• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links releasing worldwide mid-January 2017 (iOS/Android)

o5LYtKz.png

Konami (Twitter)
Announcement (in Japanese)
so here's a google translate
Konami Digital Entertainment is pleased to announce that it has decided to distribute the mobile game "Duel Links" from mid-January 2017 in the whole world for the * 1.

"Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links" is a mobile game optimized for smartphones, the fun of trading card games enjoyed in 75 countries and regions, 9 languages, mainly in Japan, North America and Europe. This work is distributed to about 150 countries and regions, it corresponds to the 11 languages * 2. In Japan, it has been distributed since November 17, 2016, and after 2 weeks of delivery, the number of downloads is about 5 million, so many people enjoy it.

Official Site

Brenal

Im sure it will be a fine game, lets just hope the microtransactions arent as ridiculous as the dlc in legacy of the duelist.

Kouriozan

It's the "casualized" gameplay, right?
I mean 3 monsters and magic/trap card at the same time.
Just hope the UI is fast and easy to navigate, I remember trying another Yu-Gi-Oh! game earlier this year and it was pretty slow.

Awesome! Any impressions from the beta?

I got the game from the Japanese iTunes (it's in english)
The campaign is boring and repetitive
I like the presentation, has a lot of style
You don't get access to many strong monsters early on(Axe Raider is an Ultra Rare in the first Booster Pack!), thankfully there are 1650 Attack monsters as Rares in the 2nd pack
Speed Duel format works I guess, makes the duels shorter, something that seems necessary for a mobile game
4kids voice actors? I can't imagine Yugi being played by anyone who's not Dan Green.
Yes, Dan Green is voicing Yugi.
Does it still only have the smaller board and shit that I heard it had, or does it include regular duels too now
Speed Duel format is all I've had options to, I'm on Stage 15 though.
A STAR STUDDED LINEUP!

*shows Tea*
She's the one you get Dark Magician Girl from too for some reason.

Im sure it will be a fine game, lets just hope the microtransactions arent as ridiculous as the dlc in legacy of the duelist.
Here's some of the micro transaction for the packs.

Oynox

Is this finally a real Yu-Gi-Oh game for mobile? Last entries were half hearted.. Would love to be in the nostalgia of the first two generations.

Top Bottom