• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys Net (Shenmue 3) hires programmer behind Shenmue HD fan-project

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
CQZ2SJ6UwAEUaMr.jpg:large

If you're unfamiliar with the Shenmue HD fan project, here's the trailer for it.

I guess that means that Shenmue HD will be put to a halt, and any worry you have about Shenmue 3 not looking pretty can be put to rest.

Congrats to Kid Nocon!

Peltz

Fantastic news. That guy probably just landed his dream job.

Edit: 7threst, I like the way you think.

inner-G

Banned
Holy shit!

Always cool when someone genuinely loves the games they work on, it shows through in the end product.

So he's working on Shenmue 3 because there's no need for him to work on a HD project because SEGA's already on top of the remastered collection, right?

RIGHT?!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm glad he gets to put all his passion for the series into ShenMue the official brand. That doesn't happen everyday unless of course you like receiving C&E letters. It makes things feel a little more welcomed.

First Resident Evil 2 and now this. This must be more of a job if you ask me. I think the Fan project might be more of an analyst type of thing, but I don't know.

I wonder if he'll work for less considering they pulled him on a project of their own.

ShenmueNextGen

Neo Member
YES!!!!!!! This is great news! This means an AWESOME Eye Entertainment pleasure coming from our screens! - Many fans, I included, had this wish: Nocon Kid to join the Shenmue 3 development team, and now it is a reality. Yu knows what he's doing. - Congratulations Noconkid!!!

Here are some pictures of his work:
5ZVPQqKl.jpg

SGIYCkkl.jpg

WbkZCM4l.jpg

dohnMjWl.jpg

BNrruf2.gif

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I was going to post some gifs of his Shenmue HD stuff but... how are there no gifs of it?

/edit/ guess I... spoke too soon...

One of the positive things of a connected society. This is really pleasant news.

Was he a programer? i thougt he was an artist.

Edit: What engine was he using? Seems like UE3.

Zemm

His work looks fucking great, well deserved. Gives me more hope for the actual game too, win-win.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'll just use the term programmer loosely to describe "Man With Keyboard"

IIRC He has to know a little bit of code if he does it all by himself. I'd say he knows enough on his own, but being with a team will help him greatly (probably will improve his skills).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Good for him. Good work never goes unnoticed!

master15

That's absolutely brilliant. Many long term fans thought he absolutely nailed the aesthetics of what many of us would have like to seen with a HD remaster.

Happy to see him involved.

Justinh

I guess that means that Shenmue HD will be put to a halt...

Does it really, though?

Congrats to dude. He must be floating. I've never heard of this fan-project before, but from the looks of those pics posted earlier, this is a great hire.

Ishan

I'll just use the term programmer loosely to describe "Man With Keyboard"
Lol so every FB /twitter/google user :p
Haha

Like this new . I'm not into game dev and not into shenmue but love how motivated the shenmue community is and how the devs are also involved and clued in to the community .

Top Bottom