidenote. What the fuck is this channel? The production value is off the roof - i mean, that outro sequence?

And they're at <10k subs?

Man, I can't stop thinking about this. Cody looks a little bit like one of my younger brothers (same age probably) and it really makes me sad whenever I think about. I don't know how anyone who has ever met a child can accept the excuse that the videos are scripted or exaggerated.

Froli

But seriously, what can we do about this?

Youtube money is gone now, and I feel things will only get worse if there no intervention from authorities.

TheContact

Holy shit, this is 100% the best video on this. I didn't realize it was this extreme in how bad it was, I had seen the gif and this topic throughout the day, but this video is mortifying and both goes more in depth and shows how horrifying this is than any other. Like all the others seem like small skims over all the footage this one shows, like fuck.

Like this video makes it clear without a shadow of a doubt there's abuse going on, and does the biggest delve into it to really show the whole picture. And it's worse than I even thought from seeing the gif and a couple videos earlier.

As despicable as this is, a very small part of me initially believed that in front of the cameras they acted differently and just put on a show. This video puts that belief to rest. I hope these kids get help. This is abuse recorded with absolute proof. It's pure evidence for child services to come in and separate this family and lock the dad up for an extended period of time. It's for the best at this point. I feel really bad for cody mostly

Just how fucking dismissive and trivialising the parents are of Cody's reactions is what makes my blood boil. It's deliberately downplaying the cruelty of their actions by wrapping it up in the veneer of a joke. Thus, Cody is in the wrong for overreacting to what he can only perceive as the actual, clear cruelty of his parents.

Fuck the Martins.

Nivash

Uhm, as a sidenote. What the fuck is this channel? The production value is off the roof - i mean, that outro sequence?

And they're at <10k subs?

Looks like a New Media company of some kind, that probably explains the unusually high production values. They didn't start out organically as most tubers - I'm pretty sure they have backers and a full staff behind it. They have a webpage too:

https://nerd.city

Also a Facebook page that seems to have gone active in February last year, same time as the YouTube channel. I'm getting the impression that they're still searching for a business model, they started with some skits and general "geeky" stuff on their FB and site before going more heavily into this meta-YouTube stuff on their channel. Can't find anything more about the people behind it, which isn't entirely unexpected to be honestly.

Just how fucking dismissive and trivialising the parents are of Cody's reactions is what makes my blood boil. It's deliberately downplaying the cruelty of their actions by wrapping it up in the veneer of a joke. Thus, Cody is in the wrong for overreacting to what he can only perceive as the actual, clear cruelty of his parents.

Fuck the Martins.

Yup, textbook gaslighting. The way they emotionally manipulate the kids is even worse than the physical stuff. The one where the dad smashed the youngest kid's Xbox just to give him a new one is chilling, the kid practically broke trying to understand why his dad would torture him for no reason. That shit is going to ruin at least some of these kids long-term if it isn't stopped.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
untitledq3qox.jpg

JUST A PRANK BREH!!!

1ewp0d.jpg

Chuckie

Why do I even return to this thread. It makes me sicker and madder everytime I enter.

Those pictures are just heart breaking :(

Saganator

These poor kids. Only reason I check on this thread is to see if that "mom" and "dad" have been thrown in jail with their kids taken away from them. I hope a loving family can take them in and show them what love is.

What city are these people in? Shame on the local child services and if no one at their school spoke up about the signs of abuse all over Cody, shame on them too.

maybe submit a tip to crimestoppers local to their area?

Based on the stuff I've seen in articles online, it almost certainly has been reported to multiple counties here in MD, including the one they actually live in (Frederick).

I don't think there's much more the internet can do now.

dakun

My mind was constantly on this channel again over night because i couldn't stop thinking about it.
Alot of people, including me, were on Youtube's case because they didn't react quickly enough. And while that's true, i have to say i'm kinda of the mindset that there is a benefit to this having to blow up first before Youtube did something.

I mean the worst case scenario would be, in my opinion, that the channel gets shut down by Youtube before it gets noticed by anyone. This leading to this case of child abuse going unnoticed, because it's not like it would stop without the videos.

Yes it took too long for it to get noticed (700K subscribers and barely anyone gave a shit. WTF) but then again i'd rather have child abusers be exposed (sooner of course) rather than to vanish into the unknown where they continue with their shit.

Am i missing something?

Saganator

My mind was constantly on this channel again over night because i couldn't stop thinking about it.
Alot of people, including me, were on Youtube's case because they didn't react quickly enough. And while that's true, i have to say i'm kinda of the mindset that there is a benefit to this having to blow up first before Youtube did something.

I mean the worst case scenario would be, in my opinion, that the channel gets shut down by Youtube before it gets noticed by anyone. This leading to this case of child abuse going unnoticed, because it's not like it would stop without the videos.

Yes it took too long for it to get noticed (700K subscribers and barely anyone gave a shit. WTF) but then again i'd rather have child abusers be exposed (sooner of course) rather than to vanish into the unknown where they continue with their shit.

Am i missing something?

If you ask me, the local authorities are the ones who dropped the ball. Sounds like they've been "investigated" at least once before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom