Ys Net (Shenmue 3) hires programmer behind Shenmue HD fan-project

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Mar 3, 2012

If you're unfamiliar with the Shenmue HD fan project, here's the trailer for it.

I guess that means that Shenmue HD will be put to a halt, and any worry you have about Shenmue 3 not looking pretty can be put to rest.

Congrats to Kid Nocon!

Mar 18, 2013
Omaha, NE - USA
I'm glad he gets to put all his passion for the series into ShenMue the official brand. That doesn't happen everyday unless of course you like receiving C&E letters. It makes things feel a little more welcomed.

First Resident Evil 2 and now this. This must be more of a job if you ask me. I think the Fan project might be more of an analyst type of thing, but I don't know.

I wonder if he'll work for less considering they pulled him on a project of their own.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Mar 3, 2012
I was going to post some gifs of his Shenmue HD stuff but... how are there no gifs of it?

/edit/ guess I... spoke too soon...

Mar 27, 2012
YES!!!!!!! This is great news! This means an AWESOME Eye Entertainment pleasure coming from our screens! - Many fans, I included, had this wish: Nocon Kid to join the Shenmue 3 development team, and now it is a reality. Yu knows what he's doing. - Congratulations Noconkid!!!

Here are some pictures of his work:
snip
We're in good hands now.

Ishan

Jun 13, 2013
I'll just use the term programmer loosely to describe "Man With Keyboard"
Lol so every FB /twitter/google user :p
Haha

Like this new . I'm not into game dev and not into shenmue but love how motivated the shenmue community is and how the devs are also involved and clued in to the community .