• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Have only slightly kept up with this but I've seen them backpedal so much so try and minimize this. They're losing a grip on what their story should be.

Tagyhag

All their videos have been taken down, except for one where they try to explain their actions (Again, without actually apologizing).

I would hope this would be the end but I wouldn't be surprised if Cody is later blamed by the parents.

Even if we pretend that claim isn't obviously bullshit, though? Nah.

I haven't watched too much of this crap but it seems to me that these experiences could easily be traumatic for a child even if you did tell them it was a "game," not gonna entertain their argument there

Like, okay...

Let's say even if the kids didn't appear to be clearly NOT acting

Does this guy, the same guy who is screaming about HATERS and how if you don't like his YouTube channel you're a dumbass hater, does he strike you as the type that would cover all the bases to make sure nothing bad could possibly happen to one of the kids beforehand?

dc3k

He's blaming Philip DeFranco for all of the bad things that are happening to him. Amazing. They seem to truly believe they've done nothing wrong.

Boke1879

Have only slightly kept up with this but I've seen them backpedal so much so try and minimize this. They're losing a grip on what their story should be.

It's because it's blowing up. They've deleted all the videos on their channel and now the story is all the videos were fake.

That's bull. They are taking this stance now because they've become a hot issue and the damages are far greater than losing a youtube channel.

Nepenthe

Just watched deeper into Defranco's video.

Can someone please get Cody out of there?! Poor baby. These parents are shit.

Phu

Banned
LITERALLY just got done watching Phil's videos on this and watched their "apology" video.

This is abuse. That push to the shelf isn't a prank.

Having the kids slap their sister for some game? These parents need to be investigated.

The apology video is so dumb, too, how they make it a point to have the kids say they aren't abused. The power dynamics are so tilted there would never be a scenario where the kids are like 'yeah, please send help' and also have it actually get uploaded if it got that far.

Boke1879

Like, okay...

Let's say even if the kids didn't appear to be clearly NOT acting

Does this guy, the same guy who is screaming about HATERS and how if you don't like his YouTube channel you're a dumbass hater, does he strike you as the type that would cover all the bases to make sure nothing bad could possibly happen to one of the kids beforehand?

He thought uploading a video of one of his kids slapping their sister was a good idea.

Tagyhag

He's blaming Philip DeFranco for all of the bad things that are happening to him. Amazing. They seem to truly believe they've done nothing wrong.

Yep, I'm not a fan of DeFranco but his video was great, and clearly spelled out what was going on.

If you get angry because someone is worried about you abusing your children based on actual video evidence, you're the bad guy.

Also, the fact that the other kid said "At least you don't beat us like other parents" clearly shows what's going on. When you're that young, you pretty much believe everything your parent tells you, and if they say "We're just having harmless fun, other parents beat their kids! You're so lucky to have us" you're not going to fight it.

Yeah they're torturing these kids. Those vids are fucked. I'm not a father but I can'timagine pushing my child, letting them take so much abuse for myself or my siblings or literally bring them to the point of sobbing through my lies. At this point the kids are cash cows to the parents and they've lost themselves.

Maxinas

"but you are putting our family in real danger. You are putting the kids that you think you are helping in real danger."

Ok buddy, sure. Does this mean youtube was their only source of income or what?

Belfast

Jesus fuck. There are so many things wrong with this. Even if you could explain away part of it, there's still always some layer of this that could be peeled back and it would still be wrong in some context.

--It's just a prank, bruh, but you're abusing your kids.
--You're not abusing your kids, but you're exploiting them for money.
--You're exploiting them for money, but they get cool things.
--They get cool things, but are being taught that a small reward is worth what they're being put through.
--What they're being put through isn't that bad, but in the chase for more and more views, the pranks and abuse will escalate.
--They're okay with the pranks escalating, because that's just how things work in this family (sibling do fight and get into shit with each other, on camera or not), but these kids will then take the "prank" mentality outside the house to school or to inflict upon other children/people/friends who are not a part of this scheme.

And, perhaps the most cardinal sin of all. The same sort of real issue that has seen people like PDP and JonTron come under fire: it's not actually that funny. You're not comedians. There's no writing involved. There's no clever insight into the nature of people or the dark aspects of an uncaring universe. There is no underlying truth being revealed or context being considered.

There is simply the bare minimum of an "idea" taken to its extreme without a second thought.

This channel really boils down to nothing more than "let's fuck with our kids for money."

I think the dad's definition of prank must be "sure he actually got his ass kicked, that part was real, the prank part is just that he didn't actually do anything wrong to deserve it like we made him believe. So after I beat the shit out of him o told him i was just kidding and not to worry because I wasn't mad"

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
YouTube has ruined pranks. I've seen all manner of horrible "pranks" but this one takes the cake.

Bro, it's just a social experiment to see what happens to a kid when both of his parents bully him for strangers. Chill, bro.

Boke1879

I feel for all of the kids no doubt, but you can't help but pay a bit closer to cody.

Like look at how he's treated, look at his reaction to it all. Listen to how his own fucking parent's talk about him.

This is dangerous. How he supposed to trust any adult. Also the potential for something dangerous to happen with this kid is very high with this sort of behavior.

Mega

Banned
Okay fake or not, I can see that all the cursing, yelling and the general nastiness and violence of these "pranks" is at the very least emotionally scarring. Not really sure why he couldn't have made a funny/silly prank channel with his kids instead going full-on negative.

Would be neat to see the parents get pranked.

Repeatedly and with the same relative terror.

Kinda like in I Saw the Devil, but just a bit more legal.

I feel for all of the kids no doubt, but you can't help but pay a bit closer to cody.

Like look at how he's treated, look at his reaction to it all. Listen to how his own fucking parent's talk about him.

This is dangerous. How he supposed to trust any adult. Also the potential for something dangerous to happen with this kid is very high with this sort of behavior.
He wont. He will likely have these issues for the rest of his life.

Anybody does anything resembling this to my child and I'm going to lockup for assault and battery.

He's a fucking child.

The scariest part about this is how this is probably normalizing this shit and teaching people that this is acceptable parenting.

Nyoro SF

This ain't no prank or joke. These are psychologically disturbed people abusing their children. Has child services already been notified, is there any update on that front?

"but you are putting our family in real danger. You are putting the kids that you think you are helping in real danger."

Ok buddy, sure. Does this mean youtube was their only source of income or what?
They were at the point where yes, that's certainly possible. There's even something that one of the parents (maybe the kids, I don't remember honestly.) said where they were like "y'all have allowed us to get all this nice stuff" so clearly that's at least somewhat true.

Still doesn't make the shit they're doing to their kids right.

rec0ded1

Apology video is the worst acting. Surprised he's not wearing a suit and shit. Guess we'll see that in court hopefully.

They were at the point where yes, that's certainly possible. There's even something that one of the parents (maybe the kids, I don't remember honestly.) said where they were like "y'all have allowed us to get all this nice stuff" so clearly that's at least somewhat true.

Still doesn't make the shit they're doing to their kids right.
If your job involves abusing your kids you probably shouldn't have that job.

Tbh.

Would rather see them on scared straight honestly.

I'd count that as a prank, but they need to he in there for a week or so, then told that they can leave, only to be pranked and given another week.

Repeat that for a couple years, with variable lengths of prank time. Sometimes a day, sometimes a month. Gen pop, solitary, different cell mates. Would be hilarious.

Boke1879

Google/youtube or whoever the fuck owns this shit needs to stop playing around. Because more money is going to end up leaving when more stories like this get traction.

There is no reason why the videos should have been up or no reason why they should be making money off this shit.

I'd count that as a prank, but they need to he in there for a week or so, then told that they can leave, only to be pranked and given another week.

Repeat that for a couple years, with variable lengths of prank time.
Then afterwards they can have a sick prank where they have a criminal record for the rest of their lives.

RyanW

At this point wouldn't the kids just know when their parents are full of shit and making a video? Who's to say they aren't in on the joke anyways?

I know that might be a scum thing to say but' it's something that should be considered

Carcetti

"Yeah we're great loving parents"

*watches video*

Those people are fucked in the head. As a parent I feel like I should personally drive a team of child services to that house and not let them out until they take the kids away.

If they didn't want to take advantage of their children, and have them genuinely involved in something with no creativity necessary they should have decided to have a channel with challenges and not abusive pranks, at least that shit wouldn't damage them.

Savitar

Like I said in the other thread, best way to get these assholes taken down is by reporting them to the advertisers, whoever pops up on their videos, message them and ask how does it feel to be advertising with a couple that abuses their kids.

Said companies are then going to bitch out youtube who will be forced to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom