• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

gryvan

I will say that auto duel cant win you against RNG cards sadly...

Maybe in the future where you can control RNG

When we send Vagabond to each other what's the preferred challenge?
One card for the most exp or something easier to win?

I guess I have to unlock it first. There is no button. But I did not even beat Kaiba yet.
Auto duel is unlocked at something like Stage 9 or 10.

Reset

Just installed the app two days ago, ah the classic rules brings back the nostalgia. Was kinda weirded out with the 3 slots only, but I'm glad there's no Synchros or the later mechanics/cards that were added later on.

Neol

When we send Vagabond to each other what's the preferred challenge?
One card for the most exp or something easier to win?

Auto duel is unlocked at something like Stage 9 or 10.

1 card is the way to go. Lots of exp even when you lose when compared to others.

Nice OT! I'm really enjoying fast paced YuGiOh. I reached Rank 3 Silver so far. I feel like I am getting a good mix of opponents online too.

Loving this game. Wish they would change the NPC's when they are level 15 - 30 though. Nothing like losing to a 6 year old kids.

Do we all get the same daily loaner deck? I keep getting completely destroyed by Christine and Yugi has this garbage tier deck that I get wrecked by her turn 1 1-2 equip cards and field spell'

Edit: Bitch on gaf get it instantly

Oynox

What kind of ratio do you keep between monsters and spells/traps? How many ritual monsters do you tend to add? Right now I feel like I use around 12 monster cards + 2 rituals and 6 spells/traps.

gryvan

What kind of ratio do you keep between monsters and spells/traps? How many ritual monsters do you tend to add? Right now I feel like I use around 12 monster cards + 2 rituals and 6 spells/traps.

It varies but if you want something evenly distributed, it should be 10-5-5

Monster-spell-trap

Tidalwave

Anyone encounter a glitch where you can't collect the gems in the tutorial? The name of the mission was in a different language too for some reason....gonna try and reinstall.
Edit: reinstalling fixed the issue

1 lvl 7 or higher monster, 2 lvl 5 or 6 monster and about 8 lvl 4 or below monster.

Spells and traps make up the remaining 9 depending on what you have cardwise.

It varies but if you want something evenly distributed, it should be 10-5-5

Monster-spell-trap

There are not that many strong traps in the game. I'd personally look at a ratio of 12-5-3 at best.

I'm currently grinding to unlock the lvl 40 versions of the Legendary Duelists, which gets you some nice cards if you can beat them.

This is the perfect whale game since in theory whale to get everything since eventually you will buy all the cards in a box and be able to reset it 2x times to get 3x of every UR.

Syntsui

Did they even fix Cyber Stein effect for this mobile version? The 5k LP cost simply doesn't work on this format.

Cyber Stein is the biggest example but there are other cards that really struggle to be useful in the speed duel format. If we ever get synchro/xyz monsters good luck trying to run some of those decks with only 3 monster slots.

Skyo

i dont think we can do a custom private chat room, but we should always congregate in a specific numbered room or two

Yeah, we should. I dunno how popular this thread will become but itll be nice to stick to a chat room. OP, you wana pick one for us? -useful for arranging friend duels.

My current deck consists of 10 <lv4s, 3 lv7+, 5 spells & 2 traps.

(Friend ID: 543-570-983)

gryvan

There are not that many strong traps in the game. I'd personally look at a ratio of 12-5-3 at best.

I'm currently grinding to unlock the lvl 40 versions of the Legendary Duelists, which gets you some nice cards if you can beat them.

Level 40 are amazing. Higher chance to get rare to ultra rare without any normal cards from the reward

Yeah, we should. I dunno how popular this thread will become but itll be nice to stick to a chat room. OP, you wana pick one for us? -useful for arranging friend duels.
I don't know. With the way the chat system works the room will constantly be flooded with hundreds of other players screaming filth like they normally do.
For the sake of a decision should we say Room 40?

Or would a Discord server be better, at least until (if) a Guild/Team Chat Channel can be made in game?

Great game but my only real complaint is one really cheap trap card where your opponent can leisurely destroy any monster on your side upon activation. That's the only card that really feels like cheating to me and saying a lot in a game like this.

Edit: This shit
latest

Also The NPC AI has gotten better after the latest update it seems

Syntsui

This fucking game has got to be kidding me. I was farming Tea with the Cerberus deck and just when I beat her, the game shows an error message and reboots.

The keys were wasted and I didn't get any rewards. This is bullshit.

Played a little, it's not bad, an is quite nostalgic, but it just really has me pining for a proper yugioh game on an actual handheld.

Shame that one 3ds game got gutted of a lot of content for the English version. Dropped the ps4 game (legacy?) On discovering they had a bunch of earl on ndlc packs that had cards I'd wanted but wouldn't give them more money for. (And that no-one seemed to be playing it online).

Thud

Great game but my only real complaint is one really cheap trap card where your opponent can leisurely destroy any monster on your side upon activation. That's the only card that really feels like cheating to me and saying a lot in a game like this.

Edit: This shit
latest

Also The NPC AI has gotten better after the latest update it seems

I pulled a michizure from a pack. It stands out because most trap cards are crap now.

They'll probably release a pack focusing on traps later.

I pulled a michizure from a pack. It stands out because most trap cards are crap now.

They'll probably release a pack focusing on traps later.

The problem with trap cards is that you can one turn kill people with certain traps since you only have 4k life points.

MiTYH

How do you all get UR gems for the trader -- is it just farming legendary duelists and selling UR cards? I managed to get a Riryoku selling some crud units, but it came back and I definitely don't have the UR cards to trash. But I'm only stage 20, waiting until level 40 legendary ones start showing up

The problem with trap cards is that you can one turn kill people with certain traps since you only have 4k life points.

1 pack from the card store : 50 gems

Using a Michizure: cheap

Pulling a 4000 to 0 comeback by flipping a Light Charmer on your opponent's blue eyes: Priceless

Ok that's the fourth match were I win the game then get an error that there is no network connection. Then I get a duel loss. Very frustrating. Why is this happening? My connection is great.

How do you all get UR gems for the trader -- is it just farming legendary duelists and selling UR cards? I managed to get a Riryoku selling some crud units, but it came back and I definitely don't have the UR cards to trash. But I'm only stage 20, waiting until level 40 legendary ones start showing up

I think I got all mine from moving up to the next stage, every once & a while the reward for completing certain tasks has been SR or UR gems.

This fucking game has got to be kidding me. I was farming Tea with the Cerberus deck and just when I beat her, the game shows an error message and reboots.

The keys were wasted and I didn't get any rewards. This is bullshit.

Sucks but to be fair that can happen with almost all these serve based games :/

Galang

Banned

Just wait until trap cards like Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute. I haven't kept up in a decade, but many traps make Michizure look innocent by comparison. I still agree that it's a bit OP, but I don't trust Konami not to hold back with releasing even worse cards. I hope they're smart about the card choices and release neither

Top Bottom