• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

Jeffrey

i'm enjoying it so far, but its need some major incentives to keep my interest atm.

needs better events with better prizes or idk.

i'm enjoying it so far, but its need some major incentives to keep my interest atm.

needs better events with better prizes or idk.
The Pegasus event will be rerun starting this week!
We've just been in a period of nothingness for the global launch so people can get used to the game before special stuff starts. :)

Mr.Sword

Will download it and give it a try, didnt play for so long but hopefully six samurai deck is still available and still effective :p

although to be honest Its hard to get invested in digital yu gi oh since Konami keeps releasing new versions of the game and you have to spend insane time ( and now money!) rebuilding your deck. Only to be abandoned when the next game releases. Not to mention destroying any online population.( the original DS era was good though )

Hopefully this version will be supported for long time ( ideally a unified app like hearthstone, i will gladly pay for microtransaction then)

wanders

Fv1eeIp.jpg

Current deck

RalchAC

Hi guys! I've been playing this game casually. You'll see me here every once in a while. I was a huge fan on YGO in primary school (like most people in their early to mid 20s in Spain) and I'm loving this game.

Fuck Vagabond

I like how you can choose the condition he has when you send him to a friend. But, yeah, he's horrible. Winning or losing is almost sealed depending on the condition.

Edit: Oh, and one little thing I found out:

If you are in the album, or however it's called in English, you have a button to Convert cards in bulks. There are various slides, that give you options and filters. By default it's setup to sell everything you have over 3 times.

Thud

You can convert cards into coins and items in the card studio.

Pretty handy for if have too many cards.

sohois

What does gold do?

Is this some Pot of Greed meta joke? It's literally the first question in the faq above you.

For people using the batch convert in the card catalog, its worth noting that this will often still leave 4+ copies of one card in your hand since normal/glossy/prismatic are counted separately; you could have 9 copies of one card and none would be converted.

You can sort the card catalog by number owned to see any cards with more than 3 copies and convert the unnecessary copies after batch converting

I've been playing since past Thursday (I think) and I find it pretty fun. I've been playing the TCG since it was released in the US, but stopped playing when Xyz were released.
I like how this is like a return to the old days in which Equip cards were useful, normal monsters

I'm using a deck focusing on Element Monsters (Element Valkyrie, Element Dragon) and Elemental Mistress Doriado, some Equips, Baby Dragon for Wind and Fireyarou for Fire and Common Charity for drawing what I need. I also got lucky and got Mirror Wall in one of my first packs. It's been working well, although I can't really deal with strong monsters that can overpower me while I set up.
I use Kaiba for his ability to start with Mountain, a 200 boost to Element Dragon makes it a 2200 double attacker with Doriado, and boosts my Wind monsters that let them attack twice.

Galang

Banned
Finally got Yugi to drop Toy Magician before the maintenance started, but kinda bummed I couldn't get duplicates. Had really bad luck with this event with only one SR, but at least it was the only one I really wanted

Hello all.

For those who haven't seen it in the other thread. I've created 3 card set lists using my Yu-Gi-Oh! database for the current packs you can use. They can be viewed here:

The Ultimate Rising

Age of Discovery

Neo-Impact

Will work on other sections in the coming weeks (rewards, level ups and so on).

Great work!

cHinzo

How does one unlock the pvp arena !? I'm still level 4 is it because of that ?
Gotta get to stage 4.

So is this like Hearthstone or is it something entirely different?
Yeah it's also a card game. Just try it out since it's free and u can get some free gems to get packs atm. It's of course not as polished and animated as in Hearthstone, but it's fun and the games are pretty fast since they use the speed duel format.

gryvan

Hello all.

For those who haven't seen it in the other thread. I've created 3 card set lists using my Yu-Gi-Oh! database for the current packs you can use. They can be viewed here:

The Ultimate Rising

Age of Discovery

Neo-Impact

Will work on other sections in the coming weeks (rewards, level ups and so on).

Aren't they already listed ingame though?

Other than that still good work.

I would definitely like some more details on reset box options, I actually understood it after my 7th purchase in bulk lol...

CGwizz

I love these games but in every one of these there is people who pump tons of money to crush everyone, that miniclip yugioh game had this problem.

But so far i am enjoying it.

gryvan

I still need another abyssmal designator. I really hate the fact that they only drop off of random duelists

They probably have like over 100 common normal monster cards that has a chance to drop and you can't see the list which is even more annoying.

so far all the ai duelists are awful aside from the handicapped vagabond.

they play awful cards and barely use any strategies or spells/traps

hope this changes when they are lvl 40/50

sohois

What Stage are you? The standard duelists start to be mildly competitive around Lvl 14, I found, normally due to fusion summoning a thousand dragon on the first turn. Legendary Duelists are basically useless til Lvl 30

Skyo

My ID is 543-570-983 if anyone wants to add me. Currently on stage 25. Pretty good game but will have to see how 'pay to win' it becomes. -Hopefully it doesnt

gryvan

The lower end i strongly suggest just auto dueling through it. It is boring but at higher tiers you have to be a little creative. (Reverse trap troll lol)

Mine is 257-830-449 would love to have more friends

My current UR's are

Levia-Dragon Daedalus
Sonic Bird
Senju of 1000 hands
Hane-hane
Axe raider

Along with the signature cards that come with characters (dark magician, blue eyes, barrel dragon, dm girl, insect queen, red eyes, harpie ladies sister)

Chase17

I still haven't opened any packs yet lol. Feel like the challenges are too easy so far so I don't want to get better cards yet for whatever reason.

My ID is 080-038-445

Skyo and Bass, went ahead and sent you a request

My ID is 329-589-003 if anybody would like to add me.
It's just for Vagabond and easier friend duels so far but hopefully there will be better incentive for friends in the future!

The lower end i strongly suggest just auto dueling through it. It is boring but at higher tiers you have to be a little creative. (Reverse trap troll lol)

oh yeah, thats all i do is auto-duel. it's such a blessing for grinding.

i have noticed that games the auto-duel loses, are typically ones i would win... but they are so few and far between.. it's worth the time saved with the auto

my friend code is:
649 672 996

havent done a friend duel yet, but i do pvp ranked sometimes

Ah, figures. Makes sense though. I'm still playing people who set everything in attack regardless, so at least it's good for now.

The AI is still pretty bad generally you'll just get hosed with a bad draw while the ai pull every card they need for their fusion monster or a turn 1 field, equip, and monster that suddenly has 2250atk.

Skyo

How do you use this auto-duel feature? And is the auto deck building feature advised as well?

Should be an auto duel button when you start the duel (top right corner) and you can toggle it on or off at any time. Tried auto deck a number of times, its pretty garbage. I use it to fill it up and then add and remove cards.

One way is to filter your cards in order of rarity so you get your good ones at the top first. ;)

Top Bottom