• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

Gold Rank 1! This game is great.

Edit: Right after I went into casual and lost to a guy Ranked KoG. Of course!

Edit2: Wow! Conscription just clutched a match for me. I had no monsters on the field. Opponenet had two. Used it and drew his BEWD. I finished the match draining his LP with his own card. Felt great.

Reminds me of when I got a opponent's Suijin and they disconnected lol.

Also AI stop being so retarded. I don't care if my trap master destroys one of my own traps. I need to block that fucking monster direct attack you dumb ass.

ZeroWil

Started today and having a blast. I REALLY hope they add more Fiend and Zombie monster cards since I need my boys Fiend of Darkness and Archfiend of Gilfer by my side once again.

Never trusting auto duel again. God the throws the cpu does, how infuriating!!!

They really need to be much more generous with gems. Like 100 gem reward per duel.

300 vs Legendary duelists. I want cards Konami, not icons and orbs.

Also the drops on level 30 duelist cards are pretty bad. Nothing higher than R. :(

wanders

Never trusting auto duel again. God the throws the cpu does, how infuriating!!!

They really need to be much more generous with gems. Like 100 gem reward per duel.

300 vs Legendary duelists. I want cards Konami, not icons and orbs.

Also the drops on level 30 duelist cards are pretty bad. Nothing higher than R. :(

No one would buy boosters if it's 100 gems per duel....

Skyo

yeah auto duels get much tougher when the AI is level 27. +they use the stray lambs and dont tribute set. cost me so many games

Thud

I pulled Michizure, Fusion Gate, Sonic Bird and Automonous Action Unit.

Pretty happy with the first one.

Syntsui

So, the last update really fucked the Cerberus farming deck, huh? Pretty much everyone have multiple ways to counter that right now, be it with magic/trap cards or effect on monsters.

How can we farm 100% reliably now?

Edit: The game doesn't let me login, so I suppose Pegasus event is back? LOL

This is just embarrassing, they must have no idea what they are doing. How can the one and only event the game ever had pretty much break it, eveb after several attempts of implementing it?

No one would buy boosters if it's 100 gems per duel....

Ok maybe 100 gems is too much but at least 10 per duel would be nice.

Hit Silver 3 so on my way up. Its hard when you get dead draws. 20 cards and drawing a total of 5 cards means 20% of your deck starts in your hand and it can range from all spells and traps which has happened to me a couple times.

I feel like whenever I play the Vagabond I always get the worst possible hands from my deck. It'll be all the spells in my deck at once, or otherwise no summonable monsters.

Also the people randomly whipping Thousand Dragon out left and right is annoying in auto duel haha... it's just pure luck and you spend the whole duel sitting on a way to counter it just in case.

Kouriozan

The Pegasus event is taking too long to come, I'm already losing interest in the game, hope it'll be there before it's too late and I switch to Fire Emblem Heroes as my 2nd Gacha game.

Dumb question, but what is a "Normal" monster? I've used spells before that require I have one/use one, and the spell fails and I waste it when I'm like 99% certain I have a Normal monster.

RedFyn

This maintenance info message is a joke. OK, you're staggering log ins but not, at least visually, putting me in a que. How am I supposed to know when it's my turn?

This is after getting unlinked because of some server issue. I'd really like to know what they're struggling with and why.

Edit: This was after the scheduled maintenance/500 gems. I got in eventually but the message they had was just bad and unhelpful.

sohois

Another 500 gems.

Immediately spent it on Ultimate Rising to try and get Sphere Kuriboh. Got Sonic Bird and nothing else.

I already have all the SRs from the pack, plus Hane Hane, Axe Raider and Summoner of Illusions. Just waiting on that damm Sphere

I was just playing online ranked, had knocked out a good amount of life points from opponent, and I had blue eyes on the field. Then they go, set a card down and it takes forever. Suddenly, it says I lost the duel.
How?!

It's always nice to wake up to 500 free Gems!

I pulled Mirror Wall on my 10th pack! I then got Kaiba up to 29 and pulled Yomi Ship.

I am A-OK with server maintenance.

I am a bit frustrated that the card traders inventory is changing. I really want Big Shield Gardna. I doubt I'll have enough extra UR to trade next time it's up.

Edit: I also crawled in to Gold Rank 2 this weekend. I keep working between 2 different decks. My main deck, a Kaiba PP deck with 24 cards, and my Kaiba PP with 20 cards. I can't decide which I like more. There's always that one duel where one card you think wouldn't shine actually does.

Back when I started playing the TCG, I used a Clown Deck which used Battle Position cards to abuse the effects of Dream Clown and Crass Clown, although it was powercreeped (or well, everything became too fast for it to be efective) later, I still remember it as my first Deck, and I just noticed that most cards that I used are available in the game! I'm sure this slower format will let it live again!

I also got my second Sphere Kuriboh with the 500 gems, although I'm not that excited about that.

El_Chino

Another 500 gems.

Immediately spent it on Ultimate Rising to try and get Sphere Kuriboh. Got Sonic Bird and nothing else.

I already have all the SRs from the pack, plus Hane Hane, Axe Raider and Summoner of Illusions. Just waiting on that damm Sphere
When do the new cards come out?

I hit Plat 1 last night. I went on a really good win streak. I was only beaten by a 1 turn Bandit Keith who busted out Karate Man and loaded him up so he could attack my LP directly twice. I wasn't even upset.

I actually wish the game had better sayings/calls rather than taunts. I'd love to be able to say "GG" or "Well Played" win or loose.

Bah. Went into Plat 1 during lunch and got worked 3 times in a row by Asian players. Dropped down to Gold 5 and then had to battle my way back up. I'm so hungry for KoG rank.

good started decks?

Which edition should I buy?

Ultimate Rising has a lot of good general cards. I started with these until I got the URs like Hane Hane, Sphere Kuriboh, etc... Age of Discovery is great for a water deck. Neo-Impact has a mix, but also Mirror Wall.

Mirror Wall is absolutely OP. I use it mostly as a one turn card and not pay the 2000 LP, just to destroy one of their strong monsters.

Honestly I think it should be forbidden, considering how many times I have won off the back of it. It's like Michizure except your monster stays on the field.

Damn im starting to get to the point where getting gems is becoming more difficult. I don't know what I would have done without all the gems they have been giving away.

I got Kaiser Sea Horse from one of the packs so I'm very happy. Also fixed up my deck. Now silver rank 2.

This one guy was super crazy, had 3 conscription which actually worked lol.

Skyo

im trying to do a spellcaster/gravekeeper deck, man the good cards are hard to come by.

yeah, would love to recreate my gravekeepers and fairy decks that I have. Dont think you can get necrovalley yet though so..pretty weak. loving my water deck with umi :D winning those games

Kitoro

I've been doing nothing since day one aside from daily logins, and am sitting at 5000 gems.

What's my best course of action when I'm ready to start playing? I've been trying to wait for a new series to add to the shop to splurge on, so I could be the newer, cooler kid on the block, but maybe that series will suck, so I figure I'd reach out for recommendations.

Thanks!

Top Bottom