• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

I'd rather it just not let me log on, than let me on and disconnect right as I win a Ranked game, removing the match from my history. *Sigh*

Get some more freaking servers...

.JayZii

Banned
So do I advance in stages by beating up all these scrubs on the street? I've got a ton of gold and nowhere to spend it and have just been doing online pvp.

Neol

So do I advance in stages by beating up all these scrubs on the street? I've got a ton of gold and nowhere to spend it and have just been doing online pvp.

On the top left you can click stage missions to see what you have to do to proceed to the next stage.

Gold is used for the card trader who has some pretty good cards and keys that you want to trade in for later.

.JayZii

Banned
On the top left you can click stage missions to see what you have to do to proceed to the next stage.

Gold is used for the card trader who has some pretty good cards and keys that you want to trade in for later.
Wow I'm blind. Thanks.

Pegasus is so easy to unlock I imagine we'll all have him within the next day.
All you need is to duel him like 4 times. It's the chip grinding that stalls it.

I beat peg twice and lost on the 3rd time at lvl 30. U need to beat the lvl 30 version to get him? Almost beat him the 1st time just gotta grind out more chips

sohois

Wasn't looking forward to grinding 350'000 points for Relinquished, but turns out that Pegasus comes with him. Now just gotta get the 90'000 for the ritual card.
edit: no, wait, his deck also includes the ritual card. Doesnt seem much point to grinding further

sohois

How many chips do you need for pegasus?

Pegasus is not unlocked with chips, you need points. The chips are for dueling with pegasus, which then earns you points to unlock stuff.

You need 5/10/20/40 chips, depending on the level of deck. The points are then equivalent to the standard points you earn after a duel, plus multiplier (1/3/7/18). To unlock Pegasus requires 35000 points, which can basically be done in 4 duels.

Delio

One more duel and i have Pegasus. I wonder whats really nasty in his level 30 deck. I ran through almost all of his cards in one duel and he never pulled out something to really overwhelm me.

Pastulio

Banned
Loving the game, but damn these server crashes during my playtime are killing me. On the beight side i finally unlocked Mako so I can start building a water deck.

There's no reason not to duel the higher level pegasus since win or lose you still get the points and at the crazy multiplier a loss to the 30/40 level deck is better then a win against the 10/20

NeoCross

Because of the 700 free gems konami gave out I finally got a sphere kuriboh...after 125 packs lol. Still need the 2 shards of greed so I can reset the box.

GNOSIS

Their server sucks. I thought it was just SEA because I didn't see anyone here complain but I guess it's worldwide.

I couldn't win against Pegasus at Lv.40. I didn't have a problem with his Lv.30 at all though so I'm quite surprised too that my friends couldn't get past him. I might have to try again to see. Maybe I was lucky.

Skyo

Their server sucks. I thought it was just SEA because I didn't see anyone here complain but I guess it's worldwide.

I couldn't win against Pegasus at Lv.40. I didn't have a problem with his Lv.30 at all though so I'm quite surprised too that my friends couldn't get past him. I might have to try again to see. Maybe I was lucky.

Lol same, his mimic spell card got me. Took my 2600 monster and used it against me..

I reached Silver Rank 4 last night and then promptly went back down to Silver Rank 3. You can always tell who has spent money on their decks. On the one hand I understand and it is what it is. On the other hand, it's frustrating.

I still do enjoy the game and will probably stick with it. For the record, I have spent $0 on the game so far.

Skyo

I reached Silver Rank 4 last night and then promptly went back down to Silver Rank 3. You can always tell who has spent money on their decks. On the one hand I understand and it is what it is. On the other hand, it's frustrating.

I still do enjoy the game and will probably stick with it. For the record, I have spent $0 on the game so far.

I spent some money on the initial card pack sales (5.99) altogether. and actually, it doesnt make that much of a difference unless you pay a substantial amount to get that one rare card in the box and then reset the box to get doubles. other than that, its based on luck to draw the cards you want.

sohois

The Lvl 40 decks take a huge leap from what's in the 30s. They'll have cards which aren't even available right now, like Vorse Raider for Kaiba.

Pegasus' deck is almost entirely Toon monsters at lvl 40, so he's quite easy if you just remove his Toon World - use Twister, De Spell or any other spell removal you have.

The optimal decks right now are things with three copies of several UR cards in them - so there's very little chance you'll run into seriously optimal stuff unless you face someone who's thrown a lot of real-world money at the game.

I spent some money on the initial card pack sales (5.99) altogether. and actually, it doesnt make that much of a difference unless you pay a substantial amount to get that one rare card in the box and then reset the box to get doubles. other than that, its based on luck to draw the cards you want.

In my experience, it feels like I have faced way more folks that have spent money than not. It reminds me of a lot of other mobile games in that sense. You always kind of hit that wall of people who just have better cards/stuff based on how much they've spent.

That said, I am still having fun with the game and enjoy it. Even when I do loose, it's cool to see what decks folks have put together.

Of course I type this right after winning in Silver 3 again against a guy playing Pegasus. Feels good. Then the server crashed on me. FeelsBadMan.

GNOSIS

The Lvl 40 decks take a huge leap from what's in the 30s. They'll have cards which aren't even available right now, like Vorse Raider for Kaiba.

Pegasus' deck is almost entirely Toon monsters at lvl 40, so he's quite easy if you just remove his Toon World - use Twister, De Spell or any other spell removal you have.

I didn't get De-spell when I duelled him at Lv.40. I got one when I duelled him again at Lv.30 though and was surprised that it removed his monster. (I would have won anyway but still.)

I lost because of that UR trap card that drags you down to the grave. (My Blue eyes...) Then there was this card that brought my Blue eyes back to his control. Then I had no way to come back from that.

Syntsui

The game is unplayable, three times where I got the reboot message after a duel. Of course I didn't get rewards. I'm done with this.

The game is unplayable, three times where I got the reboot message after a duel. Of course I didn't get rewards. I'm done with this.
It was fine before this event. I think/hope it's the server load from it since I never had a single disconnect before the Toon World announcement.

RalchAC

There's also the issue that it seems to be getting millions of new players per week. Shit is just too popular.

Yugioh was really, really popular when I was a kid (so in the late 90s early 00s) here in Spain.

Everybody had Yugioh decks and cards, I remember a lot of stores that had fake decks with crazy units like the Egypcian Gods for 3-4 bucks. Once the rumour about a store having some of those crazy powerful decks took off, everybody at school would go to try to grab it before they run out of copies.

I'm not surprised that the game is doing that good. But I can understand that they didn't said "let's have a server that can easily handle 50 million users!".

Appealing to millennials' nostalgia works, it seems.

Top Bottom