• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links GX trailer, PC version coming Winter

bB54LIy.png
OwyO4Ze.png

4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILbgG4-_RFc

Jaden - Elemental HERO Neos
Chaz - Ojama King
Alexis - Cyber Blader
Aster - Destiny HERO Plasma
Bastion

GX World coming September 28

PC version of Duel Links was also announced and shares the same player data as mobile.
Since the PC version is playable on a bigger screen compared to the existing smartphone version, one of its appeals is the ability to greater enjoy card effects and the intensity of the monsters. Additionally, the PC version can share data with the smartphone version, allowing you to play on PC when you're at home, and on your smartphone when you're on the go.
Gematsu

patchday

never tried out Duel Links. Looks like certain cards have a 3d avatar standing on them? Almost like in the original anime kinda

Trailer looks interesting but those characters further in the anime series then I've made it (I'm around ep 50)

Fj0823

GX started the archetype based gameplay that is so prevalent in the game now.

Wonder when are they planning to introduce the Extra Monster Zone and Link monsters.

There's really no point in having Duel Links 5D's and Zexal each with the rules of those times

I mean why expose the casual audience to a gameplay style that is no longer being used by the official game?

never tried out Duel Links. Looks like certain cards have a 3d avatar standing on them? Almost like in the original anime kinda

Problem I had with Duel Links is it's 3 cards on the field instead of 5 and the LP were cut in half. Made it feel kind of shitty.

night814

Problem I had with Duel Links is it's 3 cards on the field instead of 5 and the LP were cut in half. Made it feel kind of shitty.

It was. Game was fun for a bit but then everyone started running OTK decks(just like real life!!) and it was basically about who got to go second.

I enjoyed the game a lot when it was first out but it quickly turned to shit.

I love GX! I also love Jaden Yuki (or Yuki Judai), especially his Season 4 version. The dude really should have chosen Alexis though.

It's too bad that GX isn't as well loved as the others.

Fj0823

I love GX! I also love Jaden Yuki (or Yuki Judai), especially his Season 4 version. The dude really should have chosen Alexis though.

latest

GX stopped being the black sheep a longtime ago

It's now considered a fun cheesy little spin off and looked back fondly.

We were so naive thinking that was the worst

Umbooki

Yeah, dude, get your game on, dude!
CHAZZ IT UP!
CHAZZ IT UP!

I think YGO GX was the last time I was actually invested in the anime and TCG. The game was still relatively slow and I enjoyed some of the themes around that time.

Destiny Heroes and Cyber Dragons were wonderful creations.

RRockman

Banned

I know right? Best girl is directly in front of him and he chooses a card. A CARD. Once an Otaku, always an otaku.

Misawa/Bastion at the end had me dying, lmao.

I should maybe try this game some time, now that GX characters are being featured, now would be the perfect time to start for me.

Edit: I'm already seeing we're going down the spin-off hate cycle. Look, every spin-off is shit, and every spin-off is good. Lots of people hate lots of things, dw about it. Maybe people hated Zexal before, and Arc-V was getting a lot of praise during its first year. Now I'm seeing a lot of people coming around on Zexal elsewhere while hating on Arc-V and simultaneously loving VRAINS. 5D's gets a lot of love and a lot of indifference, too, and now people retroactively like it less because of Arc-V, lmao. I still think the first year of Arc-V, considered with how much potential was there for the future, was maybe the best single year of a YGO spin-off. People love to hate things, so don't let that get to you, and also let's not devolve into conversation about which spin-off is worse, especially since we'll get the "purists" who love DM maybe a bit too much and love to hate on all the spin-offs.

A.J.

Banned
It's important to note that the PC version is compatible to the mobile version.

Also the trailers show they are adding an auto-duel button before you actually challenge standard duelists to a duel. #Gamechanger

Hopeford

I might try out the PC Version. I like Duel Links a bit because I don't like playing Yugioh with actual people, but the grindy nature kinda puts me off still. Wish it was a non-grindy game.

Oh well, I'll probably still give it a go.

Rob2K19

Darn. It's GX...and in comes Judai. Not surprised. Just like the GX anime, only Asuka would make it watchable/playable (Not that I playing this time) for reasons. LMAO at them violating Misawa.

A.J.

Banned
I need my man Zane and my Cyber Dragons.

They've been fairly careful about introducing the notorious game changers from the standard format. With Zane however it might be unavoidable but as of right now they appear to be holding off on him.

BrunOz

good, more content to the only mobile game I've ever cared about, still playing it since release date.

having the option to play on PC will be awesome too, RIP Android emulators.

Thores

Man, I've been playing this game since the Western launch and it won't let me ever leave. I wasn't much of a Yu-Gi-Oh fan as a kid, and I know even less about GX, but fuck it, I'm addicted at this point.

When this update hits there's going to be over 20 playable characters in the roster. I wonder what new kinds of skills we'll see from these kids.

Fj0823

Snychro + Rescue Cat and I'll hop back in

Rescue cat got errata'd

It's no longer cheap ass BS ):

Also holy shit, I just remembered Lightsworns and Gladiator Beasts are GX era, if they're not careful they can easily break the game balance with those 2

TheOasis

Guess I'll hop back in as I haven't played the game for a month or so. I have a lot of nostalgia for archetypes that were introduced in the GX era (Heroes, Crystal Beasts, Glad Beasts etc). Also, I'm glad Konami made an official PC version! I'm on my PC more than I'm on my phone these days.

A.J.

Banned
Rescue cat got errata'd

It's no longer cheap ass BS ):

Also holy shit, I just remembered Lightsworns and Gladiator Beasts are GX era, if they're not careful they can easily break the game balance with those 2

You don't have to worry about eras of the original release since they mostly give us boxes that slightly advance the meta. The most recent box had Samurai Skull for example which just came out in the standard format not too long ago.

Some details of the PC version from Gematsu
Since the PC version is playable on a bigger screen compared to the existing smartphone version, one of its appeals is the ability to greater enjoy card effects and the intensity of the monsters. Additionally, the PC version can share data with the smartphone version, allowing you to play on PC when you’re at home, and on your smartphone when you’re on the go.

fertygo

That's awesome! Don't have a second to read up on it now, but will PC players be able to play with mobile players?

This is nothing new, maybe its kinda "unfair" to compare it to Hearthstone but Shadowverse has done something similar, so I imagine its just mobile game port with shared server

Top Bottom