• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtuber Natalie Wynn of Contrapoints deletes twitter account after receiving hate for expressing opinion on gender pronoun announcing

pennythots

May 14, 2019
she's gotten a lot of shit from the ultrawoke crowd in the past

full on snake eating its own tail.

brap

Formerly 'xXxKi$$e$&Razorblade$xXx'
Jan 9, 2018
Would you prefer semi-passable as Natalie described herself?
Sorry I skipped over that and just saw the last line. I understood basically nothing in the op. What does working on their pronoun game mean? Why are people going over pronouns when she's there? This is all going way over my head.

pennythots

May 14, 2019
Sorry I skipped over that and just saw the last line. I understood basically nothing in the op. What does working on their pronoun game mean? Why are people going over pronouns when she's there? This is all going way over my head.
white feminists make a big deal over transwomen and do things they normally wouldn't think of doing in order for transwomen to feel more accepted and welcoming.

contrapoints thinks the special treatment just makes things awkward and now the twitter mob is out for her because not getting the special treatment means you're transphobic apparently.

Last edited:

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
It is a religious ritual.

It is a ritual that super-woke people must perform anytime they are in a room and there is a trans person present.
You go around the room, take turns, and speak your preferred gender pronouns.

It is a form of virtue signalling and some trans people thinks it looks awkward, dishonest, silly. And these trans people must be
seeked out and destroyed.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
She's saying that woke groups, think of a scenario with women chatting in a circle on fold out chairs, will have an announcement of everyone's name and preferred gender pronoun before they start talking. This can be because the women in the group are trying to accommodate a trans person like Natalie, they always do it, or because they are trying to signal their virtue. People that are semi-passable like Natalie, that quite clearly presents herself as a woman, might not like the pronoun announcing because it feels like the group is focusing on you for your declaration.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
https://twitter.com/ContraPoints/ now returns "This account doesn’t exist"

For those that don't know Natalie, she's a transwoman youtuber that has a channel called Contrapoints that often discusses issues surrounding gender and being trans.

What started it all:

So what she's saying is your stereotypical sports fan getting drunk at a bar is more discrete and respectful than try-hards being Woke Wizards. lol

Sounds about right. Aside from the tiny number of hardcore asses taking the game too seriously, sports pubs are the most laid back places to grab a drink. As long as there's good food and a good game on, every table gets along no matter which team wins.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
So what she's saying is your stereotypical sports fan getting drunk at a bar is more discrete and respectful than try-hards being Woke Wizards. lol

Sounds about right. Aside from the tiny number of hardcore asses taking the game too seriously, sports pubs are the most laid back places to grab a drink. As long as there's good food and a good game on, every table gets along no matter which team wins.
That and Bartenders/Waiter don't give a fuck, want to make a tip, and go with the most logical gender pronoun for someone semi-passable dressed in women's clothing.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
white feminists make a big deal over transwomen and do things they normally wouldn't think of doing in order for transwomen to feel more accepted and welcoming.

contrapoints thinks the special treatment just makes things awkward and now the twitter mob is out for her because not getting the special treatment means you're transphobic apparently.
White feminists do that because they have been browbeaten to death and labelled TERFs any time they dare cross a trans person on any issue. There are a few legitimate feminists that fit under this dumb term but like every other label it gets foisted upon people who are undeserving. These women probably became "feminists" because they were in controlling abusive relationships with shit men and now they get to be in social relationships with controlling abusive shit men identifying as women.

Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
It would be interesting if she got a little redpilled out of this. She's is intelligent, so surely this will demonstrate to her that something is wrong with these people.

Or maybe someone should get #CancelContraPoints trending on Twitter?

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Never watched this channel. But I have heard this channel held up REPEATEDLY as the GOLD STANDARD for SJW-thought piece videos. This was the smoking gun they would trot out to convince people they had a point. Multiple people bragged about this channel.

And now even they got cancelled. This is huge lol.

Reactions: Teletraan1

KojimaLovesMiyazaki

Formerly 'matt404au'
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Why just the white ones?

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
So serious question, I always see the pronouns they pick in agreement, what if you pick strange combinations, like He, Its?

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Not surprising. It's due time people start realizing that the far left are not for causes or change. They are individuals who have a lot of self-loathing and deep seeded anger and are constantly looking for people to quench their blood thirst on. That's all it is. And when society gets tired of the ridiculousness of one thing and start ignoring it and stop bowing down, they'll make up something else they know society will find ridiculous knowing it will be largely rejected, which will give them plenty of ripe people to be able to attack.

I've realized that's all of this really is all about. One giant quest to satisfy internet blood lust. Everything revolves around that one desire/objective.

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
So serious question, I always see the pronouns they pick in agreement, what if you pick strange combinations, like He, Its?
Her pronouns should be stunning and brave.

To answer your question. Probably nothing if the audience is a bunch of meek subservient people who will just go along with whatever nonsense you come up with lest they be cancelled if you are serious or a grievance grifter. In Canada it is unbridled activism because any pushback to the wrong person gets you a kangaroo court case. This type of shit is not helpful to integrate or accept people into society. 5 years ago nobody of any merit gave a half a shit about anyone's sex/orientation/race. Now people won't stfu about such a boring topic. Society has definitely taken a step back.

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
quick someone name their band Pronoun Circle

or Pronoun Circle Jerks :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: EviLore

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
Another cancel culture story? What’s going on, details seem to be thin on the ground.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018

It really makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

I know for sure that if I am out with the lads to watch the match we are not bothering with other people there unless it is specifically related. You might say "how's it going" and have small talk with someone when you are up buying a drink or you might high-five a stranger who is also cheering your team. That's about it.

No way you'd be going "oh my fucking GODS, ARE YOU TRANS, HEY LADS I FOUND ONE, NOW PLEASE BE SUPER NICE TO HER... him... them... oh excuse me I forgot to get your pronouns... let me just say how brave you are and how much I just hate that orange man, Donald Drumph". You feel like some of the extremely "woke" crowd are super into that though.

POINT OF PERSONAL PRIVILEGE!

Like there is a huge difference between being normal and massively overcompensating. The typical sports fan at the bar is just thinking about the game and enjoying their night. They hyper sensitive SJW is looking for any opportunity to virtue signal.

Of course that is going to be weird if you are on the receiving end because deep down you are going to think "you guys don't even know me why are you being so unnatural and over the top with the niceties".

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
I always wonder if I should put Helicopter in my Pronoun tab. This way i can piss people off on twitter without writing^^

Reactions: #Phonepunk#

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
I always wonder if I should put Helicopter in my Pronoun tab. This way i can piss people off on twitter without writing^^
How does this work anyway. Does anything go and it must be adhered to by the Woke?

I always fancied Lord. Lord Shmunter thank you.

pennythots

May 14, 2019
Never watched this channel. But I have heard this channel held up REPEATEDLY as the GOLD STANDARD for SJW-thought piece videos. This was the smoking gun they would trot out to convince people they had a point. Multiple people bragged about this channel.

And now even they got cancelled. This is huge lol.
Nah contrapoints has been on the woke shitlist for some time.

In a video about racism in the US one of her key points is for minorities to live their best life and to take as much ownership for their life as they can and what do you know people got upset.

Also in a video about the alt-right she talked about how bad leftists are in having meaningful discussions and resorting to deplatforming and fearmongering is not gonna work out in the long run.

Outside of her status as trans she would essentially be labeled alt-right but as of right now now ugly transwomen that don't pass are telling her to check her privilege.

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
Don't think that's how it works.

Think of it as another "it's only OK when we do it" kind of thing but at least nobody is actually being hurt.

So you could say to them, OK how many genders are there? They will say probably something like unlimited or infinite or whatever. Fine.
Then you can ask, OK what can be used as a pronoun and can I make my own? Again, they will likely say anything goes.

So you've established that really anything is possible in this non-binary, gender is just a social construct, world.

Then you say "I identify as an attack helicopter and my pronouns are apache and apacheself".

And they say "OMFG you alt-right troll, transphobic scum, dogwhistling bastard".

It's just a trick.

Most people understand that people who are transitioning are still adhering to the gender binary basically.
Most are simply trying to live, and pass, as the opposite to their biological gender for they good of their mental and physical well being.

The whole other thing with lots of pronouns and many different genders seems like a completely separate thing.

Advancements in medicine and technology mean that transitioning is becoming more and more feasible for more and more people and with that ability to "pass" becoming more attainable you are seeing a larger attitude of acceptance in society at large. It still requires a colossal effort but it's getting better all the time.

Some people just want to jump on the bandwagon though.

The Elite

Formerly 'Proteus'
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
goddamn i cannot put up with more than 10 seconds of this dumb shit

i'll call you whatever you want so long as i'm not compelled
That's pretty much it. I don't know why it needs to be so fucking complicated for everyone involved, especially woke culture. You see your a "she", "he" or "they" and I will just call you that if it makes you happy. I do think putting laws behind it is dangerous though.

I'm surprised contrapoints is getting so much flak I though she was big in the woke space but I guess she's almost a nazi.

Birdo

Jun 12, 2019
UK
Just a few days ago I actually told someone that it was a matter of time before Contrapoints said the wrong thing. And here we are....... Clockwork. And people ask me why I avoid that community at all costs.

Also, ANYONE can look semi-passable with soft-box lighting :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Outside lighting is kryptonite to us :messenger_loudly_crying:

CDiggity

Jan 3, 2014
I had a talk with my French friend who was already baffled by English's constant use of irregular verbs compared to French, and he is going further insane learning that subject/personal pronouns could further cross the conjugation wires fun things like "They is".

He says that if they want to normalize different pronouns they need to figure out a way to present themselves so they don't have to say what their pronouns are. That he can look at a person and reasonably assume that they are a "they" vs. a "he" vs. a "she". Yes he realized that was a "did you assume my gender" thing, but the brain loves assumptions and patterns.

He always hated that English was compulsory in school because it was so inefficient and this just adds to it.

JimmyJones

Mar 19, 2015
There’s plenty of feminists who are against people changing their gender on a whim.

The ultra woke SNP have a few in their midst.

I can’t decide who to side with. 🤔

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
So a trans woman who goes into a dimly lit bar/club has her gender called correctly, but in a meeting room during the day/brightly lit room, she gets annoyed when people have to check their pronouns. After voicing her annoyance, the woke left sends death threats to her? OMG, she makes one comment and they all want to cancel her? Who'd have thunk.

Reactions: Ailynn