• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PC/Steam) |OT|

I don't exactly have a direct line to Falcom
emot-v.gif
You'll have to ask XSEED, or check Falcom's twitter, for that!

Also I dunno if anything else is "a lock" at this point, but if the game's doing what I suspect it's doing, it'll definitely help.

How do top sellers work? Is it daily, weekly?

just did mah part and picked up Ys. ive beaten this game to hell and back but its nice to finally have an english version and on steam none the less. bring on Ys origin Xseed!!

Thoraxes

I don't exactly have a direct line to Falcom
emot-v.gif
You'll have to ask XSEED, or check Falcom's twitter, for that!

Also I dunno if anything else is "a lock" at this point, but if the game's doing what I suspect it's doing, it'll definitely help.

We have a lovely lady from XSEED in this very thread, you know.

Also, bought using the Steam app, because I need more places to spend my money from :/

Jucksalbe

Banned
Wow, playing this game on normal (instead of Nightmare like I did on the PSP version) really makes it a lot easier. And faster. 1:15 playtime and I'm already at the volcano, I think that took me around 5 hours on the PSP.
And playing it on my TV is a blast. Really, really enjoying it. But did anyone else experience some stuttering in the music from time to time or randomly long times (it took the game 3 seconds to just load the first lit torch in the mine)?

HoosTrax

The chart positions change multiple times within a 24 hour period though. It seems like it updates hourly maybe? Occasionally the chart "breaks" and gets obviously stuck (a AAA title on sale that doesn't even place on the chart), typically during weekends.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

It's more frequent than daily, unless that's when sales counter starts dropping things.

I think the top sellers are based on the amount of money earned over a certain amount of time, possibly daily. No idea how frequently the actual list updates though, but it's frequent. I'd guess hourly or on the half hour, if it's not entirely dynamic.

For anyone using an Nvidia card, I'd recommend choosing "No scaling" and using the GPU as the scaling device. Then simply choose the largest 4:3 resolution that fits within your monitors native resolution and it'll be displayed perfectly letterboxed without any additional scaling.

It looks fantastic.

well fuck me, so the original game is even harder than it was on PSP then cos of the no double boost?

lol oh well... i suppose i COULD have beaten it with single boost as well but damnit, it would have been a LOT tougher :(

Blizzard

Banned
Downloading... Hope it's better than 7 though.
What's funny is that on another forum, I mentioned the game, and someone said that it's a decent, no frills, action RPG. They also said that Ys Seven was awesome -- so I guess tastes differ. :p What didn't you like about Ys Seven?

Aeana

It is, though everything from Origin on has had waaaay too much text. Nobody cares, this isn't a space opera. Just let us play, Falcom! :)

I feel like Ys 7 was Falcom's way of trying to make Ys as popular as the Kiseki series, but it didn't work. Origin might have a fair bit of text, but it is at least presented much better. Ys 7 just has text for the sake of having text.

Peff

What's funny is that on another forum, I mentioned the game, and someone said that it's a decent, no frills, action RPG. They also said that Ys Seven was awesome -- so I guess tastes differ. :p What didn't you like about Ys Seven?

Well, they do have somewhat opposite design philosophies... Seven has a party system and tons of modern grindy systems with abilities, sidequests and a bigger focus on story, whereas Felghana is a 10-12 super focused adventure with basically no filler and a pretty basic upgrade system.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, they do have somewhat opposite design philosophies... Seven has a party system and tons of modern grindy systems with abilities, sidequests and a bigger focus on story, whereas in Felghana is a 10-12 super focused adventure with basically no filler and a pretty basic upgrade system.

Seven also felt a lot faster in combat and somewhat less adventure-y at times. They're very different games, all things considered.

I'm so happy this is doing well, and so quickly. Anything that exposes Falcom to more gamers and helps XSEED is a-okay in my book.

Now TitS SC please. (Though not just on Steam.)

Maedhros

Don't see much difference from this to the PSP version I own... dunno if I'll double dip (I probably will, my finger is almost pressing the button).

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Don't see much difference from this to the PSP version I own... dunno if I'll double dip (I probably will, my finger is almost pressing the button).

The difference is far greater than what you see in the shots on the store page. And it runs smoother.

And seriously. All the cool kids are doing it. Don't you want to be cool?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I liked it, I finished it, it just wasn't particularly special in anything and had pretty predictable progression, you always knew how you'd get to the next area and then have a new set of best weapons and such to get, etc, combat wasn't particularly engaging either, at least on the normal mode, I didn't feel like replaying it after that. It was like an average JRPG with simple action combat.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
1. Never played an Ys game
2. Last rpg like this I played was years and years ago
3. Can I just jump in into this iteration of the series?
4. Is it beginner friendly?
5. Should I get it?

Top Bottom