• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

YPG trained leftist extremist arrested after plotting attack in Florida

showernota

Jun 6, 2020
It's been a day, figured it was thread worthy.

Federal authorities have arrested a self-described anarchist on charges related to his alleged attempt to recruit the “like-minded” to violently disrupt the expected gathering by supporters of President Trump at the Florida Capitol through Inauguration Day.

The accused is Daniel Alan Baker, described in a 27-page criminal complaint as a former Army airborne infantryman who recently “has been posting messages and multimedia to his Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube accounts that have been increasingly ripe with extremist rhetoric.”

“Baker issued a call to arms for like-minded individuals to violently confront protesters gathered at the Florida Capitol this Sunday. He specifically called for others to join him in encircling any protestors and confining them at the Capitol complex using firearms,” the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Florida said in a press release.
“In 2017, Baker joined the People’s Protection Units (“YPG”), a group fighting in against ISIS and the Turkish government. The YPG is a subaffilliate of Kurdistan’s Working Party (PKK), which has been designated a foreign terrorist organization (FTO) by the United States government. Baker endorses himself on his social media as a trained sniper for the YPG,” the complaint says.

He acknowledged providing the training in interviews with FBI agents and “overseas sources” told the agency that he’d planned to kidnap Turkish pilots training in the United States and mutilate or kill them, the complaint says.

He also participated in violence around Black Lives Matter protests over the summer in Seattle and Nashville, the document says.

In November, he set up a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to enroll in emergency medical technician training at Tallahassee Community College and warned: “I swear on god y’all if I can’t raise this money I will start robbing the rich and pedophiles too,” according to the complaint.

I've posted this report from the Turkish Police Academy many times, it explains the YPG and threat of returning extremists.
"Some Antifa adherents have ideological similarities to the PKK and its offshoots in Syria -- PYD, YPG and YPJ. Since the rise of terrorist organization Daesh [ISIS] in Syria, there have been reports that many far-leftists including Antifa elements joined the YPG as foreign terrorist fighters (FTFs). Especially under the protection of the international coalition assisting the YPG on the pretext of fighting Daesh, these FTFs received significant training and combat experience in the conflict zone," it stated.

“When the flow of FTFs was reversed and they became returnees in their home countries, the risk they pose also became more visible.

Last edited:

Can't decide

Sep 11, 2018
posting messages and multimedia to his Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube accounts

A terrorist trying to encourage other people to be terrorists. Ok, so we can expect these sites to be taken offline any moment now! I'll sit here and wait so I can watch it happen

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I have discussed this in the past on this forum regarding the PKK/YPG training US Citizens in a couple of AntiFa threads:

President George W. Bush labeled the PKK as a terrorist organization, President Barack Obama began funding them. The PKK/YPG actually had Americans there training, the media portrayed them a freedom fighters.

Article from 07/10/2019

Relevant threads:

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I have discussed this in the past on this forum regarding the PKK/YPG training US Citizens in a couple of AntiFa threads:

President George W. Bush labeled the PKK as a terrorist organization, President Barack Obama began funding them. The PKK/YPG actually had Americans there training, the media portrayed them a freedom fighters.

Article from 07/10/2019

Relevant threads:

Give him another Nobel Prize.

• Fire
Reactions: CGiRanger

Concern

Sep 20, 2020
Leftist you say??? Ohhh nothing to see here guys, move along.

Maybe Biden will pardon him for his efforts.