• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links begins global launch, out in North America/Asia (iOS/Android)

I wonder when we'll be able to use Marik or Bakura. Those are the 2 peoples decks I liked as a kid

They should eventually come. Considering the field limits. I dont think we will get the later summon methods possibly. Some cards require extra cards on the field to activate. Such as Exodia when you collect all 5 pieces and Destiny Board.

Jeffrey

it should transfer fine, although your currency might be tied to platform.

getting a bit bored atm lol. the news mention there will be an event later this week, how frequent are those?

CYWp0HF.jpg

I guess this might be Marik or Bakura.

MiTYH

I guess this might be Marik or Bakura.

What are the requirements for unlocking these characters during the events? First time doing this.

Just had an AMAZING PvP duel. Bandit Keith user VS me as Man (leveling up). I've got a general beatdown deck. It started off bad, my Axe Raider got Mask of Despair'd, which I never got rid of and was the cause of most of my health damage. In the meantime, I did some basic damage to him, but he managed to summon Kazejin. I got my Ballon Counters going though to lessen his damage, while I kept summon to stay alive. He got three monsters out, but I managed to pull Gyaki-Gire Panda (+500 ask each monster on his side). Combing that with the Needle Sunfish he was avoiding KOing, I managed to KO and win!

Felt good

EDIT: Had a second good duel VS a Bandit Keith. Both of us repping Balloon counters so hard that a 1500 attack summoned had 300 attack each. Defense monsters couldnt get touched though, and he had embodiment of Apophis blocking. I managed to pull twister, got rid of his, and a turn or two later he got rid of mine. Neck and neck until I pull banner of courage, pull ahead. I've got three monsters out, he's got one in defense position. I attack with an effect monster (that says if earth is present, ignore flip effects). And thank god, since he had the 4-star ladybug of doom which would have left me wide open. Instead, I won that turn. Which was fine since he would have KOd me next if he had a monster at all.

Such a good feeling! This game is rocking it in PvP with games like this

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. announces that today the mobile game "Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL LINKS" has been released in Europe, South America and Africa regions. Celebrating its release, we will distribute Gems and log-in campaign.

"Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL LINKS" has been released to approximately 150 countries and regions* from January 11th, 2017. The game has ranked No.1 in the App Store free game ranking in 9 countries and regions including the USA, and has been downloaded by 13 millions.
Konami PR

ReaperXL7

I really like this so far, it's a nice easy going TCG and I enjoy that when Japanese devs do these games they put a solid amount of stuff to do outside of straight multiplayer.

If I had one complaint at all it would be the same that I have against most card games in general on that its easy to lose simply by luck of the draw depending on how the cards come to you.

Also, Kaibas field spell card says that it boosts thunder cards as well as beast and Dragons but I haven't seen any thunder cards at all, Does it mean Light cards?

I really like this so far, it's a nice easy going TCG and I enjoy that when Japanese devs do these games they put a solid amount of stuff to do outside of straight multiplayer.

If I had one complaint at all it would be the same that I have against most card games in general on that its easy to lose simply by luck of the draw depending on how the cards come to you.

Also, Kaibas field spell card says that it boosts thunder cards as well as beast and Dragons but I haven't seen any thunder cards at all, Does it mean Light cards?

Thunder's a type, like Fiend or Spellcaster. Thunder Dragon is the example that comes to mind, which speaks to when I was actively playing the TCG.

ReaperXL7

Thunder's a type, like Fiend or Spellcaster. Thunder Dragon is the example that comes to mind, which speaks to when I was actively playing the TCG.
Ahh ok, I just hadn't seen any Thunder cards at all but it's entirely possible that that's because my pulls have all been from the Neo Impact packs.

Jeffrey

I do enjoy the flow here. Tried to play the recent console game and does the pace get dragged to hell with how many effects and abilities every card has.

doesn't seem mobile friendly.

IS the 'SR guarantee' only SR, or is there a chance for UR?

Kouriozan

Linked my game with that Konami thing (and tested it, it works), now that the game is available in my country's store (France), normally it should also link with this version as it's the same global one.

Edit : yep, got my save back :3

Mokubba

On a side note today. I came out of the tube station and saw an advert for a Yu-gi-oh movie coming out next month in cinemas. I almost stopped in my tracks but it's so weird but good to see that Yu-gi-oh still has it.

I tried to come back with the game on PS4 which I loved but without the time, it's hard to catch up again.

Will have a look at this game.

Oscar

IS the 'SR guarantee' only SR, or is there a chance for UR?
Quoting this because I have the same question.

I dumped $30 on the 30 packs + 300 gold bundle and I didn't get the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. Currently 80 packs in and still no dice lol.

Thores

So is Yugi unlockable as playable? I just beat him in a duel and my quest log tells me I have 8 new quests, but there's no way for me to view them. Are they out of my reach until I level up more? I'm currently at Stage 22.

bjork

You CAN unlock Bakura ? D: .........

There goes my life if you can.

I don't know for sure. I've played casually since the JP launch and I'm only at stage 19, but it says someone else unlocks at 20. So far I've had Yugi/Tea/Joey/Mai unlock so far in the normal gate.

Are there shockingly few cards available or do more booster types become available when you level up?

They release at what seems like one new set every few weeks, so for right now it's really limited, yeah.

I don't know for sure. I've played casually since the JP launch and I'm only at stage 19, but it says someone else unlocks at 20. So far I've had Yugi/Tea/Joey/Mai unlock so far in the normal gate.
That's probably Weevil, then at Stage 21 you can unlock Rex Raptor.

Should we just make an official ygo link ot? I feel there is a decent chunk of people playing and this thread doesn't indicate well were discussing gameplay here.

Pastulio

Banned
Loving this game so far. I was big into Yu Gi Oh in high school so this is bringing back all kinds of nostalgia.

Also, I can't login either:(

nikos

Just started playing, completely new to Yu-Gi-Oh! Any tips?

I have about 1700 gems. Which packs should I be purchasing with them?

Just started playing, completely new to Yu-Gi-Oh! Any tips?

I have about 1700 gems. Which packs should I be purchasing with them?

When you go to the shop you can see what each pack offers. Think about the type of deck you wanna make and then buy packs based off that or just wait. I recommend at least getting some staples from the packs like Shard of Greed and banner of courage.

Its always fun to make your own deck. Once the OT is up we can discuss making a deck vs AI and a deck vs players.

Im really liking this game I wish it were 5 monsters and spells and traps zones though. I know they are going for faster duels but just wish they would open it up or have the option to.

Top Bottom