• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube reacts as livestreamer pulls gun on and tazes stalker in altercation

There was that incident a few months ago with another livestreamer with TTS (text-to-speech) named Arab Andy, who was arrested for allowing a Super Chat counting down a bomb detonation to play in a college library, which caused an evacuation and police to be called in:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/youtube-...threat-at-university-of-washington-police-say

Basically, the pull of TTS is for the streamer to walk around and people to make the most offensive/crazy thing possible play, and watch IRL reactions. For this new incident with Andy Warski, TTS caused some crazy guy to follow him and his group around in an obviously threatening way, which resulted in one of his group pulling a gun while Andy screamed threats. Eventually, the guy with the gun tazing the stalker, and cops were called. The tazer was arrested, and Andy himself is probably in deep shit as well because there is video evidence of him actively provoking his companion into brandishing his weapons.

Andy, of course, is one of several pieces of the rotting carcass once known as Internet Bloodsports, which was basically political Jerry Springer - bring on the wackiest people on both sides and let them insult each other and go wild. Somehow internal drama destroyed this seemingly simple premise - Andy kept making and burning partnerships, and there are a whole host of other IBS hosts who crashed and burned even harder than him.

BunzLee

That's messed up. But I'm assuming it will only get worse before people start realizing that the dumb stuff they do on stream is here to stay (and it does in fact have consequences).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck is wrong with the guy watching?

Spoiler Alert:

I am the guy who got tazed.

Plot Twist Alert:

I am also the guy reacting in the video.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Of all the videos covering this story... you post this? I’ve never witnessed a thread derail in the OP before. Well done.

I never said necessarily that the video was a reaction to Warski's idiocy (honestly, apparent plan to cause a shooting on live stream, given the shit he and Failure were yelling). But that video is a culmination of what YouTube has created - idiots who will go to any length to get attention and money, and people on the sidelines laughing at them.

IRL streaming has been all about that - go into a crowded place, someone sends a TTS Superchat with various offensive messages, and the streamer starts trying to generate IRL shocks and drama off of it. Arab Andy's situation was as far as it escalated before, but Warski took it to the next level, to the point that it is damn obvious he wanted Alex to shoot that guy. He planned it. That's some fucked up shit.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
***FOX NEWS ALERT***

I refuse to click the link in the OP on moral principles.

I think in the original he was crying over the new SW trailer. I know that doesn't really answer your question but I don't think anyone has an answer for you.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense now.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Uhh.....
I know the guy was really just watching a Star Wars trailer, but with this edit....did anyone else get a creepy Human Centipede 2 vibe from this?

main-qimg-a6da08cbf39701da0477e1bbdaf14352

Top Bottom